Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
The Expansions Cult
Herewith another model, this time by Janja Lalich & Madelaine Tobias, “Take Back Your Life”, Bay Tree Publishing, 2006. 

1.    The group displays excessively zealous and unquestioning commitment to its leader and (whether he is alive or dead) regards his belief system, ideology, and practices as the Truth, as law.

2.    ‪Questioning, doubt, and dissent are discouraged or even punished.

3.    ‪Mind-altering practices (such as meditation, chanting, speaking in tongues, denunciation sessions, and debilitating work routines) are used in excess and serve to suppress doubts about the group and its leader(s).

4.    The leadership dictates, sometimes in great detail, how members should think, act, and feel (for example, members must get permission to date, change jobs, marry—or leaders prescribe what types of clothes to wear, where to live, whether or not to have children, how to discipline children, and so forth).

5.    The group is elitist, claiming a special, exalted status for itself, its leader(s) and members (for example, the leader is considered the Messiah, a special being, an avatar—or the group and/or the leader is on a special mission to save humanity).

6.    ‪The group has a polarized us-versus-them mentality, which may cause conflict with the wider society.

7.    ‪The leader is not accountable to any authorities (unlike, for example, teachers, military commanders or ministers, priests, monks, and rabbis of mainstream religious denominations).

8.    The group teaches or implies that its supposedly exalted ends justify whatever means it deems necessary. This may result in members' participating in behaviors or activities they would have considered reprehensible or unethical before joining the group (for example, lying to family or friends, or collecting money for bogus charities).

9.    ‪The leadership induces feelings of shame and/or guilt in order to influence and/or control members. Often, this is done through peer pressure and subtle forms of persuasion.

10. ‪Subservience to the leader or group requires members to cut ties with family and friends, and radically alter the personal goals and activities they had before joining the group.

11. ‪The group is preoccupied with bringing in new members.

12. The group is preoccupied with making money.

13. ‪Members are expected to devote inordinate amounts of time to the group and group-related activities.

14. Members are encouraged or required to live and/or socialize only with other group members.

15. ‪The most loyal members (the “true believers”) feel there can be no life outside the context of the group. They believe there is no other way to be, and often fear reprisals to themselves or others if they leave (or even consider leaving) the group.

Sifter Wrote:It's actually an HONOR to be able to recognize and say out loud that I was duped. Now I can see it for what it is. First hand experience is the best teacher.

S & J... it will never happen that they apologize for anything because they are not capable of experiencing the feelings associated with remorse or guilt. That is the important distinction here.

Therefore we are calling Pest Control.
Thank you, Sifter. :)

Who here has read The True Reality of Sexuality? What is your opinion of it?

[user=1710]Auriga[/user] wrote:
Quote:Who here has read The True Reality of Sexuality? What is your opinion of it?
Reading that kind of stuff messed up and nearly ruined my life. See my post in the introductory forum.

Expansions has put up a new "Forum" on their website.

To enter, you have to register at the "royal blue" level. The other levels of violet, silver and gold after this month will require a fee!

Posts are limited to 120 characters.

SS swore he would never have another forum; but the announcement is it's back by popular demand!

I guess it is the latest strategy to fight fire with fire.

Eurydice Wrote:Expansions has put up a new "Forum" on their website.

To enter, you have to register at the "royal blue" level. The other levels of violet, silver and gold after this month will require a fee!

Posts are limited to 120 characters.

SS swore he would never have another forum; but the announcement is it's back by popular demand!

I guess it is the latest strategy to fight fire with fire.

Popluar demand...LOL...everything is due to "popular demand" according to them..bet it is a right old snooze fest..that you will pay for in the end...

Their forum is set up pretty much like the old one, so I expect it to fail just like the old one.

PurplePebble Wrote:Popular demand...LOL...everything is due to "popular demand" according to them..bet it is a right old snooze fest..that you will pay for in the end...
They will make people feel guilty about themselves if they don't sign up. Quite clever actually in terms of marketing. And lucky for us retail stores and supermarkets have not yet discovered this marketing technique. Next thing you'd see is boys feeling guilty about not buying tampons for themselves, or vegetarians for not buying that T-bone steak, or indeed, a deaf person for not buying that new stereo... It all boils down to the victim mind pattern, I suppose.

