Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Today's Chuckle - Chakra Levity
Did you watch it long enough to see funnybot?

Yes, Germans probably need a funnybot in order to be funny.
I don't know what typically Germanic humour implicates. I actually never thought of it as being obscene and earthy, German humour. 
Perhaps they were in the past, and that's where the inspiration of those Germans who migrated to Pennsylvania came from. 

Germans are known for their business-like character and their organised approach.
Aboput the most popular 'German' comedian the past century or so seems to have been Rudi Carell (born Rudolf Kesselaar), who was really Dutch. They needed to import comedians from abroad...
My guess would be that Germans also have felt rather restricted in matters like humour due to their involvement in very serious matters like wars and such.  

One thing that Germans are known for is making some of the best quality products.

Efficiency, organization and competency over empathy and emotionalism. They don't have a lot of compassion for "weakness" or "stupidity" or "slothfulness".  It's a serious bunch with a love of physical gymnastics and the great out of doors. This drive had led the Germans to attain the highest standards of culture on the planet pre WWII.  A very clean people too. My relatives used to hose their city-owned sidewalks at night and their gardens were gorgeous. The children were spotless and excellent students etc. They held very high standards.

The Dutch are different though...providing a more relaxed, tolerant people. Are you known for switching from one language to another in speech Filter?

(07-24-2014, 01:32 AM)Illuminati Wrote: Did you watch it long enough to see funnybot?

No, I didn't want to sign into hulu but I eventually will watch it, I promise! lol.  I think that transcript belongs to another show, sorry. Angel

I watched it and thought it was pretty funny. Logging into Hulu is no big deal. It's just one click.

Tom Lehrer raised Jewish turned Agnostic

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aIlJ8ZCs4jY

(07-26-2014, 09:17 PM)Richard Wrote: I watched it and thought it was pretty funny. Logging into Hulu is no big deal. It's just one click.

I have to log in, remember another password...big deal.

You don't need any password or account. You just click on the agreement and that's it.

Oh.