Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Death and Dying
I don’t see that all deaths are suicide, you both may have to clarify what you exactly mean?  

The reason I asked Craig about your grandparents is so many people regret not doing certain things with people they loved, and once they are gone its too late, I make sure people know how I feel about them, because the mourning process involves so much of “I wish I”.

Funerals are very disturbing and I have told my children if they put me in a hole I am going to haunt them for eternity, and no black funeral clothes are permitted!

Sorry MN, just seen your post, yes I agree it’s a topic that people just find to hard to talk about, do you think its because it is our only guarantee in life? and again we have so many things in common even with the thoughts on goodbye!

i see them all as suicides because there is something that could change whether you live or die, give up or stay alive kinda.

I belive that humans have the potential to achieve a state of physical immortality and therefore all deaths are suicides....depends on what you believe. 

William Wrote:I think about death and dying all the time it seems. Sometimes it does not bother me. Other times it does. Not all deaths would be suicide because some people do enjoy living and what they are doing and they want it to continue.
Yes, life in general could be a slow suicide, but that is just perspective.
Does a caterpeller commit suicide to become a butterfly?
Metamorphasis is not death (suicide) but complete physical transformation.  Death is also transformation but not of the physical body which in effect ceases to exist.  

the act or an instance of taking one's own life voluntarily and intentionally especially by a person of years of discretion and of sound mind.

I kinda know what your saying craig. But we are our soul and not this body...

I have to say that I am not with it either on these thoughts.

They say that you die the way you lived! And this is true in so many cases, people actually say ‘they had a good death’ which is painless.

Does anyone believe that you will yourself to death? One person I lost many years ago always said he had cancer growing inside and he used to say to me “you better love me while you can, cause I aint gonna be here forever” and this person had more complaints than the women’s hospital! He would constantly ask the doctor to do tests but they always come up negative, and in the end he did get cancer and he said “I told you so” so did he foresee it or did he will it on himself?

Quote:so did he foresee it or did he will it on himself?
  A bit of both  as I see it AJ.

yea a bit of both.. maybe 70/30 willing it on himself, i dont know him

Astrojewels Wrote:I have to say that I am not with it either on these thoughts.

Does anyone believe that you will yourself to death?

I do think that people will themselves to death.  I knew of a lady who claimed that she was very ill yet the doctors could not find anything wrong with her.  They did test after test and could not find anything.  This lady did eventually die.  Prior to her falling ill she beilived that she would soon leave the planet and told everybody about this.  She even had a party in preperation for her departure. 

I believe that we should believe in all possibilities - even physical immortality. 

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  On death and dying Astrojewels 13 2,706 11-23-2009, 03:20 PM
Last Post: Astrojewels