Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Soul Talk
Jacaranda -  Wow, thanks for comments and book suggestions. Have added the books to my list!

Free – yes to complication and dying when we sleep.  Have you heard the idea that we should die to ourselves all the time, as much as possible? I take that to mean that we should die to the ideas we have of ourselves. It’s fun to play around with and probably a good way to keep moving, so we don’t limit ourselves in our ideas of who we are, who we think we are.

AF – yes, I’ve heard ghosts can do quite a few things. : )

William – “ ...the body is not fully animated when the soul leaves... “  Ever had those moments where it’s hard to get one foot in front of the other? Haha, maybe it’s during those times when my soul goes to visit Dana’s sweat and Libby sees me. : )

I wonder, since some say there is no such thing as time or space ... does our soul really exist in two places at one time? In other words, maybe my soul just is and sometimes, it taps into the ‘reality’ of being wherever the body is and at the same time taps into the ‘reality’ of being somewhere else, such as at my friend’s sweat lodge? I don’t know but fun to think about.

xanthas – that’s a seriously wonderful explanation of soul retrieval! Thank you so much. It matches pretty much what I’ve read.

And now ... here’s a bit of soul that came via email this morning. It’s a video and perhaps you might want to skip the first 3.16 minutes of ‘lecture’ but I found that it complements the 4 minutes of slow-motion nature video which follows. The talk and film are about pollination ... and when the nature scenes began playing, my soul fairly leapt up in wonder. [And  that’s a pretty funny thing to say because I’m not sure I know what the soul IS ...  but am[/i][/b] pretty sure it leapt up in joyous wonder anyway!]  Note: It took just a few second for the video to load and start playing.

http://www.ted.com/talks/louie_schwartzberg_the_hidden_beauty_of_pollination.html

(This is for all you youngens and babes out there.. and for all my homies, remember when we had no doubt about what was soul--before the illuminati landed the Beatles and all the rest to try and purge our young minds and bodies of rhythm and blues and sweet soul.., oh yeah, yeah, yeah music.)

According to Soul Brother #1 and the Godfather of Soul, he says to...........

"Watch me!" "Watch me!"  "I got it!"

"I got somethin' that makes me want to shout"
"I got somethin' that tells me what it's all about"

"I GOT SOUL.....AND I'M SUPER BAD".............

You wanna retrieve your soul, Coolbetter; watch and listen:D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2gXdSS3WB...re=related

and one more time:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vcOdSHDjo...re=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=57yUVBxt5...re=related

and if you need your soul with a little more spice, taste the salsa saborcita de Cuba......agua!!   VAYA......Mi Salsa tiene Sandunga!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KUL3FW0TU...re=related

Free wrote: "I think sometimes we complicate things and that every time we sleep we actually leave the body....and Everyone wonders about death, when we die every day just going to sleep!"

I absolutely agree with you! ...and to have read that from you snapped into place what I certainly know to be so, thank you for this simple reminder!

I even think that a lot of abduction stories you hear about, most of which happen around the sleep state, happen when perhaps someone has awakened in the sleeping body and found themselves in another "realm", call is astral if you wish and other realms where your thoughts actually manifest what you experience.

That's what happened to me. I had very good dream recall and kept journals, then I practiced Lucid Dreaming and after a while it transitioned on its own to out of body experiences and if it weren't for having come across Robert Monroe's book, I would not have been able to handle the terror it caused me because like him, I was one of those unfortunate ones that actually awakened inside a sleeping body beFORE the transition out and experiencing the ACTUAL transition of leaving the body. Most people who have an OOBE find themselves already out! You can imagine the fright when you are unable to move your body in that state, I think it's delta state, not sure.

That alone was quite frightening because I didn't have anywhere to put in my mind! And from all the conditioning we've had w/movies and tv shows, not to mention what is really "out" there in certain realms, top that off w/being a conspiracy buff (at that time I wasn't, this was in the 80's) ... we naturally fear the unknown.

Anyway, thanks for the simple reminders that we DO complicate things... that when we sleep we do leave our body, it IS like dieing every day! We spend 1/3 of our lives away from the confines of the world so to speak!

Eurydice, I saw James Brown live... Mind you, the man was trouble with a capital 'T'... Beat his wife, too and being a thug alright, as well. So... I'm not into wife beating men... And I don't care what kind of 'excuse' they come up with for being "black is beautiful" drivel, to me that is being thoroughly as much in the grip of the dubious forces than the Beatles.

