Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Writing
For me too...

I love writing, and am fairly gifted at it. My creative writing teacher in high school told me I was a fool if I didn't pursue it as a career...

My true talent is art though, I haven't written any fiction in 6 years! Perhaps now would be a good time to start, though I'm having some serious artist's block issues at the moment.

Not relly a writer, only writing some poems or short prose when inspired..usualy by love or philosophy thoughts.

Ive been thinking about starting a writing career and when i do I'd love to get published, so do ya'll have any tips for an aspiring writer?

Hey...if anyone has any tips...let me know too. I have been writing (off and on) for well over 20 years and still am not published. But with me, I know it is self-sabotage. I still say that I WILL get published one of these days before I die. LOL

I just recently started my first book, i've been working on it for two days and ive got about 3,000 words. At first i thought that was alot and then i did the math in a couple of novels and books and the average number of words in a book, is 111,000 so i got a ways to go. I've never really wrote much before everything i have has probably been less than 1000 words but when i went back and re read my book it was as good to me as the books i read by my favorite authors. Writing is really enjoyable and i hope to get published. Good luck you guys on you writings and getting published.

It would be great if I had a palmtop or something similar to that to write down everything that crosses my mind during walks... My professor says I'm gifted, but I rarely write due to my laziness. I wrote down some of my thoughts which I would like to share with someone, but all of it is written in Bosnian, so... :))) If I translated them, they would lose all the magic :)

Scarlet Wrote:It would be great if I had a palmtop or something similar to that to write down everything that crosses my mind during walks... My professor says I'm gifted, but I rarely write due to my laziness. I wrote down some of my thoughts which I would like to share with someone, but all of it is written in Bosnian, so... :))) If I translated them, they would lose all the magic :)
Something I found that helps is doing it the old-fashioned way, get yourself a small pocket-sized notepad and pencil, and carry them everywhere. Once you're in the habit of writing stuff down as it comes to you, more stuff comes to you, everyone's a winner!

You're right though it does take discipline to write regularly, even if you love doing it... life's mad like that ain't it

Rob Wrote:
Scarlet Wrote:It would be great if I had a palmtop or something similar to that to write down everything that crosses my mind during walks... My professor says I'm gifted, but I rarely write due to my laziness. I wrote down some of my thoughts which I would like to share with someone, but all of it is written in Bosnian, so... :))) If I translated them, they would lose all the magic :)
Something I found that helps is doing it the old-fashioned way, get yourself a small pocket-sized notepad and pencil, and carry them everywhere. Once you're in the habit of writing stuff down as it comes to you, more stuff comes to you, everyone's a winner!

You're right though it does take discipline to write regularly, even if you love doing it... life's mad like that ain't it

That's a good idea :D typing on cellphone can be very exhausting, and unpractical :D I could get arthritis how fast I type those drafts! :)))

That's true, Rob... Writing regularly, even if you're only writing in your diary on a daily basis, is a good way of following your spiritual growth. I laugh today to the things I wrote down yesterday, if everything goes okay, haha :)
Writing is somehow a form of living, it reflects you just as your drawings and paintings reflect you, and it's very useful in being honest. It has nothing to do with lying to people, your paper doesn't have a personality and an ego... If you're honest to your paper, you're honest to yourself, and only then you can be honest people around you. Writing (and reading) teaches living, honesty, romance, passion...

I must say I was very inspired yesterday after reading this forum, so I wrote a short essay about deep connection between words, letters and life itself. :)))

Way to go, people! You are all doing better than I am at the moment. My book is still only 3/4 of the way done and I only write down my dreams once every couple of weeks now instead of every day. But that is also because I have over 400 pages in my dream diary and I was getting tired of it. :-)