Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why Canned Soups Can Be Dangerous to Your Health
No arguement there AJ. Everyone needs to to understand nutrition. Most people know more about the maintenance of their cars than they do about their own bodies.We have become so techno oriented that children actually think food comes from a box or can or the grocery .They are nearly clueless about it's source.

Bring on the recipes!!
:) Mmm..

When my daughter was a young teenager I had her and a bunch of her friends in the car with me . I was driving along listening to their banter when it was revealed that one girl didn't know where the eggs that most people in the states eat came from. I literally slammed on the brakes turned the car around and took them to a farm on the road I knew sold chicken eggs.I still can't get over that.

Coloring farmers and country people as ignorant and stupid  was another ploy that was  put into play in the states. It was done for a few reasons but the main goal was to grab the land.

I could go on and on.

Yes you could go on and I would be listening, there is so much to discuss on this topic, and living half my life in the city and the other half in the country, I am truly educated in the difference of ‘what people think they know’ and ‘what they actually do’, the meat that goes down to the cities is labeled because, sorry, city folks have no idea between an old sheep and spring lamb! Or a tomato that is fresh and one that has been GE and cold stored…oops I am raving…don’t get me on the subject of food!

I think this file is too big, might have to send it to richard..

'EmeraldStar,

Tampering with the food and diet of people is deliberately done for specific reasons. It is an attack in a very real sense.'

Oh yes, I have been aware of that decades ago! When I said 'idiot nation' I mean that people do have a choice as to whether they want to use their brains. Most Americans from age 45 and below, don't. The reasons they have for being the way they are can be reeeaally DUMB.

Lots, if not most, people from Asia were already aware of all this when canned foods first came out. But, the rest of the world are following suit in being stupid. I store canned foods for just-in-case scenarios. Otherwise, I shop from the fresh produce sections and cook as much as possible, and organic whenever I can. We do the best we can, but we do have choices still. 

Also, can anyone tell me why it is that young Americans, especially from the corporate crowd, eat all day long? They sit by their desks and chomp on chips, salted sunflower seeds, doughnuts and cheerios, non-stop from 8 to 5! And the soft-drinks they consume in a day!And still drive out to get fast-food for lunch!  :shock: Trying to fill  a void, I guess.

All I ever hear when at work - crinkle of bags and popping soda cans - all day long! I mean, I eat a lot for a slim person; but only when I am hungry. I have no appetite for anything else if I'm not hungry! And my co-workers hmm and huh haughtily at me for not eating unnecessarily, exclaiming that I never eat. :?  Frankly, it's really scary!

What has been and is being perpetrated on the American people is very much like what was done to the Native Americans and for essentially the same reasons.

Would you say the Native Americans were dumb?
Quote:Also, can anyone tell me why it is that young Americans, especially from the corporate crowd, eat all day long? They sit by their desks and chomp on chips, salted sunflower seeds, doughnuts and cheerios, non-stop from 8 to 5! And the soft-drinks they consume in a day!And still drive out to get fast-food for lunch!  :shock: Trying to fill  a void, I guess

No ,it's nervous eating. They are under alot of stress and this is how they are coping with it. Maybe trying to stop smoking too.

Are you Asian?

Have you ever lived rurally in a cold climate 20 miles or more from grocery store and sometimes without electricity for long stretches at a time?

Asia is the market with the fastest growth in volume sales of soda/soft drinks.

Yes, I agree that there are choices but there are times when choices are very  limited and as for  using the brain most people have been deliberately conditioned from birth as to how to use their brain.

EmeraldStar,

Maybe you can bring in some healthy snacks to share with your co workers. Hot air popped popcorn ? It's the crunch that helps relieve the stress. Carrot sticks with hummus dip?
A big sun tea jar of lightly sweetened lemon/lime water or peppermint tea?

Is there an outdoor area where workers can walk during a break or after lunch?

I think Australians are not far behind or even now with the US on unfit, overweight citizens! This type of eating has become very habitual amongst so many people, and was integrated with the “Y” (why) generation, also included is the fast pace technology and never before has so many people been employed to sit all day, and function robotically, not since production lines in factories began. I am not saying these people do not work hard, it is mentally straining, but the human body is not designed to sit all day, the mind/brain needs constant stimulation- like hands to packet to mouth!  

The agenda is also to keep the heath system overflowing.

Mercy Now Wrote:EmeraldStar,

Maybe you can bring in some healthy snacks to share with your co workers. Hot air popped popcorn ? It's the crunch that helps relieve the stress. Carrot sticks with hummus dip?

This could work MN, I was at a sporting event with my daughter last week, and a few mothers went, and the majority of lunch packs were coca cola, chips, donuts, no sandwiches just junk, I took extra as I always do because many children actually bring nothing! But the kids could not get enough of the watermelon, grapes, cherries and strawberries, and I took sandwiches which the kids loved because they were chicken but curious to why it was green! And after they ate them I told them it was spinach and funny enough most went ahhh yuk!

AJ, My daughter volunteers as a Big Sister . One day she gave her little sister some cookies she had baked as a treat. Not the store bought dough cookies . The little girl said " You bake your own cookies from scratch?" She had never baked cookies from scratch  before and she is 10.She also had never had a fresh salad before my daughter had her help make one .

There are ways we can contribute  even if it seems small.I think your daughter's friends will remember your offering and will be more open to trying spinach again .

Now that is so sad but truly a growing concern, how wonderful that your daughter gives her time in such a valuable way. Years ago children went hungry because of the lack of money, but now they go hungry to the laziness of parents! One of the young girls on this trip felt sick, wanted to vomit but could not, the teacher said to me “she must have motion sickness” I disagreed and asked her in front of him “did you have breakfast” NO, and I said to the teacher classic ‘empty stomach syndrome! Geez  

They liked the spinach when they were eating it!

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Google Is Burying Alternative Health Sites To Protect People From "Dangerous" Advice Breaking News 0 513 08-27-2019, 10:53 PM
Last Post: Breaking News
  Canned or Kibble - Deciding Which Pet Food Is Best for Your Pet Richard 1 1,077 09-27-2008, 09:47 AM
Last Post: Sily