Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Value of Family Farms
I’m still waiting for DT to spin gold. icon_anmachen

Sily, that sure is a small town you live in. I consider the town I live in small but it’s bigger than Eden. The population is 1,800 here.

That's wonderful, DreamTime.  I admire that.

Sily, does everyone know each other by first name in your town?

Oh no... I don't know all 700+ people by name in Eden... however, it is very comfortable and many people are familiar with one another.  It's a ...... well, kinda peaceful, comfortable feeling to me to live in such a small country place, where I know what to expect from most of my neighbors.

An example would be husband had to go to grocery store in Salisbury yesterday ( 15 miles away) and saw one of the checkers/register people standing by the service desk talking to some of the other store employees.  He told me who the checker was -- named *****, and I knew exactly who she was and we had a 5 minute conversation about what a pain in the butt she is.  "She's still working there?"... "yeah, I heard they put her in the upstairs offices now" ... "she is a real grump"... "yeah, I've heard most of the other checkers complain about her also."

It's like we are familar with the people when they check us out at the registers --- and their a bit like family because we talk about them!  :D  Sometimes husband will go to the store and I'll ask when he gets home.. "who checked you out?" and he'll say someone like "Dawn" or "Ken" and I'll know just who he is talking about - these *familiar* things keep us happy... :-)

Sily, familiarity can breed stability.  I know of what you speak.

I think if more people would learn to keep up farmlike invirioments our economy would be more on a selective reasoning basis, However as far as crawfish go angora bullfrogs and rabbits make good meals as well as deer and awui squirrels and it would cause pets and fish to be more readily kept up and economics as associated with food would change worldwide, as well as locally, as well as causing other econnomic properties to be available, import isn't all thats good in this life.