Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Where have all the muscicians gone?
Ive been a wanderer almost all 22 years of my life and ive finally come to the realization that not many people have been out just playing there music on the streets and for the life of me i cant figure out why no one does, isnt it the joy of playing the music and others enjoying the sound that makes it matter?

Supressed times make for supressed people Diajin... and supressed people do not have the joy in them to seek music as much as those who are not so supressed as were people in yesteryear.

I have also noticed that the same thing has happened with people having parties. Years ago everyone had them all the time and they lasted almost all weekend. Nowadays you'd be lucky to ahve any and when you do they last till 1 or 2 in the morning and everyone goes home like nothing ever happened. In the old paprties people would go home and feel like they had been partying for the rest of the week.

Where have all the good times gone Diajin??!!!!

The illuninati took them away mate.

perhaps everyone is a muscician in the way a person sings to see but talkes to be heard and by now others may have finally came to the same realization or was it once a realization that we all had in some ancient past when the most beautiful muscician sung even if it was only to be heard or was it to be heard and to see, how many people are finding truth in this now, where has all this most ancient knowledge gone and how many people have let the most beautiful music go in a way that no one even understands that its always been their in the ground that is a crystal floating in a sea.

Well, I think music is still being played on the streets to some extent. Every time I go into NYC, there are musicians playing in the subway and on street corners. But because of the technology available to musicians nowdays, there are also new alternate ways for self expression, such as posting original music on a myspace page etc...

The downside is that posting music online isn't live and is missing that "in the moment" energy, but the upside is that original music can now be heard by more people. I have a myspace page that has original music which I created as an interpretation of the lessons learned from the Stewart Swerdlow Hyperspace seminars.

I did perform some of this music live at the Expansions Conferences, but the myspace page offers even more of an opportunity to spread the word. The powers that be may control what music is gets played to the masses, but I think there are musicians all over the place doing their thing anyway.

(If you're interested in hearing my music, please go to http://www.myspace.com/MargoKalogera )   :)

Good news! There are still street musicians in Cincinnati. Good ones too.:-)

Well, its not live but I belong to Nexus Radio and they play all us NON signed bands of original music. We even have a chat page or you can chat on irc or in their java chat page during a live DJ show . You would use Winamp to listen into the shows. Feel free to listen in and have fun at the chat shows. Not for the Faint of Heart as they are doing these shows for free and enjoying Freedom of speach!!!!!!!!!
http://www.nexusradio.co.uk/

Quote:Good news! There are still street musicians in Cincinnati. Good ones too.:-)
:big grin:LOLOLOL!!! 

That must be when Cincinnati's open I assume?:big grin: 

Good and even GREAT musicians ABOUND the world over... moreso now than ever before.  But one has to make the effort and spend the time listening to them to realize they're there. 

Go for it Andrew...I would sing your song...:boohoo:

That's better!!! OK DT, wait for my lead... let's go!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FW-6A6ahISs

... and they say good musicans aren't around?? Well please explain the following if you can:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iQFDAa7o9aE

People don't play music in the streets anymore because it just isn't economically vital. There are musicians who are struggling to pay the bills while following their passion. The great thing about youtube.com and myspace.com is they are great outlets for blogging where others could understand what those struggling musicians are going through. By the way, they play in clubs.

Anyways, there's a new breed of musicians and they are the young people. All kinds of music shows up on youtube.com and myspace.com because aspiring musicians just wanted to express their music on there. Through a click of the button, a song gets posted up. It's true that most of those songs would be from teenagers who took music as a explorative hobby, not a life-struggling thing, but as for music dieing, it has not died, and people still do express their music freely. They just don't do it on the streets.