Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Happy Holidays Everyone
Happy holidays everyone. Wishing all the happiest of holidays. icon_3santa

[Image: 3560.gif]

icon_party

icon_prost 

icon_cold Never seen so much cold and snow during winter holidays in my life.

You're going to have to get use to it or move to a warmer climate. A lot of experts are predicting that we're entering a mini ice age.

the predictions seem to be correct, since 2006 we have each year a much colder winter with much more snow.

Thus far this winter is nothing compared to the winters of the late 1970's in this area.

Mercy Now Wrote:Thus far this winter is nothing compared to the winters of the late 1970's in this area.
That's true for here too. In the 70's we got a lot more snow than we do now. So far this year we've been lucky around here not getting much snow yet. I only had to snow blow twice this year so far. So around here we have gotten less snow than the 70's but I think it has been colder than the 70's.

Yes ,There was much ,much more snow and ice. I think it was colder then. I recall  there were days if you had to spend much time outside you had to keep blinking to prevent your eyes from freezing. I haven't been following the current temps where you are though.

http://www.isws.illinois.edu/pubdoc/RI/ISWSRI-88.pdf

ditto. Happy holidays to all. icon_3santa

Richard Wrote:Happy holidays everyone. Wishing all the happiest of holidays. icon_3santa

[Image: 3560.gif]
"This is life, boy, something we can't fight." - Keith Richard's mother.

"The way up is the way back." - Heraclitus

"Adieu, dit le renard. Voici mon secret. Il est très simple: On ne voit bien qu'avec le cœur. L'essentiel est invisible pour les yeux." - Le Petit Prince, chap. XXI

Same here. It was worse in the 70s. Colder and more snow. I remember the heavy snowing starting in early November. First snow regularly in Sept.. Of course during a cold summer also earlier.

They just didn't whine about every snow flake like the do now , especially in Europe. Why they can't shovel that snow here is beyond me.

Richard Wrote:
Mercy Now Wrote:Thus far this winter is nothing compared to the winters of the late 1970's in this area.
That's true for here too. In the 70's we got a lot more snow than we do now. So far this year we've been lucky around here not getting much snow yet. I only had to snow blow twice this year so far. So around here we have gotten less snow than the 70's but I think it has been colder than the 70's.
"This is life, boy, something we can't fight." - Keith Richard's mother.

"The way up is the way back." - Heraclitus

"Adieu, dit le renard. Voici mon secret. Il est très simple: On ne voit bien qu'avec le cœur. L'essentiel est invisible pour les yeux." - Le Petit Prince, chap. XXI

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Happy Holidays Everyone Richard 8 1,581 12-28-2013, 11:15 PM
Last Post: Richard
  Happy Holidays Everyone Richard 3 4,972 01-02-2012, 10:33 AM
Last Post: Octahedron
  Happy Holidays Everyone Richard 9 2,456 12-26-2009, 08:49 PM
Last Post: DreamTime
  Happy Holidays! Richard 8 2,382 01-19-2007, 09:57 PM
Last Post: William