Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
7.9 magnitude Earthquake in Peru kills many
Yet another one...

CANETE, Peru - A massive earthquake hit Peru Wednesday evening and officials reported numerous deaths amid the rubble of collapsed homes and a church as rescuers searched for victims early Thursday.

Estimates of the number killed varied.

Peru's health minister initially said few died in the 7.9-magnitude quake, but the toll later rose to more than 330, the nation's civil defense agency said. Hundreds were injured.

"Unfortunately we have official numbers," Luis Palomino, the head of the agency, told Reuters. On its web site, the agency said 337 people died and 827 were injured.

Emergency workers said the coastal province of Ica south of Lima was the hardest hit region.

One fire department official in the area said at least four people were trapped when the main tower of the Senor de Luren church in the city of Ica was toppled.

Rescuers struggled to move south toward Ica as portions of the Pan-American Highway, an key coastal route, were impassable and thieves assaulted stranded travelers, radio reports said.

"I was with my children when the movement started and then the walls collapsed. My house was destroyed," Milagros Meneses, 35, told Reuters in the city of Canete south of the capital, Lima. "The hospital gave me a tent for my kids to sleep in."

At least two people were killed in Canete.

Office workers ran onto the streets in fear as tall buildings in Lima shook in two waves that lasted around 20 seconds each and cut power lines.

A tsunami warning was issued for Peru, Chile, Ecuador and Colombia and a small tsunami was detected. But it posed no major threat and the warning was later lifted.

CONDOLENCES TO FAMILIES

Peruvian President Alan Garcia sent condolences to the families of the quake's victims and said the country, which has suffered devastating quakes in the past, narrowly escaped a major disaster.

"It fortunately did not cause a catastrophe with an immense number of victims," he said.

Ambulance sirens blared in the darkened capital where store windows shattered and cellular telephone services were cut off. The health ministry declared a disaster and traffic snarled at the international airport.

"I was playing soccer when the quake hit and I had to run back to my office because I am the chief of security. Now I am going to check on my family," said Juan Francisco Acevedo, 29, who works for an Internet company in Lima.

"People here hugging and crying in fear on the streets," said Cristyane Marusiak, a 31-year-old resident.

The U.S. Geological Survey at first said there were two earthquakes within minutes of each other but later amended its reports to show that one quake struck about 90 miles southeast of Lima at a depth of around 25 miles.

It was followed by nine aftershocks ranging in magnitude from 6 to the upper 4s, said Dale Grant, a geophysicist at the USGS's National Earthquake Information Center in Golden, Colorado.

The USGS says earthquakes measuring more than 7 magnitude often result in fatalities. The Andes has many active fault lines.

In 1970, one of the world's deadliest earthquakes killed an estimated 50,000 Peruvians in catastrophic avalanches of ice and mud that buried the city of Yungay.

Peru is a leading minerals producer. But many of its major mines sit far away from the quake zone. Officials at the nearest big mine - the Cerro Lindo copper, lead and zinc mine owned by Milpo - could not be reached for comment.

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/ap/w...58739.html

[Image: 16peru.ms.4.600.jpg]

[Image: 20070815_PERU_MAPv3.jpg]

[Image: 100861-31847.jpg]

Anyone feel this coming?  I experienced surprising, horrible internal stress yesterday leading up to the quake. 

Polly,

Ditto ..and so did the kidlet's mom. She was sooo freaked out (she needs to learn to ground)  as she felt there was something going to happen here.She wanted more orgonite because of this foreboding.It took some doing to get her to calm down. She was also concerned about Costa Rica as they have a place there and are due to go there soon. Hmmm...

Re: Earthquake

Did anyone notice any odd animal behaviors yesterday?

Yes, me.  I was feeling like an odd animal yesterday.

Anyone who is energy sensitive will tell you that this has been a trying week and have no understanding of why? It is a time of the year where summer in the north is beginning to rest, the only way to explain is the bear is half asleep.
On the date of the earthquake the moon was first phase into Virgo, yes an earth sign and also in the last stage of Leo, which is pulling onto the Virgo sun, but when we have such intense Virgo/Leo it creates a great confusion globally, I know personally I have had a need to defend this whole week, but when I think about it, what for? It is just happening but there is reason as always. These two signs in negative motion do give energy of cynical uncertainty and can be a real battle of self.
I can see that the tsunami just did not happen, there was no water energy during this cycle and will not be until the 28th, this would have been the ultimate loss to the people.

Ive felt and am feeling apprehensive now.  Mostly feel it in the pit of me tummy.

Wow you're very accurate Astrojewels. For the majority of this week, I've been feeling much sleepier than usual.

I also felt a thick layer of negativity for the first half of the day when the earthquake happened. I didn't see the connection when I felt it because I was so preoccupied with processing the feelings. They lingered on into the afternoon though the thickness sensation wore off. I still feel very negative right now.

http://forgetomori.com/2007/science/earthlights-on-perus-earthquake/

Earthlights on Peru’s Earthquake?

Following the terrible natural disaster on Peru, which caused hundreds of casualties, some local news agencies are also speaking about reports from locals of flashes of light in the sky both before and after the event.

