Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How the city hurts your brain!
I like it when scientists agree with what we already know…

http://www.boston.com/bostonglobe/ideas/...our_brain/

"When a city park has a larger variety of trees, subjects that spend time in the park score higher on various measures of psychological well-being, at least when compared with less biodiverse parks."

Interesting. Okay I'm going to look at some nature on youtube since it saids a picture of urban life may even have an effect. :)

"When a city park has a larger variety of trees, subjects that spend time in the park score higher on various measures of psychological well-being, at least when compared with less biodiverse parks."

Interesting. Okay I'm going to look at some nature on youtube since it saids a picture of urban life may even have an effect. :)

I don’t know if it will provide the same affect SI, it will be interesting for you to tell us how you feel after your virtual voyage with nature.

I don’t know if it will provide the same affect SI, it will be interesting for you to tell us how you feel after your virtual voyage with nature.

They've done studies showing that visualizing yourself exercising has the same effect as doing it physically. So maybe visualizing yourself in the country would have the same effect as being there. A video seems like it would be a good aide.

They've done studies showing that visualizing yourself exercising has the same effect as doing it physically. So maybe visualizing yourself in the country would have the same effect as being there. A video seems like it would be a good aide.

I think it would be a good 'aide' Richard but not the same, because when you are actually within nature, the whole frequency of the forest can not be simulated through any technology, I just know how I feel when I go to the city, it completely drains me, just all of the intense ego energy and rushing, everyone is entirely in the zone of self.

I think it would be a good 'aide' Richard but not the same, because when you are actually within nature, the whole frequency of the forest can not be simulated through any technology, I just know how I feel when I go to the city, it completely drains me, just all of the intense ego energy and rushing, everyone is entirely in the zone of self.

I don't believe in frequency's effect on the general public. I think a lot of people do not have psychic abilities, any more than emphatic abilities, so they cannot tune into the frequency of the forest. Say if you are a theme park, and it looks like a forest, and it smells like a forest, then you will enjoy it like the forest. In this case, we physiologically react to the seemingly real forest.

And I can "tune" into the frequency of a forest. So can a lot of people. So can actors. That's how they act out what's in their imagination and the audience would follow along In this case, we react to the forest in our imaginations. The stronger our memory of the forest, the better.

We have physiological and imaginative reflexes wired into our brains, eyes, and olfactory glands.

My claim wasn't that you get the complete benefit of looking at a picture or dynamic video of nature. Conversely, the article says that showing a photo of urban can trigger some stress, not the same stress as if you are in the city.