Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why Canned Soups Can Be Dangerous to Your Health
 My daughter gets more than she ever expected from volunteering and that's a positive thing though there have been heart wrenching moments.

'What has been and is being perpetrated on the American people is very much like what was done to the Native Americans and for essentially the same reasons.

Would you say the Native Americans were dumb?'

'Have you ever lived rurally in a cold climate 20 miles or more from grocery store and sometimes without electricity for long stretches at a time?'

I believe all that is being perpetrated from day zero is very much the same, but each situation is unique. The Natives never said, let's party til they get to us, we're going to die anyway. A few sold out, true; but most of them fought to the end. And if tomorrow the food supply gets cut off, would I be considered stupid to live on my storage of canned foods?

No, I am referring to people who are supposedly educated, well-informed(they even pride themselves to be so, as opposed to farmers, whom they looked down upon), who are yuppies, who make up the face of modern America today.

What we have now is also a mockery of how stupid we can be as almost no effort needs to be made to conceal what makes good nutrition. They only highlight more the artificial food that's available and not the truth.

'No ,it's nervous eating. They are under alot of stress and this is how they are coping with it. Maybe trying to stop smoking too.'

It could be nervous eating, but each case is unique, again. I think there's an emotional void that they try to fill. Stress, yes. Smoking? Some of them. About half of them never smoked in their lives; and those who do, they are still taking up to eight smoking breaks a day, so I'd say the eating isn't exactly helping, huh?

Yes, I'm Malaysian. And like I mentioned, it's fast catching up with the idiot label. There are those who are seeing doctors more as they consume sodas like their lives depend upon it. It's a multi-cultural country, so the results differ. The ethnic Chinese are more cautious and drink only water, mostly. The natives, though, eat a lot of Kentucky Fried Chicken! They are growing fatter and some people have never known a slender experience from birth. The ethnic Indians  are 50/50. Some are obese and others normal.

Sad. :(

Astrojewels Wrote:I think this file is too big, might have to send it to richard..
Here you go. Cool

http://www.mediafire.com/file/qy0toytynj...Winter.pdf

'EmeraldStar,

Maybe you can bring in some healthy snacks to share with your co workers. Hot air popped popcorn ? It's the crunch that helps relieve the stress. Carrot sticks with hummus dip?
A big sun tea jar of lightly sweetened lemon/lime water or peppermint tea?

Is there an outdoor area where workers can walk during a break or after lunch?'

That has not work... :? They do have a hard time taking natural tasting food after the taste of sodium in fast-foods...

Also, the young people today use money to buy convenience. Walking? They love their expensive cars and only the older people from 40 upward walk more.

Scenario #1:

One 25-year-old guy would spend up to $5 a day on lunch from the lunch cart. This same kid is a yuppy by day and man the cash register in a supermarket evenings, just to make ends meet. By the way he spends? Yes, he needs another job! Three times a week, he eats from the lunch cart and they are very fattening! Other days? MacDonald's. Not too often as it's a hassle to take the elevator down and walk to his car. I'm serious!

Scenario #2:

This same guy once said that he trades in his car for a brand-new one every five years. He wouldn't let it get old enough to give even the most minor of problems. He said he dreads to think of having to deal with anything! More money spent there....

Scenario #3:

That girl who stuffed herself during her pregnancy? She's only 23; she had her stomach stapled when she was 17, and spent $10,000 for this. She wasn't always fat, but she grew bigger gradually. Now, she's three times the size before her operation. When she found out that I love walking two miles a day - not brisk walking, but strolling - she stared at me with frightening intensity and spat out, you're crazy!! Rolling her eyes upward, she said, I love my car... I just hate physical activity! I dread the daily walk from the carpark to the office.

She parks across the street, then needs to cross the street to get to the office building.

Thank you thank you AJ for that great Soup File.. Thanks Richard for posting it. :)

Thanks Richard ..thanks AJ. :)

Emerald Star ....sounds like LA. Walking is very popular where I'm located. I know in the city people bring their sneakers to work so they can walk at break and lunch. I live rurally so there aren't sidewalks and it can be dangerous to walk on the road  though there are people who still do it. There is a bike trail near me which is also popular with walkers and rollerbladers.

Enjoy, that is a great file, and so many of the recipes are quick.

EmeraldStar,

Totally agree with what you are saying, the salt/preservative enhanced foods are hard to give up, they are addictive, easy and quick, and we do live in a world dominated by convenience!

Yes, thanks AJ...I will definitely have to try some of them. Think I will print a copy for my girls too.

'Emerald Star ....sounds like LA. Walking is very popular where I'm located. I know in the city people bring their sneakers to work so they can walk at break and lunch. I live rurally so there aren't sidewalks and it can be dangerous to walk on the road  though there are people who still do it. There is a bike trail near me which is also popular with walkers and rollerbladers. '

;) You're close... It's Irvine, CA. It's a great place to walk, but many younger people don't. What do you expect? They would drive just a block to get where they need to go! And the people I have mentioned are all fat and in their early 20s. Most of them have never been slender, so I don't think they know what that's like. :(

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Google Is Burying Alternative Health Sites To Protect People From "Dangerous" Advice Breaking News 0 513 08-27-2019, 10:53 PM
Last Post: Breaking News
  Canned or Kibble - Deciding Which Pet Food Is Best for Your Pet Richard 1 1,077 09-27-2008, 09:47 AM
Last Post: Sily