Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Was the Bible forged?
By Daily Mail Reporter
Last updated at 4:34 AM on 27th March 2011

Parts of the Bible were written by people who lied about their identity, an author has claimed.

Bart D Ehrman claims many books of the New Testament were forged by people pretending to be the apostles Peter, Paul or James.

Writing in the Huffington Post, Professor Ehrman,  best selling author of 'Misquoting Jesus' and 'Jesus, Interrupted', said religious scholars were well aware of the 'lies' of the Bible.

While some were happy to acknowledge them others refer to them as 'pseudepigrapha' - meaning a falsely attributed work -, he wrote.

In his new book , Why the Bible's Authors Are Not Who We Think They Are, Professor Ehrman claims The Second Epistle of Peter - or 2 Peter - was forged.

'...scholars everywhere - except for our friends among the fundamentalists - will tell you that there is no way on God's green earth that Peter wrote the book.

'Someone else wrote it claiming to be Peter,' he writes.

He then suggests scholars who say it was acceptable in the ancient world for someone to write a book in the name of someone else, are wrong.

'If you look at what ancient people actually said about the practice, you'll see that they invariably called it lying and condemned it as a deceitful practice, even in Christian circles,' Professor Ehrman writes.

Many scholars think six of the 13 letters allegedly written by Paul were actually authored by somebody else claiming to be Paul, Professor Ehrman claims.

Assumed identity: Professor Ehrman claims someone posing as St Peter, right,  wrote 2 Peter, and another posing as St Paul, left, wrote six of his 13 letters

'In the ancient world, books like that were labelled as pseudoi - lies,' he writes.

Professor Ehrman also claims the author of the book of 1 Timothy claimed to be Paul but in actual fact was someone living after Paul had died.

The author then used the apostle's name to address a problem he saw in church, according to Professor Ehrman.

'Women were speaking out, exercising authority and teaching men. That had to stop,' he writes.

Oppression: Professor Erhman claims whoever wrote 1 Timothy was trying to put women in their place and cited the garden of Eden as an example of what can happen when women are in charge.

Agenda: Professor Erhman claims whoever wrote 1 Timothy was trying to put women in their place by citing the garden of Eden as an example of what can happen when women are in charge

'The author told women to be silent and submissive, and reminded his readers about what happened the first time a woman was allowed to exercise authority over a man, in that little incident in the garden of Eden.

'No, the author argued, if women wanted to be saved, they were to have babies (1 Tim. 2:11-15).'

Paul is known as one of history's great misogynists, largely based on this passage from the Bible.

But Professor Ehrman argues this label is not necessarily justified because he wasn't the one to write it.

'And why does it matter? Because the passage is still used by church leaders today to oppress and silence women,' writes Professor Ehrman.

'Why are there no women priests in the Catholic Church? Why are women not allowed to preach in conservative evangelical churches? Why are there churches today that do not allow women even to speak?

'In no small measure it is because Paul allegedly taught that women had to be silent, submissive and pregnant.

'Except that the person who taught this was not Paul, but someone lying about his identity so that his readers would think he was Paul.'

Professor Ehrman then goes on to write how the Bible is actually filled with the need for 'truth' but many of its writers were telling a lie.

'It appears that some of the New Testament writers, such as the authors of 2 Peter, 1 Timothy and Ephesians, felt they were perfectly justified to lie in order to tell the truth,' he writes.

'But we today can at least evaluate their claims and realize just how human, and fallible, they were.'

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-...stles.html#

the Alexandria Bible is the only true Bible,,, but it does not exist anywhere in public domain,,, nor in non-elistist's private domain

the only known copies of it exist deep under the vatican and in remote swiss alps mountain

last man to have accidentally discovered a copy of it was in Alabama America,,, about 30 years ago,,, a farmer who excavated an old condemned barn on his farm to erect a new one

he mentioned it to the local postmaster of his post office without knowing he was a high order mason

within 24hours of mentioning it,, a team of vatican knights rolled up to his farm,,, unannounced

confiscated the book,,, and burnt every building and structure on the farm to the ground,, with the whole family inside the farmhouse,,, mother, father, 3 children

this does not happen to anyone in possession of the KJV or Geneva bibles,, or the Talmud of Jmmanual disinfo, though the geneva has more original scripture than the kjv, they are both removed from the true original scriptures contained only in the Alexandria Bible
“THE FEDERATED STATE IN INTERNATIONAL LAW IS VIEWED AS A SOLE PERSON.” - 7th Inter­na­tional Con­fer­ence of Amer­ica States

