Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Writing
oo I never really noticed this thread before, I love writing, does anyone else write? I have written a few short stories & one novel (none of them published, I wouldn't know where to send em!)

I'd love to swap with other writers, or even if you're just interested in reading them I'll send em over.

How cool to have another writer here! I am 3/4 of my way through my novel. I have also written a couple of other novels - like you though, none of them are published - yet. The one I am working on now I hope will be the breakthrough.

When I lived in New Jersey, I belonged to a bunch of writing groups and critque groups. I was even the secretary and newsletter editor for the Garden State Horror Writers. But then stuff happened in my life and I moved to another state in the boonies and then my best friend and writing buddy died, so now I am on my own.

It is a struggle to keep on track, especially now with the holidays coming, but come hell or high water, I AM going to get published!

Send me a P.M. if you want and we can swap email addresses. Maybe we can help each other to get published.

Count me in too as a struggling writer. I am slowly but surely working on my memoirs. Like you DreamTime I had belonged to a writer's group.

I'm confident I will get published. It's something I feel in my bones. This has been a project of mine since early 2003. I have never given up and neither should you!

Wow...another writer! How about that? Maybe we three should get together and have an email critique group. We could all help each other get published. Man, I have hundreds of writing books, and have over 20 years of "Writer's Digest" magazines.

One can never have enough issues of "Writer's Digest" magazines.  That is the most awesome magazine EVER for writer's .  I absolutely read it from cover to cover literally.  Good to know you have hundreds of writing books too.  We can certainly support one another.  This is a dream come true for me!   icon_3santa

By the way I sent you a PM.

[user=2]DreamTime[/user] wrote:
Quote:Wow...another writer! How about that? Maybe we three should get together and have an email critique group. We could all help each other get published. Man, I have hundreds of writing books, and have over 20 years of "Writer's Digest" magazines.

OK now I feel like a right amateur... I have never even laid eyes upon Writer's Digest, and I have ONE book about writing. I don't even like my own writing when I read it again!

I'm a bit aimless with it really, I only write when I want to clear stuff out my system, I'm not all that bothered about being published, but it would be really nice if I could make a few quid out of doing something I like! Plus it massages my fragile ego when people tell me I'm a good writer haha

Well get ready for some massages...but be prepared for a kick in the tushie too when need be.

Go to http://writersdigest.com to check out the magazine. It really is a good one to read.

I think most people do not like their writing when they go back over it. That is the sabotage working overtime. Believe me, I am a professional at sabotaging myself. I've been doing it all my life.

Count me in! I love to write and have written about 120 pages of a book, but will it ever be finished? Can not answer that one! Hopefully when I have more time next year I might get back to it.

DT, maybe you should not go back over it, just get your publisher to do the final cut, and we will get to read that amazing book you are writing sooner than later, cant wait for it, and I will surely get a personally signed copy of the #1 book.

Okay AJ, when I make millions on my book I will move next door to you, sign you a copy and personally hand it to you.

That would be just great, and you could go home in the summer, see your girls and escape the heat, all works out for me…