Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Spin yarn, anyone?
Here is a question for any of you that spins yarn...first of all, does anyone on here spin yarn? The reason I ask is because I have about 3 or 4 tubs of angora hair saved from when I raised angora rabbits. I used to spin, but I haven't since I got Anubis...he won't let me anymore. He just wants to eat the fur. LOL

Anyway, I wanted to do a trade with anyone who spins. I will give you the angora if you will give me part of the finished product. It will probably have to be blended with something else though. And I can't guarantee the quality of the cuts, because I was very new at it, but there is quite a bit of it and it feels just yummy! I had some very good rabbits. There is black, white, and blue...but I think maybe the black and blue (lol) might be mixed together.

Anyway, if anyone is interested, just let me know.

Interesting that you should post this DT. I don't spin but it's on my list of "things to learn some day" but I was thinking that the forum may be a place to trade stuff .

Yes, I thought so. But I sure would like to put this angora to use. I have so much of it, and it is just sitting there...SIGH

Make me an Angora top hat! ;)

Yeah, okay, you're at the top of my list. LOL

I buy from several local spinners in the area, I'm sure there are some by you, too. I find them at various festivals and shows. There's a fabric arts show I go to that drives my creativity to extremes (i.e. I buy lots of stuff that I don't know what I'm going to do with.)

If I could, I would take you up on your offer, it will be wonderful angora, I'm sure.

Thanks, GertrudaRose. I may end up doing that. I just would have liked it if someone I knew spun, ya know? It's a shame that it is all just sitting there. It really is nice stuff. I wish my dog didn't want to eat it all the time. LOL