Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Avoid Drinking Distilled Water
From what I've read if you only drink a few glasses a day it's fine. It's when you drink more than that you start flushing calcium and other minerals out of your body.

As far as I know distilled water doesn't leach stainless steel.

I know what you mean about the hardened residue. I have a living water distiller and I quit using it because I got tired of cleaning it all the time.

Richard Wrote:From what I've read if you only drink a few glasses a day it's fine. It's when you drink more than that you start flushing calcium and other minerals out of your body.

As far as I know distilled water doesn't leach stainless steel.

I know what you mean about the hardened residue. I have a living water distiller and I quit using it because I got tired of cleaning it all the time.
As far as cleaning it I don't have to scrub it. Just have to leave the fan unit which houses the cooling duct or coil unit for the distillation process off this time from completely sealing the boiling chamber during normal distillation. I fill the boiling chamber with four liters of hot water and add something like two tablespoons of Citric Acid Monohydrate and bring the boiling chamber to a full boil and like magic the Hardened residue disappears no elbow grease scrubbing required. After it cool you just rinse it out with regular tap water and it is just like new. Citric Acid Monohydrate is sold at places that sell these water distillers like Amazon . com

I don't usually drink water especially not the fluoridated tap water but maybe once a day if I get in the habit I will drink the Distilled water. I usually drink orange juice like SunnyD maybe not good for me but I like it. I use to drink lots of Soft Drinks but got off it due to people warning me constantly that it is bad for you due to high Sodium Content and what ever other poisons they put in their that would kill a mouse.

They don't seem to give us many options of drinking and eating healthy anymore most of the food and drink out there probably has FDA approved poisons they know is not good for you but the body tells you differently but by the time you start listening it is a bit to late the damage is done.

I never tried Citric Acid Monohydrate. On mine I soaked the boiler in vinegar until the lime was soft and then I would use a brush to brush it out.

Luckily I like water and that's what I mostly drink. I also drink some coffee, tea, and tart cherry juice for my arthritis.

One of the worst pieces of health advise from Swerdlows is drinking distilled water.
Dr. Mercola's website has very good research on all aspects of drinking water.

He also has new very reasonably priced water filtration systems for the home.

http://www.mercola.com/article/water.htm

http://waterfilters.mercola.com/

This guy Dr. Mercola is selling something just like the Swerdlows are. So why is he different? Because he has a "Dr" in front of his name?

He's wrong about getting minerals from water since the minerals found in water are inorganic that come from ores and rocks, etc. Your body can't assimilate them. The type of minerals your body requires are from food sources like fruits and vegetables.

Auriga Wrote:This guy Dr. Mercola is selling something just like the Swerdlows are. So why is he different? Because he has a "Dr" in front of his name?
:?Err...that is a starting place; many people hooked on SS's information and damaged by it cast aside other credible information while under "the spell".

Comparing the two is like comparing plastic oranges to real organic apples.

No one has all the answers; but Dr. Mercola as least provides free links to good verifiable quality research. I have been very satisfied with the products that I have purchased from his company.  The one time that I had an quality issue, his customer service dept. was prompt, courteous and efficient with providing a full refund and/or replacement.

Below is a link I found on his site a public advocacy and activist group, Environmental Working Group.  They have collected much data on the issues on a wide range of environmental issues including water: contaminants , public supplies, ratings, filtration systems, action groups, annual lists of the best and worst of bottled water, city water utilites, etc.

http://www.ewg.org/

I agree with you Eurydice, I know the damage that drinking only distilled water did to my body. I was sick for a very long time, could not get the mineral count up in my body no matter how many supplements I took. I had so many problems with pain, brain function, cramps, hormone imbalance. Finally, after 9 years of distilled water, which Swerdlow advised me to drink, I went back to spring water.
Swerdlow feels that distilled is the cleanest water. That is not incorrect, but it is also dead water. He advised that if you drink spring water you absorb too much radon into your body. Once I started to think about it, I realized that radon is a gas that rises and evaporates, so if you leave your water open for a bit, any radon (if there is any) would just evaporate out.
I was advised by 3 different doctors to stop drinking distilled water, but I didn't listen. I was convinced that Swerdlow was correct. My mistake. As a matter of fact, I don't think there was a single thing that Swerdlow told me to take for my health that helped me.
I was so sick that I searched for another doctor, he figured out what was going on, added amazing supplements to my diet, got me off the distilled water.
I am now taking a wonderful mineral supplement plus drinking either reverse osmosis water or spring water. My health has returned.
What was happening was that the distilled water was leaching out everything I put into my body, all the minerals, etc. What a waste of time and money.
Once I got off the distilled water, my body began to absorb what I needed and my health returned.
Of course, I did other therapies also, but I do think a huge part of it was getting off the distilled water.
I have a friend who was suffering tremendous leg cramps, she could not get enough minerals into her body, she was taking huge amounts of potassium each day just to stop the pain. She was a huge distilled water drinker also. Once she stopped drinking it, her cramps left her.
Distilled water is great for irons, not for humans, IMO.

