Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Viking Symbology
Quote:The valknut is composed of three interlinked equilateral triangles. The nine lines symbolize the nine worlds of the Norse tradition, the power of three times three. Specifically, it is a symbol of Odin. As a protector, it invokes the power of eternal unity. Its name means "the knot of the fallen (or chosen) ones."

Borromean Triangles

According to H. R. Ellis Davidson, the valknut:

'is thought to symbolize the power of the god [Odin] to bind or unbind [a man's mind] ... so that men became helpless in battle, and he could also loosen the tensions of fear and strain by his gifts of battle-madness, intoxication, and inspiration.'

One of many archetypes used by Vikings.

Compare numbers 3 & 9 and triangle symbology with archetypes and texts in HH book.

Thankyou, Sariel.

I am in a very bad state right now.

I just ordered some reports from Mr Swerdlow.

I figured if I am about to self-destruct, I am going to go out with at least a little knowledge of who I really am.

I was crying as I was ordering...and forgot to give my birth details...I have sent them separately - but the reply notification to this thread was there alongside my order confirmation.

Thankyou for the post.

You have identified the 3 things that have some real meaning for me: 3, 9 & Triangle.

I am just so very...tired.

I want to say a big thanks to everyone here and to please,please, pardon my programming - I am working really hard - there is much damage to repair within me.

With kind regards

xan-i

Just take it easy Xan-i , Relax  :)

V-SmileyK

xan-i Wrote:Thankyou, Sariel.

I am in a very bad state right now.

I just ordered some reports from Mr Swerdlow.

I figured if I am about to self-destruct, I am going to go out with at least a little knowledge of who I really am.

I was crying as I was ordering...and forgot to give my birth details...I have sent them separately - but the reply notification to this thread was there alongside my order confirmation.

Thankyou for the post.

You have identified the 3 things that have some real meaning for me: 3, 9 & Triangle.

I am just so very...tired.

I want to say a big thanks to everyone here and to please,please, pardon my programming - I am working really hard - there is much damage to repair within me.

With kind regards

xan-i
I would now write:

Thankyou for the post.

You have identified three things of interest here: 3, 9 & Triangle.

I want to say a big thanks to everyone here and to please, pardon my programming - I'm working on it.

With kind regards

xan-i

*Note: I had returned with the intention of editing my initial post as a symbolic gesture in order to erase the negativity the former contained - a reflection of the 'now' as opposed to 'then'... However, the forum is not set up to permit that after a 3-hour interval...

:)  Never mind - all for the good.

Its all goood!  ;)