Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Does anyone else sometimes dislike it when Janet S operates the exp Q/A?
I mean no offense towards any of the Swerdlows..

Sometimes when Janet operates the Q/A, I see no realistic answers given. I think I once asked something about an animal species, it turned up with her reply about needing to go into the frequency of that animal. Whereas Stewart would've told me the clear answer.

But of course, this all could just be faulty perception on my part. Oh well

I find the opposite to be true.  I generally find Janet's responses to be more well thought out, whereas  Stewart's answers sometimes seem to me to be more careless and incomplete.  That is why I enjoy reading Janet's responses more.  I'm not complaining though.  It's a free service they provide and for that, I am grateful.  As for accuracy, I think each person has to use their own discernment and experience to determine what is accurate.

I think you are expecting too much from the Q&A section. It is primary function is to serve as a kind of advertisment and promote Stewart and Janet work/services so that eventually people would buy books, tapes and consultations.
It is a usual thing used in business and by mayor companies and private entrepreneurs from ancient times, and especially by politicians and religious leaders. :D

Well said Sariel.:D

I find that whatever is written in the QA Seems to be relevant to what I am needing to know, I feel Janets responses make a difference in 'tone' of writing style other than expecting to see Stewart writing all the time.

I just remembered an example of what I mean.  I often read the Q. & A. for the same reasons some regularly read a newspaper, to stay current.  Many times Stewart has recommended that people use "organic baking soda" for healthy white teeth.  For the longest, I was wondering, "Organic baking soda???  What is that??" 

Recently, Janet was answering questions and recommended "aluminum free baking soda".  She even suggested the person Google "aluminum free baking soda" to locate it.  I did so, and much to my surprise discovered that conventional baking soda, like conventional baking powder, contains aluminum.  Wow.  Baking soda is something I use a lot for many purposes including homemade tooth powder so this is good to know.

BTW Sariel, I agree, very well said.

Straight baking soda is 100X better than toothpaste

SV,

It's the baking powder that usually has the aluminum added to it. It's  added to prevent clumping.   Even Arm and Hammer Baking Soda has no aluminum added to it.Any organic claim would have to be from chemical analysis of the mine from which it is taken. Then there is the way in which it is processed to be considered as well.

I prefer organic too, not just aluminum free.

Now, even my friend told me that my post looked kind cynical, it was not my intention to look that way. Question and Answer section still could be a very helpful service, and quite much better than adversary we see everyday on the media and streets.

The Q&A contains a lot of information even if it is to encourage people to buy their products. Personally I feel if a person just wants the general gist of what's going on, they should just read the news section & the Q&A.