Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Addiction Programming
Is there such a thing as addiction programming?

Although I'm not answering that directly, may I offer another venue?

http://www.emofree.com/articles.aspx?id=1
You can learn EFT free at youtube.com by typing EFT into the search engine.

Thank you.
I love this because I'm an analytical person and this helps me to see things analytically.

No problem :)

Andrea, my viewpoint is that people incarnate with tendencies towards various addictions.  If such a person is then specifically programmed, alters can be formed which have addictions.  Sometimes these addictions will be activated to cause a person to self-destruct, like with alcohol.  That is an ongoing theme with one of my sisters.  When another one of my sisters quit smoking years ago, she often had dreams of "another person" smoking which I found very interesting.

GB, I learned EFT a few years ago.  It does work on me but it requires persistence, persistence, persistence for deep-rooted issues and there will be sabotage if one has specific programming or other hindrances.  I was not as persistent as I should have been with some issues but I still use it sometimes, like last night.  There are cautions on the site about people who have been ritually abused (my term - I'm not sure what term is used) and there is a session recorded on the site in which Gary, the founder, does an EFT session over the phone with a woman who sounds like she was programmed.  I have not been keeping up with new news about using EFT on people who have been ritually abused even though I am on their mailing list.  Now that EFT has spread wide and far I would expect new developments have occurred.  It is a way to engage the body, mind and emotions at the same time instead of just using the mind.

Their viewpoint is that EFT will help anything if the core issue is found and removed from the subconscious mind, it is not that EFT fails.  The practitioners are constantly coming up with new ways to use it.

For me, it was something to explore since I like to try and use various methods on myself.

These are just my experiences.

Polly, it sounds like you might have better results if you kept up with EFT. But I understand that it's hard to commit when you keep sabotaging yourself.

I have sabotage problems too. But deprogramming didn't help. I end up sabotaging my deprogramming efforts. I tried to deprogram everyday for two years and I'm still giving up half way between my healing sessions and meditations.

The only remaining type of advice to consult is conventional wisdom.

They say that whenever you're starting something, like a new exercise routine, or quiting an addiction, you should live around people who support you. I don't live with anyone who is interested in healing or meditation. I hope it's different in your case.

I was reading "Making a Good Brain Great" by Daniel G. Amen, a clinical neuroscientist, psychiatrist and brain-imaging expert who uses brain scans to help his patients. Because of the book's brain scan diagrams, it led me to believe the sabotaging could just be from the brain. We could lack activity in a certain part that controls drive. If you're interested, I'll try to read for the nutritional supplements (usually with fish oil) that effect appropriate brain activity so we can become more strongly motivated.

You can find a clinic that practices EMDR, which is somewhat a conventional technique.  Using simple eye movements and psychoanalysis, it specifically targets PSTD, trauma, and abuse. EMDR has credibility because clinics use it. In fact, Daniel G. Amen uses EMDR. He is world-renowned and had given professional advice on CNN, the Today show, and the View, to include a few. He is also publishing professional books on neurology and psychology; so he if EMDR is fraud, he is willing to lose his credibility over it.

But when choosing the clinic, you should be certain it is open-minded to ritual abuses. Or you can lie that you belonged to a cult and the members ritually abused you. Otherwise, they'll dismiss you because EMDR is not an eastern/new-age alternative technique and they're scientifically serious about their work. I'm not saying that eastern techniques don't work, because EFT does work as we can both agree on that - but scientists follow a dogma.

Here's a short quote about EMDR from Wikipedia:

"Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing (EMDR) is a psychotherapeutic approach developed by Francine Shapiro[1] to resolve symptoms resulting from exposure to a traumatic or distressing event, such as rape. Clinical trials have demonstrated EMDR's efficacy in the treatment of post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD). "
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/EMDR

I had recently emailed the Amen Clinic and suggested they combined EMDR (eye movements) with EFT (acupressure and affirmations). But I don't know if that letter will get thru to a qualified staff.

By the way, Polly, I need some things clarified. I hope you don't mind: What were the cautions of ritually abused people? Were they from the official EFT website? The recording of Gary and the abused ritual victim - what happened in it?

Hey GB, the caution at the official EFT website was that ritually abused people (my term, again) might experience worsening of problems when using EFT.  The woman who did a session on the phone with Gary was thrilled with the results of that particular session.  It was very interesting and it's over a few years old.  I have no idea what is going on with her since.

I might be able to find the link to that session if I take the time to hunt.  I will let you know if I do.

GB,

I  experienced EMDR several years ago, before I was aware of the intricacies of programming. In looking back I can clearly see the firewalls that we came up against. Today I may know how to breech them. The EFT as an aid in addressing the trauma sounds like a good idea.

Addiction programming is very real, yet rarely talked about; it was first ‘mass’ introduced in the first and second world wars through the many young naive men who went to war with patriotism in their blood.

It was passed genetically from there, and addictive programming is genetic, having an addictive nature is not only associated to drugs and alcohol it can be to emotions and fears. Each generation surfaces a ‘new’ source of dependence and modern technology has allowed the energy of this programming to be global without difficulty.

It was the offspring of these soldiers that carried the energy, so those born from the 1930’s to early 1950’s had offspring that created the ‘generation of alcoholics’ but was mostly hidden in the suburbs and not talked about, secrets, spying and classified. Then the offspring of those parents structured the combination of alcohol, drugs and emotional addiction, fear and openness.  We the current parents,[/i] of the world have offspring of attachment, children that talk about everything, nothing is hidden or secret and emotions are extensively deep and exaggerated, and not taking responsibility.  

If you want to understand your own genetic addictive programming, you must begin with the parent that you do not get along with, yes you are two magnets and genetic programming is the most difficult of all to conquer, and it often goes from mother to son, and father to daughter. You can also genetically inherit programming from grandparents, aunts and uncles.

addictions are used as external controls which create a mind pattern of dependence making you easier to control.
If your talking about drug addiction in particular i find that even people with rich healthy minds sometimes abuse drugs not so much to "escape" but simply because of the "high", they seek a higher plane of thinking.I personally feel that all is good in moderation and there is a proper way to use drugs...they can offer certain kinds of explorations and expansions...Im known to hit the hashish pipe once and a while.... but dont think for a second that those "highs" come from a pipe they come from a state of mind and ultimately you want to be getting high off of your connection to the silvery...