Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Colors in my meditation
I am not familiar with with many of the things you guys talk about regarding colors and archetypes and such.  

My meditation is very simple.  The goal of it is to put me in a parasympathetic state as much as possible, the rest, digest, love state.  I repeat the thought " I am a bright sun radiating pure love".  This is the only mantra that has worked for me. And it REALLY WORKS.  When i first developed the technique i had to focus very hard and say the phrase very rapidly to crowd out negative feelings, but i could evendtually get to bliss.  Now as soon as I start I can get right to being relaxed almost immediately, and have started being mindful on what i SEE in my mind.

Initially it was  a purple/blue 3d morphing shape that seemed to have edges and shadows.  Lately I have been putting colors into it by first imagining a field of pure color, sometimes to get the color I will imagine an object that has that color.  Fruits are good.  I will imagine a field of color for few moments for each color of the rainbow, red, orange, yellow, green, blue, purple.  Then after that forced visualization of all the colors, successively, I will relax again and let the morphing blue purple come back, but after I have imagined colors, the morphing form will now have more colors in it.  Some more than others. It's like im introducing the colors into my mind, but the role they play after that is up to the uncontrolled morphing of the minds eye shape.

Im open to comments, criticisms, or insights on what Im doing.  As I said im not familiar with the seemingly elaborate and codified archetypes and systems you guys talk about.  

What the hell am I doing? LOL.

(05-19-2013, 02:17 PM)millipodium Wrote: I am not familiar with with many of the things you guys talk about regarding colors and archetypes and such.  

My meditation is very simple.  The goal of it is to put me in a parasympathetic state as much as possible, the rest, digest, love state.  I repeat the thought " I am a bright sun radiating pure love".  This is the only mantra that has worked for me. And it REALLY WORKS.  When i first developed the technique i had to focus very hard and say the phrase very rapidly to crowd out negative feelings, but i could evendtually get to bliss.  Now as soon as I start I can get right to being relaxed almost immediately, and have started being mindful on what i SEE in my mind.

Initially it was  a purple/blue 3d morphing shape that seemed to have edges and shadows.  Lately I have been putting colors into it by first imagining a field of pure color, sometimes to get the color I will imagine an object that has that color.  Fruits are good.  I will imagine a field of color for few moments for each color of the rainbow, red, orange, yellow, green, blue, purple.  Then after that forced visualization of all the colors, successively, I will relax again and let the morphing blue purple come back, but after I have imagined colors, the morphing form will now have more colors in it.  Some more than others. It's like im introducing the colors into my mind, but the role they play after that is up to the uncontrolled morphing of the minds eye shape.

Im open to comments, criticisms, or insights on what Im doing.  As I said im not familiar with the seemingly elaborate and codified archetypes and systems you guys talk about.  

What the hell am I doing? LOL.

Hi Millipodium

I basically threw all that hyperspace garbage into
the the trash and no longer think about it.

As to what works that is up to you to figure out.

I was reading up on Siddhartha Gautama life from here.
http://buddhism.about.com/od/lifeofthebu...halife.htm

Siddhartha Gautama enligtenment was not a walk in the park especially in his encounters with a Demon Character Mara that did not have his best interest at heart. My understanding of Mara is he or it is either a personified representation of Siddhartha Gautama internal conflicts wtihin himself or his so called delusion or these were very real entities using his past failures and disapointsments to keep him from seeing the greater realities. Its Clear to me before one can achieve enlightenment at least in this reality of shadows, deception and deceit one has to fight a battle with these entities. Mara simply put the question to Siddhartha Gautama and of which Siddhartha gave the correct response or answer to Maras arrogant question and the Veil of his own Illusion were immediately removed revealing the greater reality of which he saw and fully understood but could not even begin to describe to people what enlightenment was like, what he saw or what he knew that people could understand or simply accept because of their own prejudices. In the Buddha even making the attempt to explain the greater reality was like a 2D creature becoming elightened to the existance of a 3D world and his failed attempt in trying to describe this greater reality of 3D to his fellow 2D creatures who can not even begin to understand what it is because they never experiance this 3D world for themselves nor even seen it. So he had to lay the ground work and teach people how to achieve it by their own efforts.

I experiance a similar thing in 1980 which began with a battle with voices mocking and taunting me. I responded with the right answer not because these enities knew whether it was right or wrong because I knew it to be the correct answer because I received a reward of seeing that their was a much greater reality then myself in this reality I exist and this knowledge gave me great joy and brought peace of mind since the voices immediately ceased their harasments. It was so profound I begin telling every body about how this profound experiance changed me in many ways although I am still not perfect yet nor more spiritual then anybody else but it seemed to fix a lot of low self esteem problems with myself. At the time I was caught up in christianity and it seem to have nothing to do with the human or my very small  or low concept of god but is much more then that or much greater reality that can not be possibly explained to other people. I was not in some meditative state like Siddhartha Gautama was under a Bodhi Tree but was standing up with both eyes open and doing battle with these unseen entities or internal conflicts within myself that were tormenting me while I was at my lowest point in life with very low self esteem about myself and for that matter felt not connected to the universe or god depending I viewed that concept god at the time.

Thanks for sharing that sovereign.  Do you mind if I ask what the question was?

I've had some real soul searching moments in my life too.  Breakdowns you might say. Seen myself warts and all and come to peace with it.

And about the colors stuff.  I too instinctively feel that it's not a huge deal.  And to actually argue with someone about the significance of meditation colors or shades of them even, seems to be most unmeditative or peaceful.  But Im still open to debate on all of it.    After the complete brain pattern transformations Ive gone through in life, Im well aware that I have the capacity to be totally wrong.

I was reading online yesterday where Deepak Chopra was saying to just ignore visuals, as they're really not what its all about. But he could be wrong too. He's just a dude.

Thanks for prompting me to read about the Buddha again, sovereign.   Something which occured to me is how the idea of seeking to reduce one's own suffering and basically reject all the materialistic and sensual fleeting pleasures is basically called selfishness when you try to explain it to others caught up in the meat parade/suffering machine.  People are always wantng you to take up their burdens and make their goals into yours, they call it 'sacrifice', and 'ambition', or 'not being a loser'.  But Im more with Beck the recording artist on this one "im a loser baby, so why don't you kill me."