Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Where u goin with that Gun in your hand?
Yes MN very true, but you also have a huge population who love the government, and the whole agenda works in baby steps, they won’t start by taking away the guns, they know it will create a riot, so the first step is always registering all the guns, and then taking away one weapon at a time, high powered rifle, semi automatic etc.. And before you know it the laws that are required to have any gun except a single shot gun are outrageous.

AJ, Relatively few Americans trust or have faith in their government.The article below was written in 2001 and I know the trust has steadily decreased since.

Gun Owners More Likely To Distrust Government 

Jeff Grabmeier

COLUMBUS, Ohio -- A new nationwide study confirms the popular notion that people who own guns are more likely than others to have little confidence in the federal government.
Using a nationwide sample, sociologists at Ohio State University found that gun owners had less faith than non-owners in the government, even after they considered a variety of other factors that may affect gun ownership.
"Far from being a characteristic of a small minority, distrust of the federal government is widespread, a finding that has been reported before," said Robert Jiobu, an associate professor at Ohio State. "We found that these people who don't have faith in the government are more likely to own guns."
The results also held true no matter who was President at the time of the survey: Ronald Reagan, George Bush or Bill Clinton.
The study was published in a recent issue of the journal Social Science Quarterly. The researchers analyzed data collected between 1988 and 1996 from the General Social Survey (GSS), which included interviews with a total of 6,576 people.
Participants were asked several questions about how much confidence they had in the people who ran the three branches of the federal government.
Nearly half of the Americans surveyed -- 43.9 percent -- had hardly any confidence in one or more branches of the federal government, a finding that supports other studies.
Results showed that of those respondents who said they had a great deal of faith in all three branches of government, only 23 percent owned a firearm -- compared to a 37 percent gun ownership rate among those who had hardly any faith in any branch of the federal government.
The results held firm even after the researchers controlled for a variety of other factors that may affect whether people own guns. These included things such as political ideology, gender, age, education, general fear of crime, and whether the respondents had been crime victims in the previous year. They also controlled for whether participants or someone in their household hunted, what region of the country they lived in and whether they lived in a city, in the suburbs or in a rural area.
http://www.albionmonitor.com/0108a/gunownerfear.html

I think that George helped decline the faith, but people tend to think the leader-government as one, and the general population are not aware of how limited the actual leader of any country is, the leader is a puppet/face/stool pigeon for the hidden bureaucracy agenda and getting worse.

The record amount of people voting in the last election would suggest what?

Only that more blacks turned out to vote simply because a blackman was a candidate

If this administration attempts to change the Constitution and/or  tighten gun control it will not go down easy I promise you.
 This administration has given the American general public an education and heightened their degree of cynicism as per the plan I'm sure. Whatever innocence remained is rapidly diminishing.

I know a lot of people are very unhappy with Obama, the short clips I did see on the election; the people are like altered robots their faces have energy of following like a cult, Do you think his position is to create greater racial division? For a country of so many, so many of your systems are designed to fail, like your heath system is in my opinion, ridiculous. But with such a large population of free thinkers what or how do you begin to change.

What specifically do you find ridiculous about our health care system such as it were as opposed to other health care systems?

I think its kind of cruel that your medicals are so expensive, and it seems to really separate your citizens of who gets what depending on your insurance etc, most of our medical system here are free, we have health insurance for those who can afford it and private hospitals, but 90% of GP’s are bulk billed so it costs you a very small fee to go, and for the lower wage earners it is free.  

Yes the greed factor prevails in all industry. Just yesterday a new health care plan passed the House  so we'll see.

On that note however, I have boarders fom Europe who bring their family members here for medical attention they can't receive  under their free medical plans. They are happy to pay.According to them this is pretty common. They are the some of  ones that speak the loudest against socialized medicine.
 I have also seen the welfare systems we do have here so very abused by those who feel the government  and society should take care of them.We have many illegal residents who are taken care by such systems.

I am of the belief that people need to be more responsible for their own health care. In general people know more about their cars than they do their own bodies.

However I do feel that there needs to be in place a system to protect those who cannot afford proper healthcare due to no fault of their own and that includes financial status.

Yes I agree, it is a big bag of worms MN, I just think it is unfair that you have to pay so much for insurance etc, but I totally see your point that free health care is abused, same thing happens here.

free healthcare = free pharms = drug abuse

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  stew needs to get some live streaming tv goin on like alex jones ShadowRunner 1 1,067 11-15-2008, 08:27 AM
Last Post: Research