Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Waking State Alpha and Dreamwork
I know some of you here are interested in lucid dreaming. My own dream recall has been a bit spotty over the years but I'm working on remember my dreams better. I find if I can remember them and go over them in my mind a few times right after I wake up, then I can actually go into the same dream the next night and then manipulate or change events if I can remain lucid enough.

I'm enjoying this type of dreamwork. it's allowing me to do things like revisit scenes from my childhood that keep showing up in my dreams and change the outcome.  You know, standing up to old bullies, resolving issues with my father, that type of thing.

One of the problems I've had over the years is the alarm clock issue. You have to get up in the morning, right? But most alarms startle me awake and make it hard or next to impossible to remember my dreams.

A friend turned me on to a clock that has been out there for a while. Any of you tried it? It's called the Zen Alarm clock. 

The clock has a small Tibetan chime with it and it rings the chime to wake you up. The chime rings slowly at first and then picks up speed over about ten minutes.  I like it. I'm finding that the tone doesn't interfere with my dreams, it helps me to "finish up" whatever business I have going on in the morning right around waking time. And waking up to this natural tone is helping me to remember my dreams much better. Then I can start programming dreams for the next night.

I bought my clock at a site that talks about the benefits of waking up to a natural sound.  You can buy them different places. This site has a few reviews of how to use the clock in timed meditations and also describes how you can use the clock for doing affirmations when you're waking up. I haven't tried that but I plan to.

Interested in feedback about how people are doing their own lucid dreamwork and if they are trying to program their dreams like I'm working on.

Hippocamp

The site I talked about with the clocks: http://www.zenalarmclockinfo.com

For the past few days I had been waking up at 6 and then falling back to sleep immediately. Although this is not exactly a lucid dream where I wake up while dreaming, I could still think and the thoughts would appear as vividly and linear as possible.

Those Zen clocks sound pretty cool. I’ll have to check one out one day.

The zen clock does sound cool...   But even better you should tell yourself what time you want to awake in the morning and wake yourself up.  We can do that and its a good way to gain focus and power of your life!  :)  Just something to play with.