That's an interesting story. I never heard of the Alexandria bible. I do have a Geneva bible and you're right it's a lot different than mordern bibles.

though neither are the real deal, the geneva is far truer a bible than the kjv could ever be

the kjv is more aligned with commercial law, the geneva, with common law

but the Alexandria is the source of jurisdiction that both common and commercial law are derived,,, it is the essence of TRUST law, the most powerful law on earth,, the truest and PURIST law,,, the most JUST law of all,,,  the highest law,, natural and universal law,,,, equitable jurisdiction

the new testaments alike,,, new is commerical, old is common,, hence the old testament is no longer allowed in todays court,,, they are all commercial courts,,, admiralty,,, you can only swear on a kjv bible in courts today,, not a geneva and not on an old testament of any sort

the bibles of today are wills,,, temporary testamentary trusts,, hence the term, "testament"

and who are wills created for?  the dead to be
whose is their beneficiary?  the dead

as are constitutions the world over,,, they too are temporary testamentary trusts,,, wills,,, but wills having MANY beneficiaries,,, the people,, and not "we",,, "we" are not we the people, "we" are THEY,,, the ones who wrote the will, the constitution,,, "we" are the aristocrats, the royalties,,, not "the people",,, the people did NOT write the constitution,, they did not write the covert will of enslavement that so many hide behind thinking it offers them protection from the law,,, ie, incompetent,,, or as put in Roman Canon Law,,, a "thing",,, just as wood and trees and dogs and cats are "things" in the eyes of roman canon law,,, so are those who have not made any attempt to change that,,, the constitution offers no solace,, it does the total opposite,,, it declares or classifies you as having no LIVING status before the law,,, a SLAVE,, a ward of the state,,,,,, a citizen,,,  hence when invoked in court (the constitution),, judges can do with you as they please,,, as any living can do to the dead,, the SOULLESS,,, lost and abandoned at sea,,, hence their souls can be SALVAGED under the admiralty laws of salvage,,, and they are all salvaged by the vatican,,, it has most every ones soul to do with at it pleases, including placing bullet in head without reason or court order if they want to,,, but NOT mine or others like me, and there are many in America like that but you will not hear of them easily,,, my/our status at law is of the living,,, we are not a thing nor dead,,, and we do not "reside at an address",,, we dwell at a "location" on the land, and our mail is not delivered by mailman,,, we pick it up at the general post office where we are postmasters along with the office's other postmaster that works there, but i don't work there nor do any other postmasters set up like me,,, we are non-domestic to washington dc mail (commercial/admiralty mail, most everyones mail today), even though i live thousands of miles from America,,, on the other side of the globe in fact,, an address ONLY exists at sea, but they don't tell you that, and seeing as you do not challenge it with them, they presume you are lost at sea,,, incompetent at law and life,,, when the GPO's were replaced with plain post-offices they set up post mailboxes everywhere where you deposit your mail to send to others,, along with your freedoms and rights,,  that is where you deposit them too every time you send and receive mail through the worldwide "domestic mail" system, there is no address on land,,, i have living status and i have made judges pass orders to that effect from long ago,,, hence no statutes, no fines or penalties, no taxes, no passport nor license and i travel internationally whenever i wish and traverse in an automobile daily (i do not "drive" a "vehicle or car"), no rates, no rents of any form or sort,, nor other such things for me,,, if i wished,, i could grow anything my heart desired for my personal and private use on any land of any country on earth, and no one would have the right to touch it or me,,, but the only things i grow are vegetables and edible trees,, they enough for me

you can do it to,,, study the law,,, know the law,,, you have to live by it every moment of your existence in this realm

back to it,,,

back in the day,, the bibles,,, they were originally "covenants" not "trusts"

new and old covenant,, not new and old testaments

need i remind that any temporary testamentary trust was an expiration term,,, covenants do not