[user=1732]barefootrevolution[/user] wrote:
Quote:I agree with you Eurydice, I know the damage that drinking only distilled water did to my body. I was sick for a very long time, could not get the mineral count up in my body no matter how many supplements I took. I had so many problems with pain, brain function, cramps, hormone imbalance. Finally, after 9 years of distilled water, which Swerdlow advised me to drink, I went back to spring water.
Swerdlow feels that distilled is the cleanest water. That is not incorrect, but it is also dead water. He advised that if you drink spring water you absorb too much radon into your body. Once I started to think about it, I realized that radon is a gas that rises and evaporates, so if you leave your water open for a bit, any radon (if there is any) would just evaporate out.
I was advised by 3 different doctors to stop drinking distilled water, but I didn't listen. I was convinced that Swerdlow was correct. My mistake. As a matter of fact, I don't think there was a single thing that Swerdlow told me to take for my health that helped me.
I was so sick that I searched for another doctor, he figured out what was going on, added amazing supplements to my diet, got me off the distilled water.
I am now taking a wonderful mineral supplement plus drinking either reverse osmosis water or spring water. My health has returned.
What was happening was that the distilled water was leaching out everything I put into my body, all the minerals, etc. What a waste of time and money.
Once I got off the distilled water, my body began to absorb what I needed and my health returned.
Of course, I did other therapies also, but I do think a huge part of it was getting off the distilled water.
I have a friend who was suffering tremendous leg cramps, she could not get enough minerals into her body, she was taking huge amounts of potassium each day just to stop the pain. She was a huge distilled water drinker also. Once she stopped drinking it, her cramps left her.
Distilled water is great for irons, not for humans, IMO.
What mineral supplements are you taking? I got a distiller as well a year or two back and am thinking about not drinking it at this point, or at least mixing the distilled water with tap water 50-50.

Any mineral supplement will help (usually comes in liquid form) found at any good health food store.  Or see the links to Dr. Mercola's site for his supplements, even if you don't buy his brand, he gives you a lot of information about what to look for in any such supplement.   I for one think his products are good.  And from my research filtered water is would be better. 

The point of this discussion though is to do your own research.  Again Dr. Mercola's site has lot of information that can help  you to decide for yourself

Plain tap water we all know depending on where you are has toxic contaminents, especially fluoride.  The www.ewg.org site lets you look up your area and your water supply and gives you a detailed report.  They also have a large section on how to choose the best water filter for your needs.  They are a public info site only and do not sell products.

It is known that the distilling process concentrates toxins that it distilling from the containers used to alarming levels.  I used distilled water for 5 years and I also experienced symptoms similar to what BFR describes.

I don't know what BFR took but I always felt Trace Minerals Research made high quality products.

http://www.vitacost.com/productResults.a...49+2008483&Ne=1&Ns=P_SoldQuantity|1

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The 5 Benefits Of Drinking Alkaline Water Breaking News 1 1,412 09-08-2018, 05:54 AM
Last Post: Tiana
  Distilled water beneficial in the short run SilverInfinity 13 3,650 10-16-2009, 11:00 PM
Last Post: Richard
  Questions: Himalayan salt, distilled water, and survival food? ShadowRunner 17 6,395 03-17-2008, 12:58 AM
  Chicken Dies Drinking Bottled Water in China Richard 0 1,120 09-12-2007, 01:31 PM
  Claims that Distilled Water is Dangerous Get Boldened 12 4,864 01-30-2007, 06:33 PM