Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
On death and dying
 Yes I understand what your dealing with. That would be my hurdle too as I tend to be a sponge to others feelings. It's can be difficult especially if there is alot going on with your life. I have to watch myself on that as I can get too pulled in.

I have to remember that I'm no good to anyone if I'm a mess.

[user=148]Astrojewels[/user] wrote:
Quote: People are uncomfortable talking about loss or just asking how you are, this event has made me realize that people in ‘general’ are lost with words.
People can't handle the finality. Also, it connects into one's religious or spiritual beliefs, bringing up different even opposing views as to afterlife, God, soul and spirit. It becomes too much to handle and deal with grief as well.

Mercy Now Wrote: Yes I understand what your dealing with. That would be my hurdle too as I tend to be a sponge to others feelings. It's can be difficult especially if there is alot going on with your life. I have to watch myself on that as I can get too pulled in.

I have to remember that I'm no good to anyone if I'm a mess.

I am a sponge also Mercy.  It makes it hard to balance at times and keep my own sanity. 

I know what AJ is talking about with people not wanting to talk about death.  I am finding that people would just assume push it under the rug and go on with business as usual.  

M*** was here for a couple of days and had to go back to the job out of town where his son died and his other son lives.  We talked a lot about a lot of different aspects of his son's death.  It was clear to me that Mike wanted to talk about his son...every story every, every little detail. 

Death brings up all the answered questions about life.   It brings up all the past mistakes or perceived mistakes...it makes one reassess their priorities. 

beyondinfinity Wrote:I know what AJ is talking about with people not wanting to talk about death.  I am finding that people would just assume push it under the rug and go on with business as usual.  

I just find this method idiotic because to me if you deny it or pretend its not going to change your life then you are rejecting the love you had for that person, and the whole relationship really was a waste of time. Even though we know internally that the essence of that person will always be with us because forming such a bond with another is merging two soul energies, yet letting go of the physical pleasures that life brings is a step by step process, and life will not be the same, therefore change is imperative for all involved.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Death and Dying Astrojewels 28 4,393 05-15-2010, 11:48 PM
Last Post: Diogenes