Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
World Bank, IMF, and trends in economy
I am not sure if any topic is dealing with these institutions, so here it is to mention some issues on the latest developments in these area.

First to explain I do not follow much the news, but I was unable not to notice that some "strange" things are happening in Europe.

As we know WB and IMF are playing important role in th world and i the national economies of some contries.

Lately IMF is approving loans or some rescue plans to some countries like Serbia, Romania etc...the amounts are huge, not that they can not spend them, but it does raise the question: Who will pay back these loans, when the countries are facing crisis? Does the goverment know or are they aware what are they doing?

Are these countries becoming debtors or maybe is more proper to say vasals to WB/IMF? Like all this is done for some purpose.

Maybe I am overeacting but reading all these news I become very much worried.

To add, is interesting for me to read in newspaper that China is prepared to give IMF additional funds about $ 100 milliard, for IMF to fight the global financial crisis.:?

And in my country last week representatives of the Chinese Development Bank or similar Bank to it, came to offer a credit line.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Bank of China buys into Rothschild bank Richard 0 1,009 10-09-2008, 01:30 PM
Last Post: Richard
  Fed, central banks cut rates to aid world economy Richard 0 685 10-08-2008, 12:49 PM
Last Post: Richard