Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Waynes world and books
The other day I got talking to a young bloke in town, at 15yrs old he is a bit of an expert on life and I found it incredibly hard to keep a straight face. I asked him about school – said he hates it, this is not unusual, but then we got on the subject of books and he said “books are for losers”. He said he wants a job, a hot car and a chick to match, he wants to leave home and do his own thing.

I am no way suggesting that this generation are all comparable to ‘Wayne’ but are books old fashioned?, I love books and I always give them as gifts, I have a stack that I have not yet looked at, but still buy more, so has technology completely taken over reading?

When I think of it, I do not see people reading much these days, they have lap tops sitting next to their latte in the café, they use their miniature note books and every second person is on their cell phone.

A book is a collection of ideals, a persons individual thoughts and their determination to get it published and circulated. It is accomplishment of a dream; this is why I have put it in creative talents. This year is a cycle of reflection, of looking back at where our journey has taken us. Should we continue to accompany this technological persuasion or try and go back to old fashioned values? Do you read and do you enjoy being in a book store?

You no longer have to research, just insert a key word and instantly you have the answer. But how accurate is that information you are receiving? So is Wayne proof that the NWO agenda is succeeding, because the ‘Wayne’s’ of the world are the future. I am really interested to know if those on this forum still read or have come to depend on technology.

I am compelled to answer this even though I haven't been replying much on the forum lately. icon_sweet  Anyone who knows me already knows the answer to this question. I  [Image: 2652.gif]  books. [Image: 2707.gif]  I love bookstores and libraries also. I love the atmosphere, the smell, the ambience...everything. I love getting lost in a good story and putting myself in it (if it's really written well). I also love the 'feel' of books; the weight in my hands, the 'feel' of the pages, the 'sound' of the pages turning. I can't think of anything that I don't like about books. I for one, would be very upset if books were no longer. I just can't get 'into' a story when I'm 'reading' it on a computer screen. To me it's just not the same...but maybe that's just because I'm from the 'older' generation...

I love to read too. I don’t think people who hate to read are anything new. Almost everyone I’ve met during my life have hated to read. Manufactures say that the biggest problem they have with their products is the customer not reading the instructions. I use to manage a quick lube and car wash and I was amazed at the amount of people who would not read simple signs. Like for example people would come into the office and complain that they put 25 cents in the vacuum and nothing happened. All they had to do is read the sign that says it takes 50 cents to use the vacuum. So my guess is that humans on this planet have always hated to read.

Great reply DT and Richard, but as DT says is it the ‘older generation’ that only appreciates reading and has a love of books, my children have always enjoyed books, reading and writing but that is their upbringing. Technology is in abundance and we are becoming dependant on high tech gadgets, part of the NWO agenda is to create a robotic race and although ‘Wayne’ is only 15 and most people would say he is naive and knows nothing about the world. However his hopes, thoughts and dreams of the future will set off a reality for those who are like-minded to him. In twenty years technology will take over all basics in our daily life, how does the older generation show the younger generation what the rulers of the world are doing?

If you wanted to enlighten young people about the truth, you would have to sneak it into videos games and popular music. If you wanted to enlighten young people about the truth, you would have to sneak it into videos games and popular music. icon_anmachen

Richard,
This is true, as music is so important to a youthful person going through the transition of becoming an adult, and is already being blasted by subliminal thanks to x-box and play station. I just wonder at the overall picture at times and think that they are the first generation to be exposed to the truth in such a large scale and also many in this generation have missed out on childhood activities because of the programmed puppets in the world out there to hurt them and producing fear. My own children will never feel the freedom to explore as I did, anyway I have gone off topic, we were talking about books, so do you want to tell us what you or DT are reading at the moment.
Cheers.

I *heart* books.  

icon_2kaffee 

I love them because they are so quiet. They just sit on their shelves waiting to be opened and discovered.   And hold so many treasures and great adventures. 

This is heaven to me:

[Image: 137431833_c48f9c54b5.jpg]

One of my all time greatest plan for the future is to own a bookstore like Meg Ryan in "You Got Mail" or like the one in the picture above (Market Street Books, Salisbury Maryland).

And to Wayne I send out these quotes and my MOST FAV scene from The NeverEnding Story, which takes place in a bookstore w/the bookstore owner: 

Bookstore owner - Get outta here! I don't like kids. Are you still here? Didn't you hear what I said boy?
Bastian - Ummm...I was...
Bookstore owner - You're hiding, aren't you?
Bastian - No, I was just...
Bookstore owner - The video arcade is down the street. Here we just sell small rectangular objects, they're called books. They require a little effort on your part and they make no b-b-b-beeps. On your way please.
Bastian - I know books. I have 186 of them at home.
Bookstore owner - Daaaaaah! Comic books.
Bastian - No. I've read Treasure Island, Last of the Mohicans, Wizard of Oz, Lord of The Rings, 20,000 Leagues Under The Sea, Tarzan...
Bookstore owner - Whoa, whoa, whoa. Come. Who are you running away from?
Bastian - I don't know. Just some kids from school.
Bookstore owner - Why?
Bastian - They wanna throw me in the garbage.
Bookstore owner - Why don't you give them a good punch in the nose?
Bastian - Well...I dunno. What's that book about?
Bookstore owner - Oh...this is something special.
Bastian - Well, what is it?
Bookstore owner - Look, your books are safe. By reading them you get to become Tarzan or Robinson Crusoe.
Bastian - That's what I like about them.
Bookstore owner - Ahhhh, but afterwards you get to be a little boy again.
Bastian - Well, what do you mean?
Bookstore owner - Listen. Have you ever been Captain Nemo trapped inside your submarine, while the giant squid is attacking you?
Bastian - Yes.
Bookstore owner - Weren't you afraid you couldn't escape?
Bastian - But it's only a story.
Bookstore owner - That's what I'm talking about. The ones you read are safe.
Bastian - And that one isn't?
Bookstore owner - Don't worry about it.
Bastian - But...but, you just said it was...
Bookstore owner - Forget about it. This book is not for you.

Now.... hehe... if someone could just teach me how to access and read the Akashic Records, I'd be most appreciative AND busy for quite a while.
                                                                            icon_buch

Sily Wrote:Now.... hehe... if someone could just teach me how to access and read the Akashic Records, I'd be most appreciative AND busy for quite a while.                                                                           
Me too. icon_ohmcandle

Silly, you are brilliant, and so funny. Perhaps I should go and buy Wayne a book?

Richard - if I should ever have any experience at all with the Akashic Records, I will def. come back here and share with you how I accessed all that great info.

Astrojewels - I don't know what to say!  How's that for brilliance!

I wish your friend Wayne an interesting journey, with or without books.  icon_2cool

If I remember correctly, my preference when I was fifteen... Hunter S Thompson, Kurt Vonnegut and Carlos Castaneda.  A job, a hot car and a chick to match (!)... was the farthest thing from my mind, at that time.   :snooty:   But then ...you are reading the words of a human being, who required the presence of a screaming extraterrestrial to appear before me one night...................... telling me to get my life started & together or ELSE.

I'm a late bloomer, what can I say?  *coughs*

[size="2"][/size]