they planned to "extinguish" the trust from its date of inception,, which was around the date of inception of the nwo when pike sat around a table with associates uttering universal demise of humanity
“THE FEDERATED STATE IN INTERNATIONAL LAW IS VIEWED AS A SOLE PERSON.” - 7th Inter­na­tional Con­fer­ence of Amer­ica States

though neither are the real deal, the geneva is far truer a bible than the kjv could ever be

the kjv is more aligned with commercial law, the geneva, with common law

but the Alexandria is the source of jurisdiction that both common and commercial law are derived,,, it is the essence of TRUST law, the most powerful law on earth,, the truest and PURIST law,,, the most JUST law of all,,,  the highest law,, natural and universal law,,,, equitable jurisdiction

the new testaments alike,,, new is commerical, old is common,, hence the old testament is no longer allowed in todays court,,, they are all commercial courts,,, admiralty,,, you can only swear on a kjv bible in courts today,, not a geneva and not on an old testament of any sort

the bibles of today are wills,,, temporary testamentary trusts,, hence the term, "testament"

and who are wills created for?  the dead to be
whose is their beneficiary?  the dead

as are constitutions the world over,,, they too are temporary testamentary trusts,,, wills,,, but wills having MANY beneficiaries,,, the people,, and not "we",,, "we" are not we the people, "we" are THEY,,, the ones who wrote the will, the constitution,,, "we" are the aristocrats, the royalties,,, not "the people",,, the people did NOT write the constitution,, they did not write the covert will of enslavement that so many hide behind thinking it offers them protection from the law,,, ie, incompetent,,, or as put in Roman Canon Law,,, a "thing",,, just as wood and trees and dogs and cats are "things" in the eyes of roman canon law,,, so are those who have not made any attempt to change that,,, the constitution offers no solace,, it does the total opposite,,, it declares or classifies you as having no LIVING status before the law,,, a SLAVE,, a ward of the state,,,,,, a citizen,,,  hence when invoked in court (the constitution),, judges can do with you as they please,,, as any living can do to the dead,, the SOULLESS,,, lost and abandoned at sea,,, hence their souls can be SALVAGED under the admiralty laws of salvage,,, and they are all salvaged by the vatican,,, it has most every ones soul to do with at it pleases, including placing bullet in head without reason or court order if they want to,,, but NOT mine or others like me, and there are many in America like that but you will not hear of them easily,,, my/our status at law is of the living,,, we are not a thing nor dead,,, and we do not "reside at an address",,, we dwell at a "location" on the land, and our mail is not delivered by mailman,,, we pick it up at the general post office where we are postmasters along with the office's other postmaster that works there, but i don't work there nor do any other postmasters set up like me,,, we are non-domestic to washington dc mail (commercial/admiralty mail, most everyones mail today), even though i live thousands of miles from America,,, on the other side of the globe in fact,, an address ONLY exists at sea, but they don't tell you that, and seeing as you do not challenge it with them, they presume you are lost at sea,,, incompetent at law and life,,, when the GPO's were replaced with plain post-offices they set up post mailboxes everywhere where you deposit your mail to send to others,, along with your freedoms and rights,,  that is where you deposit them too every time you send and receive mail through the worldwide "domestic mail" system, there is no address on land,,, i have living status and i have made judges pass orders to that effect from long ago,,, hence no statutes, no fines or penalties, no taxes, no passport nor license and i travel internationally whenever i wish and traverse in an automobile daily (i do not "drive" a "vehicle or car"), no rates, no rents of any form or sort,, nor other such things for me,,, if i wished,, i could grow anything my heart desired for my personal and private use on any land of any country on earth, and no one would have the right to touch it or me,,, but the only things i grow are vegetables and edible trees,, they enough for me

you can do it to,,, study the law,,, know the law,,, you have to live by it every moment of your existence in this realm

back to it,,,

back in the day,, the bibles,,, they were originally "covenants" not "trusts"

new and old covenant,, not new and old testaments

need i remind that any temporary testamentary trust was an expiration term,,, covenants do not

they planned to "extinguish" the trust from its date of inception,, which was around the date of inception of the nwo when pike sat around a table with associates uttering universal demise of humanity