Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Questions: Himalayan salt, distilled water, and survival food?

"I wonder why he would advocate this when it can be hazardous to health."

this is interesting. it appears most here think stewart is lying or is flat out wrong and doesn't know his facts when it comes to what water is fit for human consumption. if that is true, what else does stewart not know his facts on? i would like to see some of you more knowledgeable on the subject question stewart on his questions and answers section.

i myself have been somewhat ignorant on this topic and need to dedicate some time to research and determine what I think is best for me. there seems to be conflicting information on all sides from all directions on this one, will be tricky to come to a conclusion.

I admit I know nothing about water variations - but I did see on another yahoo answer page that a man said he was 60 years old and had been drinking distilled water for over 30+ years, and he was in perfect health.

here's the thing both of these guys have big white beards(richard and dr weil) and both have opposing views. the question is, who's white beard is bigger?

http://www.aquaprix.com/archive/drw_cda.html

Is Distilled Water Dangerous?

"Is drinking distilled water dangerous? I've read that it’s harmful because distilled water easily becomes acidic and supposedly robs the body of important minerals. True?"

-- Joe Pietron

(Published 12/19/2001)

First of all, let me review for the record what distilled water is — it’s water that has been turned into steam so its impurities are left behind. The steam is then condensed to make pure water. The process of distillation kills and removes virtually all bacteria, viruses, heavy metals, and other organic and inorganic contaminants. Once distilled, the water is as pure as water can reasonably be.

For reasons I don't understand, any number of myths — some quite extreme — have grown up over the years about distilled water. A quick Internet search today will take you to sites that put forth such views as "distilled water leads to early death." Nonsense. One claim holds that distillation removes all of water's beneficial minerals. While it’s true that distillation removes minerals as well as various contaminants from water, we don't know that the human body can readily absorb minerals from water. We get our minerals from food, not water. By one manufacturer’s estimate, you would have to drink 676 eight-ounce glasses of tap water in Boston to reach the RDA for calcium.

Your question as to whether distilled water leaches minerals out of the body reflects another persistent myth. While pure water helps to remove minerals from the body that cells have eliminated or not used, it does not "leach" out minerals that have become part of your body's cell structure. Neither does distilled water cause your teeth to deteriorate, a false claim made by a filter manufacturer looking to boost sales. As far as acidity goes, distilled water is close to a neutral pH and has no effect on the body’s acid/base balance.

I hope I've set your mind at ease. Distilled water not only isn't dangerous, it’s the purest form of water. It’s also the kind of water I drink.

Dr. Andrew Weil

Dr. Daniel Bettiol, D.C. 

Wednesday, 7 March 2007

The Truth About Purified Water/Distilled Water

And you thought Purified Water/Distilled water were good for you?

We all know that drinking unfiltered Tap water is hazardous to your health because of chlorine, fluoride, dioxins and parasites. But did you know that the money you "waste" on Purified Water (or, even worse, Distilled Water) also is costing you something more important---Your Health.

Many of my Health fanatic patients are often alarmed when I tell them that drinking distilled or purified water on a regular, daily basis is sucks the energy right out of them.
In his 1974 book, How to get Well, Paavo Airola wrote about the dangers of purified water when it first became a fad with the health food crowd.

Distillation is the process in which water is boiled, evaporated and the vapor condensed. Reverse osmosis or purified water is free of dissolved minerals and, because of this, has the special property of being able to actively absorb toxic substances from the body and eliminate them. Studies validate the benefits of drinking purified water when one is seeking to cleanse or detoxify the system for short periods of time (a few weeks at a time---NOT forever).

Fasting using purified water can be dangerous because of the rapid loss of electrolytes (sodium, potassium, chloride) and trace minerals like magnesium, deficiencies of which can cause heart beat irregularities and high blood pressure. Cooking foods in distilled water pulls the minerals out of them and lowers their nutrient value.

Purified water is an active absorber and when it comes into contact with air, it absorbs carbon dioxide, making it acidic. The more purified water a person drinks, the higher the body acidity becomes. According to the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency, "Purified" water, being essentially mineral-free, is very aggressive, in that it tends to dissolve substances with which it is in contact. Notably, carbon dioxide from the air is rapidly absorbed, making the water acidic and even more aggressive. Many metals are dissolved by distilled water.

The most toxic commercial beverages that people consume (i.e. cola beverages and other soft drinks) are made from purified water. Studies have consistently shown that heavy consumers of soft drinks (with or without sugar) spill huge amounts of calcium, magnesium and other trace minerals into the urine. The more mineral loss, the greater the risk for osteoporosis, osteoarthritis, hypothyroidism, coronary artery disease, high blood pressure and a long list of degenerative diseases generally associated with premature aging.

