Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Australian 'crocodile hunter' Steve Irwin killed by stingray
by Marc Lavine Mon Sep 4, 3:19 AM ET

SYDNEY (AFP) - World-renowned Australian "crocodile hunter" and television environmentalist Steve Irwin has been killed by a stingray on the famed Great Barrier Reef, police said. 

The iconic Irwin, 44, known for his enthusiastic handling of even the deadliest of wildlife, was killed when a stingray barb punctured his chest during the filming of an underwater documentary off the coast of the northeastern Australian state of Queensland.

"It is believed that Mr Irwin collapsed after being stung by a stingray at Batt Reef off Port Douglas at about 11:00 am (0100 GMT). He had been filming a documentary," a statement from the Queensland Police Service said.

"After being stung by a stingray, his crew called for medical treatment and the Queensland medical helicopter responded, however Mr Irwin had died," the statement added.

Stingrays have several sharp and highly toxic barbs on their tails that they use to defend themselves when they feel threatened.

"(They) are also like a bayonet, like a bayonet on a rifle," Australian wildlife filmmaker David Ireland said. "If it hits any vital organs it's as deadly as a bayonet."

Ambulance service officials said Irwin had suffered a puncture wound to the left side of his chest and he was immediately pronounced dead.

Police said the larger-than-life Irwin's family had been informed of his death. Irwin was married to US-born Terri Irwin and the couple had two children aged eight and three. Irwin's widow was informed of his death while hiking in Tasmania, police said.

The garrulous animal-lover's rallying cry of "crikey" when faced with a crocodile, snake or ferocious-looking spider, made him an Australian icon across the world.

His "Crocodile Hunter" show, in which the tousle-haired adventurer appeared in his trademark khaki shorts and shirt, was first broadcast in 1992 and has been shown around the world on the Discovery cable network ever since.

His outspoken persona became so popular that he won a cameo role in a Hollywood movie, "Dr Dolittle 2," starring US comic actor Eddie Murphy.

Irwin, who was born in the southern Australian city of Melbourne, was raised in Queensland by parents who owned small reptile park that he would eventually take over.

The young Irwin became a crocodile trapper, ridding residential areas of their reptilian threats for a fee.

Irwin's fearless approach to the animal kingdom however provoked international outrage when he involved his infant son in one of his death-defying antics.

In early 2004, he fed a four-metre (13-foot) crocodile with one hand while clutching his baby son Bob in the other during a show at his Australia Zoo reptile park on the Sunshine Coast of Queensland state.

But Irwin was unrepentant when confronted about the incident in an interview. "What I would do differently is I would make sure there were no cameras around," he said.

"I will continue to educate my children and the children of the world so they don't go into the water with crocs."

Australia immediately mourned the loss of one of its best-known sons, with shocked radio listeners and television viewers calling in to express their grief and disbelief.

Foreign Minister Alexander Downer, who used a photograph of his family at Irwin's zoo on his official Christmas card last year, praised Irwin, who has appeared in public service announcements and worldwide events aimed at promoting Australian tourism.

"The minister knew him, was fond of him and was very, very appreciative of all the work he'd done to promote Australia overseas," a spokesman said.

And Queensland's Tourism Minister Margaret Keech summed up Australia's reaction to Irwin's sudden death.

"He's done so much for Australia and he'll be missed by the entire world," she told Sky television.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/20060904/wl_...inwildlife

Steve Irwin Killed in a ‘freak accident’ on the Great Barrier Reef. On Monday. 4th September at 11 am. As the reports wrote. (4.9-11) it is not my doubt I want to discuss, it is the whole essence of this man.

For anyone that thinks life can not be changed by one person, then Steve Irwin can prove that theory totally wrong. This was a man who was brave enough to take on government, environmental groups and the wildlife system.

The croc hunter was larger than life, his dedication to the world as a ‘whole’ structured an empire. His attitude was always “Crikey, I’m just a normal bloke”, and he was. He had celebrity status, billions of dollars, a business employing more than 500 people, and those employees tell of his caring nature, how he would ask individually how they are doing, and were they happy within his big family.

He never preached God or religion, his money never influenced his ego, he was never seen in an Armani suit or jewels, and his positive mind-pattern established no boundaries. His love for preserving the environment changed the views of the world toward animals, plants and humans, and the importance of respect and unity.  

He battled bureaucracy; he had mud thrown at him, but always conquered adversity. Even those who disagreed with his boisterous attitude show great respect to the man who was an ambassador to all humanity. It is a sad time, and a big loss. We should all take a moment to thank him for his selfless life; it is the influence of people like Steve who have established our consciousness to transform.

Australia mourns a great bloke.

Hear hear! icon_prost , Astrojewels.