Brown was ruled too much by his first chakra to be truly 'Soul-ful'. For my taste anyway.

xanthas Wrote:Eurydice, I saw James Brown live... Mind you, the man was trouble with a capital 'T'... Beat his wife, too and being a thug alright, as well. So... I'm not into wife beating men... And I don't care what kind of 'excuse' they come up with for being "black is beautiful" drivel, to me that is being thoroughly as much in the grip of the dubious forces than the Beatles.

Brown was ruled too much by his first chakra to be truly 'Soul-ful'. For my taste anyway.
Oh what the f***! You gonna make me defend J.B.???  IMHO the programming runs deep!   Okay here we go--Good God!:P

I saw him live too--in 1965 & 1966-before he was accepted by the mainstream at that time-he was demonized and unacceptable --like most raw and real black music was in that time-it was a powerful experience---he continued to be himself-- a man--a black man...he continued the fight--he kept on-- They couldn't have his balls.   He was an icon--not chosen by those in control. He was too BLACK!!  They had to wait for Michael Jackson to come on the scene to harness that  power he brought...and look what they did to M.J.?? 

We are spiritual beings having a physical experience---the whole point is to bring all that you are--and fully EN-BODY it--ground it down to brown earth, as James "Brown" epitomized.  He was it, felt it, showed it---yes he was no angel, he was a flawed human being. He was who he was.... Look again and see and feel with your heart-- Remove your --airy-fairy-new-agey-white Christian-dominant-feminist oppressor ideas about spirit-body connection.

Not your taste?? I get that, but look beneath the surface and judge not.

He was not controlled by dark or dubious forces--he was a black man living in the belly of the beast--against all odds he rose and lived and breathed in his  authenticity and power. With his music, through is art, he fought the powers--he kicked them in the balls.  They would have you believe he was diabolic--that is why he was scandalized in the press in his later years. They put him in jail, while all these satanic pediaphiles sit in judgement on one more black man who dared to showed himself.   I am not defending his personal life---I am defending his Art, show me a true Artist who was not tragically flawed?  It is through our artistic expressions that we express our souls I--that is where the soul is brought to this earthly plane for us to briefly experience a bit of grace and joy.  And so we must honor our artists and recognize their humanity; they are courageous as they must needs expose themselves, the good and the bad for in the revelation their soul's truth, we might join to find our own.

Peace unto you, sister..I grant you that in the end, he became somewhat of a caricature of himself--maybe the effect of surviving through it all....

Let me try again, just for you

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MJHgMD1S0bg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MJHgMD1S0bg

Another one, more humble but strong with feeling.........soul, is it a feeling?????

for Xanthas::)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fA51wyl-9...re=related

Eurydice Wrote:He was it, felt it, showed it---yes he was no angel, he was a flawed human being. He was who he was.... Look again and see and feel with your heart-- Remove your --airy-fairy-new-agey-white Christian-dominant-feminist oppressor ideas about spirit-body connection.
I do get the impression that you seem to want to try too ...hard... to assess where I'm coming from. I'm neither Christian, nor "feminist oppressor" ideologically inclined. You don't really know who I am nor do I think you would be able to 'get' my perspectives on 'black', 'white', 'feminist', this, or that. They're but labels.

I do however, find it rather peculiar that you seem to believe that one has to be a feminist to be against physical and sexual abuse - as if it were a ...erm... justification to applaud or laud 'black Soul power' (cough!). Even a flawed human being doesn't necessarily have to resort to beating up his women to mush just so he can be 'it', live 'it', and breathe 'it'.

What you refer to as 'black Soul power' is "spiritual", too, but it stops when somebody turns violent. Being beaten black and blue is not my idea of being 'Soul'-ful. That's just a frustrated angry (black, white, yellow, whatever) man taking it out on the most obvious and closest 'target' and, most decidedly on somebody weaker than himself.

And in James Brown's case, an angry black man.

Quote:Not your taste?? I get that, but look beneath the surface and judge not.  He was not controlled by dark forces--
Your question shows that you assume I'm not keen on his music just because I don't join you in hyping up a man who I don't think deserves half as much credit as you're ready to spill on Brown. If I wouldn't love his music or style, would you really think I would've attended a live concert by him?