According to El Comercio from Peru,

“During the night … before and after the stron earthquake, neighbours from the districts of Miraflores, La Molina and Cercado de Lima assured having seen the sky light up because of an unexpected lightning in the middle of the night. Nevertheless, the National Hydrology and Meteorology told El Comercio that it didn’t detect any anomaly in Lima’s skies, and assured that this phenomenon could have been caused by the light of a beacon or some spinning panels that exist in the city”.

Over at MarcianitosVerdes, Luis Ruiz Noguez is receiving and collecting more reports from multiple witnesses who also claim to have seen the lights. Noguez prudently warns that before speculating if the incidents were indeed earthquake lights, the prosaic explanations must be ruled out first.

The video above, posted on Marcianitos, is allegedly of one of the incidents. It was suggested to Noguez, and has been also featured over at this blog, that suggests it’s triboluminescence.

I think the point of light that can be seen in the video along with the flash is from a conventional source (an emergency light), maybe it’s the same point of light that can be seen before the blackout. But the flash of light itself must have been indeed intense, and as there’s no sound along with it, and apparently the local institutions did not report any weather anomaly, it may possibly be the record of an earth light.

For those who don’t know about it, there’s a quick summary about earthlights on Wikipedia. In Spanish, MarcianitosVerdes have in-depth dossiers on the subjects — one of the reasons people looking for more info on Google ended up finding his excellent blog: Las luces de los terremotos. 

Several flashes, including a big one around 40 seconds after the video starts, can be seen over the horizon. Noguez remarks once again that it must be verified if they weren’t explosions from the power transmission lines and transformers.

According to the reports the flashes were not accompanied by any sounds, and some say they originated in the sea. As we all know, light travels a lot faster and farther than sound, so explosions on one place could have been noticed as just lights from far away.

But at first glance, the flashes are so bright that one suspects that if they had conventional causes, then even if the sound was not heard, the causes would be quickly pointed to their origins, as the explosions themselves may have been quite significant, probably injuring or killing people.

There still seems to be much confusion, and the Peruvians need more urgent help and solidarity for their death and injured. Which also doesn’t mean we should ignore the possibility of so many records and reports of what may have been a poorly understood phenomenon associated with earthquakes.

Excellent stuff Rick, 

This has opened a can of worms from what I know... I'm very glad you posted about Earthlights, I was unaware that any such thing was ever documented around the time of sismic activities.  I thoguht about this a while and something occured to me that you may find intresting.

From what I've read and seen on the subject of HAARP technology, it has bcome apparent to me in recent times that when it is used in the mode required to created large scale disruptions including 'weather control', earth quakes or tsunamis, it emits a signature burst of photonic energy at the time it is applied.  Very intense, like a large lightening bolt.  In cases where it may need to be used continually over a short period of time, this 'flash' of light would also be extended equally to the term the energy is being applied.  In other cases whee they may not wish people to see it, they could simply apply the energy in the middle of a bright sunny day which would effectlively mask it.  So if they need to apply it to maximum or prefered effect for a few minutes, then no doubt this bright light would stay on for that period of time whilst all along oscillating to the world's Shuman's frequency of 6-8Hertz in synchronicity with the energy being applied. 

The urls below make indirect mention of this.  I cannot recall exactly which one, but I believe it is covered in more than just one of them.  They are a good view anyway so I best post them all: 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mSBEYs0rjac&NR=1

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HXKD8Nhe6...ted&search=

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pTiiblwwL...ted&search=

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nXfWbEiTL...ted&search=

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hgkeP0Cap...ted&search=

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lExTqblIH...ted&search

Now I've just finished speaking with people I know who have lived in areas on the globe where naturally occuring tremors and quakes are in abundance, and have lived there for decades.  Having experianced most everything from mild day and night tremors to 7 and 8 scale quakes both day and night I asked them if they ever laid witness to any such lights. 

They told me that they did not know what the hell I was talking about.  They had all lived through quakes that occured while they were outdoors on warm to hot summer nights around the Mediteranean Sea.  Numerous of them lived in cities where buildings are NOT allowed to exceed 6-16 stories in height, depending on the city, from the excessive sismic activity in their area.  Keeping in mind that I am refering to areas that have been known for their abundance of sismic activity from thousands of years before Christ. 

So I think it is safe, or at least 'fair enough' for now, to say that I would not doubt that anywhere these Earthlights occur and a supposed natural disaster followed or was in occurance have been areas targeted by the illuminati using their HARRP technology to trigger the event.

Why else would these flashes of light NOT be seen in areas that are of no signifigance to them where the sismic activities are known to be naturally occuring and abundant? 

I think it would pay for others who know of such people living in such naturally unstable areas and who have long lived in them to also ask about these supposed 'lighting' annomolies during such events.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Japan earthquake - 8.9 magnitude Golden Winged SnakeOiLion 30 6,490 03-21-2011, 05:13 AM
Last Post: iqhunk
  7.1 earthquake topples homes, kills 4 in Honduras Breaking News 0 898 05-28-2009, 01:05 PM
Last Post: Breaking News
  3.3-magnitude earthquake rattles northern Israel Richard 0 914 05-25-2008, 10:09 PM
Last Post: Richard
  Earthquake, Tsunami In Indonesia Kills At Least 50 Richard 1 1,314 07-21-2006, 12:01 PM
Last Post: Richard