Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
On death and dying
Life challenges us constantly, and if you are on a spiritual path, it becomes common ground to ‘build a bridge’ move on and become a little more wise than before, there is only one guarantee in reality; sometime, somewhere, somehow we are going to die; however it is a topic that people just avoid discussing.

We also connect with people on different levels of emotions, you have family, friends and then there is your soul family, people that you usually meet by unusual circumstances and the energetic connection has no words to describe the love that you feel for the core of that person.

However when someone from your soul family departs this physical world, part of your dynamics leaves with them, and your life must take a new direction because you just can not follow the same path without them, they may be here in spirit and you feel them, dream of them, but they are not here physically, part of your internal essence is also gone.

We so often talk about our body being the vehicle for our soul, but our physical body provides us with so much more than just a vehicle, it allows us to construct a ‘car park’ of collective energy. For some purpose unbeknown to me, I have had two weeks of death and loss, but only one that belonged to my soul family.

Besides my ranting, as per usual, my question is ‘when we endure loss, why does everyone avoid talking about that person’?

Is this mind control, because if you keep your mind busy your thoughts are elsewhere? But why should we force our minds to do such a thing? 

I don't know about other people, but in my family, we all still talk about my mom and sister. They are not forgotten and we can laugh and remember things about them without crying.

I always picture you with a healthy attitude, DT...:)

Same here DT. We talk about our passed on relatives all the time and laugh and cry alot.

Not always...
icon_glaskugel

I don’t mean later on, I am referring to when it happens, when the person first passes.

Oh . Yes we talk about it in my family and most of my friends do as well.

Is there a particular situation you are referring to AJ or just in general?

Yes MN, I was talking with the mother of our friend that passed and I am very concerned for her, I asked did she have many friends to comfort her, she said people are very generous etc, but she also said no one will talk about him and each time she begins talking about him they change the subject and she said to me “that doesn’t help me does it Karen”? People are uncomfortable talking about loss or just asking how you are, this event has made me realize that people in ‘general’ are lost with words.

I didn't know him very well or I would pick up the phone and call her. I'll  mention this to  our mutual friend and see if she feels to call his mother. She knew him very well.

I think ,in truth AJ, that people are just terrified of death and somehow not talking about it means it doesn't happen.Denial.
Also ,I think people are uncomfortable about the other person getting upset.

That could help and Yes I agree denial is a weapon of defense, it is a uncomfortable situation and I have to be honest, I call her all the time to support her, but I think I make matters worse somehow because hearing her voice break constantly makes me cry and then we are both crying, I feel her pain so intensely and it is difficult. However her pain outreaches mine, therefore I have to be there for her the only way I know.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Death and Dying Astrojewels 28 4,393 05-15-2010, 11:48 PM
Last Post: Diogenes