I do separate the man from his music - odd as that may appear to you. There's the artist (musician) and then there's the extremely out-of-control egomaniac James Brown. He was known to repeatedly assault his wives and was reported more than once for domestic violence.

Quote:They would have you believe he was diabolic--that is why he was scandalized in the press in his later years. They put him in jail, while all these satanic pediphiles sit in judgement on one more black man who dared to showed himself.   I am not defending his personal life---I am defending his Art, show me a true artist who was not tragically flawed?
I'm all for daring to show who one really is. But it still doesn't justify him being a brutal and violent 'husband'. And just for your info:

I ain't no sissy and I most decidedly ain't no 'airy-fairy-new-agey-white-feminist-Christian-sista'.

Richard, and few others who've been lurking about this forum for a bit longer than you have, will gladly confirm this.

Xanthas:

I do not assume to know who you are, nor you, I. 

I spoke from my own feelings in regards to your "ideas/opinions" expressed not to your essence. 

We all carry ideas that we may think are original or without prejudice but in fact are colored and influenced by our programming, whatever that may be--social, political, cultural, etc. that have not yet been brought to a level of our self-awareness.

But you make my point better than myself by that the "Powers that be" have made sure that James Brown's legacy is more one of Domestic Violence rather than his Art.

You don't have to like the Art form nor the life of the Man to give homage to the Artist.  For many (mostly African Americans and lovers of his Art  his sins are forgiven, if not forgotten; comprehended within the larger context;  as his music lives on as an inspiration to the Soul.)

Eurydice Wrote:We all carry ideas that we may think are original or without prejudice but in fact are colored and influenced by our programming, whatever that may be--social, political, cultural, etc. that have not yet been brought to a level of our self-awareness.
I can tell, you're still too influenced by SS's linguistic contortions... One of the first things to become aware of and begin to separate from the lingo of the SS's drivel is to use a more personalised terminology as a sign that you've broken away from their ideology. So, as is, I do not like the word 'programming' here because it reminds me too much of the Cult ideology that has been 'practiced' by the former followers of SS.

Conditioning is a much more appropriate term as far I'm concerned because conditioning happens on a universal level whereas programming pertains more specifically to military, mind control, MK Ultra, Monarch and the like. Distinction and discernment in use of terminology is important to not get everything 'muddled' up with the SSs overloaded abuse of language when referring to a much more mundane social-cultural context.

Quote:"Powers that be" have made sure that James Brown's legacy is more one of Domestic Violence rather than his Art.
That's another 'apologetic' explanation for James Brown being overrated as a 'man' of Black Power and blaming the 'PTB' rather than putting it with the man himself. If, as yet, you have not caught on to the fact that the music industry is run by the Illuminati then you've been fast asleep.

Not that I would think you wouldn't know by now (hopefully!), just pointing out your blind spot with regards to James Brown being a He-man instead of just being a fantastic soul singer, great performer and musician.

James Brown was used as much as Michael Jackson. Just differently. And he had major issues precisely because of the whole circumstances : of being a black man in racist America - the Illuminati just made it worse, emphasising and 'feeding' his egomania (money has this side-effect), but that's what the music and show business industry does to you. Anyone who's out there in the 'limelight' is up for grabs. It didn't just "start" with Michael Jackson. And it still will not absolve Brown from being a brutal and violent, intemperate character with a major chip on his shoulder - a nasty piece of work in spite of him being a great musician.

Quote:You don't have to like the Art form nor the life of the Man to give homage to the Artist.  For many (mostly African Americans and lovers of his Art  his sins are forgiven, if not forgotten; comprehended within the larger context;  as his music lives on as an inspiration to the Soul.)
Are you black? It's just a question. The reason I'm asking is that I have never seen  black people follow the SSs. He's too 'white'.

And, as to your intimation that I do not 'appreciate' art, you're leaning too much out of the window again. You're repeating exactly what you did in the first post - 'thinking' that I don't like art, or whatever it is that makes you come out with these odd comments that have no leg to stand on, assuming rather than reading my replies properly, and not projecting your 'understanding' or interpretations thereof into them.

Besides, I don't think warbler's idea of starting this thread had 'James Brown's Soul music and his sexual gyrations on stage in mind.

Warbler, of course you can correct me if I should have misinterpreted your intentions!:)