A growing number of health care practitioners and scientists from around the world have been advocating the theory that aging and disease is the direct result of the accumulation of acid waste products in the body. There is a great deal of scientific documentation that supports such a theory. A poor diet may be partially to blame for the waste accumulation. Meats, sugar, white flour products, fried foods, soft drinks, processed foods, alcohol, dairy products and other junk foods cause the body to become more acidic. Stress, whether mental or physical can lead to acid deposits in the body.

There is a correlation between the consumption of soft water (purified water is extremely soft) and the incidence of cardiovascular disease. Cells, tissues and organs do not like to be dipped in acid and will do anything to buffer this acidity including the removal of minerals from the skeleton and the manufacture of bicarbonate in the blood. The longer one drinks distilled or purified water, the more likely the development of mineral deficiencies and an acid state.

I have done well over 3000 mineral evaluations using a combination of blood, urine and hair tests in my practice. Almost without exception, people who consume purified water exclusively, eventually develop multiple mineral deficiencies. Those who supplement their purified or distilled water intake with trace minerals are not as deficient but still not as adequately nourished in minerals as their non-purified water drinking counterparts even after several years of mineral supplementation.

Author - Dr. Daniel Bettiol, D.C.

http://aussiefreedomwater.blogspot.com/2...illed.html

Distillation is the process in which water is boiled, evaporated, and the vapor condensed back to liquid water. Although it’s a controversial stance, I am firmly convinced that regular and consistent use of distilled water is harmful to your health. If you want VISUAL proof, just take a look at these photographs!

Distilled water has the wrong ionization, pH, polarization and oxidation potentials, and if you drink it for too long it can drain your body of necessary minerals. This happens because distilled water is like a vacuum without any minerals, so it will actually leach beneficial minerals from your body to balance it out. While this might be beneficial for a short period during some sort of detoxification regimen, it’s usually highly counter-productive in the long run.

Distilled water is also highly acidic. Most of us are far too acidic already and the last thing we need to be drinking is a fluid that will make us even more acidic.

Distilled water is usually touted as beneficial because of its lack of contaminants. However, many of the devices that distill water are made of metal, which will actually add certain toxic metals like nickel back to the water and worsen your health.

http://articles.mercola.com/sites/articl...?source=nl

"I have done well over 3000 mineral evaluations using a combination of blood, urine and hair tests in my practice. Almost without exception, people who consume purified water exclusively, eventually develop multiple mineral deficiencies. Those who supplement their purified or distilled water intake with trace minerals are not as deficient but still not as adequately nourished in minerals as their non-purified water drinking counterparts even after several years of mineral supplementation."

how do we know this guy isnt lying? does anyone know anything about this guy? is this guy working filter manufacturer? were these 3000 people eating foods that were mineral deficient? how does dr know for a fact it's from the water? did dr do the same tests on 3000 people who were drinking non-distilled water? were they mineral deficient to?

Dr Weir says....

"While pure water helps to remove minerals from the body that cells have eliminated or not used, it does not "leach" out minerals that have become part of your body's cell structure."

ive come across mercola a few times in my internet travels, and well I don't remember much, i remember that i didn't trust him for a few reasons. one, he hawks his health products like they're going out of style.

2. he says...

Lesson 6: Think about your fish and seafood intake.

All fish and seafood products are allowed in this phase but are progressively eliminated in subsequent phases due to fish and seafood contamination with mercury and other toxins; sadly, seafood and fish, whether from the ocean, lakes and streams, or farm-raised, is all showing signs of such contamination, and so even otherwise healthy fish are now advised against and will be phased out in subsequent phases

i agree with stewart when he says this information is disinfo, to keep you away from fish.

mercola hawks tanning beds on his website, unbelievable, no way i can trust that skinny headed bald weirdo after i see that.....see for yourself

http://products.mercola.com/most%2Dpopular%2Dproducts/

he's got pop up windows on his website too, that really ticks me off.

There’s no need to attack the doctor just because you don’t agree with him. That’s a low tactic to try to discredit people. Judge the info and not the person. Here are his qualifications. You should read them.

http://www.mercola.com/forms/background.htm

Also Dr. Mercola isn’t the only doctor that is against drinking distilled water. I have posted articles from a few doctors.

Peace icon_smile

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Avoid Drinking Distilled Water Breaking News 71 21,064 12-21-2013, 04:22 AM
Last Post: Breaking News
  Why Himalayan Pink Crystal Salt is so much better for your health Breaking News 0 1,117 05-05-2010, 12:33 PM
Last Post: Breaking News
  Distilled water beneficial in the short run SilverInfinity 13 3,669 10-16-2009, 11:00 PM
Last Post: Richard
  Claims that Distilled Water is Dangerous Get Boldened 12 4,919 01-30-2007, 06:33 PM
  Rocket Fuel Found In Food, Water Richard 0 1,237 12-06-2006, 01:37 AM