Hey looks like our comedian is back. And of course, he is as usual guys~ LMAO~ And thanks for the best compliment you yucky sh*t. Cool  Just watch my videos it'll help you get some rest after 25,000 mile long trips.

Posted on September 6, 2011 by Stewart
Home Again, For A Small While
[Image: listen-icon.png]

I am back home after a 40,000 km/ 25,000 mile jog around the planet, covering several continents. It is good to be home, though I leave again in just 12 days for another trip, albeit a shorter one. Janet did a great job while I was gone and I admire her courage and freedom to expose the vicious attackers who are nothing more than jealous, deranged programmed people who have nothing else to do, since they are totally unproductive misfits in society. We have offered them a way out of their circle of self-destruction, but they choose to continue on in their malevolent and evil ways. They will reap what they sow. Soon. We cannot waste any precious energy on them. They are creating their own demise with their lies and heavy astral connections.

Anyway, the world is going to hell in a handbasket. I have seen that in many countries and it is getting worse. Africa is a beautiful continent with so many resources. I saw that in Ethiopia and Kenya, the Chinese are fully entrenched with building infrastructure and connecting to local governments.

Much of Eritrea, Somalia and Ethiopia are in a drought and one can see that it is just a matter of time until the entire population is destroyed. In Sudan, you can see the bleak conditions. I thought of the thousands of refugees who walked across this region with nothing but the clothes on their backs, or should I say, rags. It is amazing that any of them survived the trek at all. These are brave and determined people.

Dubai is just as strange as ever. They always take away my beard scissors before a flight, then give me a metal knife on board! Hello! Is something wrong with that type of security? Yes!

Singapore and Hong Kong continue to get more “Americanized” with rules and regulations. Very sad to see since these were once places that once were the symbol of wealth and self-determination. Though money is in excess in these locations, so are prices and government impositions.

Taiwan and Japan are literally in a haze. The energy in both countries is very disturbing and has in fact, caused many behavioral problems. Something weird is happening here that is reflected in constant seismic and weather conditions.

BTW, I asked many people in Kenya about Mr. Obama. Without exception, they claim him as their own. It is generally understood there that Obama is Kenyan and was born there, though they do not like to discuss it with foreigners.

I will be writing more in detail about my trip and what I have discovered in this month’s newsletter. http://www.expansions.com/stewart-a-swer...line-news/

It’s getting cold here. Leaves had started to change. Winter is not far away!

" It is your own ego that is feeding the expansions secret government project. "

(06-30-2011, 09:47 AM)yukesam Wrote:
Jacaranda Wrote:5. People are subject to entrapment (isolation from friends, relatives, and the mainstream culture), and their access to information is severely controlled

Yes, and there was even a plan to build an Expansions Camp in Korea - VIP Expansion Club members only! Hold on, a camp? What for? Didnââ¬â¢t the mind fix everything? Why and to what purpose would you need a camp for? Perhaps then, the idea of a camp is making you realize that you are a member of a cult, a UFO religion; that your thoughts, opinions are no longer free; that you have abandoned your own rational thought to please a guru far away.

Oh I almost forgot but even the scumbag need to be treated fairly some times. Ha h ah ha ~

Maybe little misunderstanding here. In Korea, we have English learning program called English camp where students gathered in one place learing English with English speaking natives specially in Summer or Winter vacation. Stewart maybe introduced the Expansions English Camp Korea as Expansions Camp to you and it is totally understandable your point. And Yes I agree that I was very close to hosting those CAMPS right? LOL~ Scary now if you think about it.

But the camp is an idea from my head not Stewart. He actually want to call it Expansions Ranch. And as I recollect those days I can tell you that he got this idea of calling it a Expansions Ranch from his visit to JZ Knight and you know it is a cult.

But I have no doubt he was thinking about the cult camp. And I was stupid and clueless enough to sponsor it.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The Expansions Cult part 2 Richard 179 40,758 12-05-2011, 01:16 PM
Last Post: Octahedron
  The Expansions Cult infrared 1,571 249,334 05-23-2011, 10:15 PM
Last Post: TiMe -2-StOpThEM