Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
October 31st
So what do you do on October 31st? anyone ?

We used to forbid our kids from tick or treating. We would just make it a fun family night with candy and games and dress/make-up, or a few friends. Now that they are older they want to go out and trick or treat so I (my husband) usually takes them out. My oldest is 12 and he wants to go with his friends,Im a little leary about that.

But ME, I usually wait for the candy to get home so I can snack. But I do realy miss our family nights on Oct. 31. I guess I've gotta let my boys grow though.  As Khalil Gibron says "your children are not your children......"

This is my least favorite day of the year. I will be glad when the energies of this week have past. Stay protected!

Im trying to complete at least 5 songs for a radio show. I stay home and just do a chat with the radio show of all Halloween songs. My songs are kind of scifi-ish and love sick romantic kinda songs.

This year, I will be playing a part in a reenactment of the descent of Inanna (the original resurrection story) and then passing out eyeballs to trick-or-treaters. I also make a pumpkin fairy house instead of a scary face. The little boys love the eyeballs and the little girls love the fairy house. Kids that are too old get leftover peeps from Easter.

It has been a very intense week, energy wise, I am thankful we do not celebrate Halloween here in oz, but there are places that will make it a theme and being on a Saturday surely will make it more popular this year, over here it is spring carnival, it is the biggest week on the horse racing calendar, we get a holiday for a horse race, can you believe it?

I love Halloween and Bonfire night but don't know why! I've got my pumpkin carved and I'm off out Saturday to a new nightclub!

We don't do anything on Halloween. Haven't really since my girls were little. Just another day for us.

It has been an intense  week and isn't over yet. I didn't know Oz didn't observe Halloween. I wish the states didn't though I used to love seeing the little ones in the different costumes. I used to be the costume pro though I never did scary ones. I made the cutest shaggy dog costume out of shredded newspaper once and once my kids got an award at school for their Frog and Toad costumes that I threw together.We don't get trick or treaters out in the boonies .

William, Lucky you doing a radio show.I did radio a couple of times and loved it. Many many moons ago.

We don't celebrate Halloween over here. However a few masked children are on the streets. Must be Americans who live here :P

Oct. 31st is said to be the day Martin Luther went into Reformation business. In the end he was a Roman Catholic after all. ;-)

"This is life, boy, something we can't fight." - Keith Richard's mother.

"The way up is the way back." - Heraclitus

"Adieu, dit le renard. Voici mon secret. Il est très simple: On ne voit bien qu'avec le cœur. L'essentiel est invisible pour les yeux." - Le Petit Prince, chap. XXI