He was a favorite of mine and I, for one, will greatly miss him. :crybaby:

Aparently the stingray reaction was out of character for that species in that situation, which bodes the question: what got to it?  ELF???  Perhaps this was an assasination in disguise?  I wouldn't be surprised.

Nice eulogy Astrojewels. :)

Well said Astrojewels, we will all miss Steve. He was a great man. icon_yes

Monica, I agree that it seems like it might have been murder. :think:

Sometimes, don't ya wish that the pretzel followed through with its assassination attempt?

j/k....i hope you got that one...and i know its bad we shouldn't wish that someone died in a certain way--reptilain or not.

I also wonder about this being a murder==what does 44 mean(that was his age at death?). They said he was punctured in the left side of the chest..well I don't know how deeply the sting was or where it was on the left side but thats where the heart is...and of course the left lung...

I like what Astrojewels wrote about Steve Irwin as well. That was funny about saying he is a great bloke. I watched some of his shows but not all of 'em. They were interesting. From what I learned on this thread is that Steve is a person to look up to...he was mild and humble and showed no signs of ego and he fought for the environment!!!

peace

I really do not want to focus on how he died, because it will just manifest us all to be dragged into that energy. It is very rare that the gentle giants of the sea hurt people, although there tails have incredible strength with many barbs of poisonous venom, and it is was all filmed, imagine that, no doubt!  Every now and again certain individuals come along to change the way the world thinks, and their death should create us to reflect on the good that they achieved. Lady Dianna and Bruce lee are a couple more that come to mind, all have suspicious circumstances to their death. I prefer to look at the purpose of the individual, the reflection of the energy that they resonated. We can produce theories, and I am sure we are all correct in our first analysis of this situation. But if we keep his intention as part of our own mind-pattern it will remain and flow.

Attached Files Image(s)

I think it is great to honor someone you believe was a good person, but I still see that this event was a ritualistic message.  His death at age 44 seems to imply the division of (8) infinity/Oversoul to promote a double-level matrix activation (physical/mental).

His name: Steve = 9 and Irwin = 10.  9+10 = 19 - Monther of Darkness and ritual frequency.  I realise he may also have a middle name, but this is the frequency that was promoted to the public.

Also, he was evidently a very programmed person, so who programmed him, why, what for, and what was the purpose of his demise?  I am sure he could have been a wonderful person, but I really do not know enough about him as a person to comment.  However, if he was involved in lobbying and working 'against' certain government restrictions, then he could have been used as an Icon to manipulate people into having certain opinions on these issues (i.e. a false 'saviour').  Whether he was aware of his role or not, I don't know.  But it is possible.  In any case, he ended his life as a victim of sacrifice, though I'm sure he will also be remembered by many for his bravery.

Lastly, his reptile connections showed him as the caretaker/victor over these energies.  i.e. by looking after his park Australia Zoo, and with his encounters with wild animals, he was always the superior intelligence. 

The stingray spike in the heart means that reptilian frequencies that have been laying dormant and hidden, are about to lash out and rip open the human energy emotions, with powers unforeseen, thus detroying a humanistic-based civilisation, and replacing it with Illuminati/Reptilian dominance.

Sting = a weapon that pieces and injects poison (flora and fauna); the pain/wound caused by a sting; an activation; to rob/cheat (slang).

Ray = 'Celestial' energy/Sun God - corresponding to Ra in ancient Egypt; associated with the Eye of Horus, the sign used on the illuminati Pyramid; a ray of light = salvation?  The Second Coming.

So, a sting ray means: a weapon that penetrates and activates a wound by injecting poison, to promote the Power of the Eye of Horus, which is symbolised by the Second Coming.

There is a strong sexual energy here.  The weapon that penetrates (sting) is a phallic symbol, that activates the wound (vaginal energy/vortex).  Because it was his heart (emotions and left side = mother/female/physical) it shows that Earthly life as we know it, and our belief systems (mother imprinting) are about to be torn apart.  The 'injection of a poison' means the male ejaculation.  (Now, I am not sure whether this ray had poison, but the word sting has these properties, and thus it is symbolic). 

This signifies the rape of the world.  Rather like the catalyst for the 'Virgin' birth.  The Second Coming is a sexual reference to orgasm/manifestation of an idea.  The Ray shows the 'divine' nature of the Illuminati (literally illuminated by a ray of celestial thought), and the focus of their power.

It is a global End Times trigger and ritual.  Twinning relates to beginnings/endings - as do his name frequencies (9= end of a cycle + 10 = new beginnings).  The attack was so sudden and unexpected, which is exactly what the NWO are about to do.

This is your warning.  The NWO is ready to ride, and protection is imperative, as all imposters will be seen as easy prey.

(Sorry for the negative statements.  But, I believe it is more important to know the truth of what's happening at this time.)

Nice post Monica and others.   Ive been feeling like somethings happening. .......... I use to sit and watch Steve Irwin with the guys, "Crikey"........