Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Crystals
I'm such a crystal fanatic, it's nice to see such a long post with so much information about them! I started collecting stones when I was thirteen and haven't looked back yet. I work with crystals every day. If I'm busy I'll throw one in my pocket or wear a crystal necklace, depending on what energies I want for that day.

If I have time, I do crystal healing or crystal manifesting. So nice to see such a long post on crystals! Many blessings everyone,

[user=1077][color="#0000ff"]shakoora2[/color][/user] wrote
Quote:[Image: crystal1.jpg]
GIANT CRYSTAL CAVE on Sun. October 12 @ 9pm on Nat. Geo. Channel.

"[color="navy"]A team of scientists explore a Mexican cave filled with giant crystals; some of the largest ever discovered. With temperatures near 120 degrees Fahrenheit, and over 80 per cent humidity, the cave is one of the deadliest environments on earth.[/color]"

[size="+1"]SECRETS OF THE CRYSTAL CAVE[/size]
Hidden deep beneath the surface of the Earth is one of the greatest natural marvels on the planet: a giant crystal cave with crystals up to 36 feet long and weighing 55 tons. But this scorching cavern could kill humans after just 15 minutes of exposure.

-The giant crystals found in the caves at Naica are softer than a human fingernail.
-The largest crystal found at Naica is 500,000 years old.
-The stunning crystal pillars are made from the same common mineral as drywall – it's called gypsum.
-The Naica cave's deadly heat comes from the depths of the Earth. Naica sits on a set of fault lines. A magma chamber a mile and a half down warms the water that flows throughout the mountain.
-The Naica principle cave "Cueva de Los Cristales" is 45°C and 100% humidity.
-The Naica facility pumps 16,000 gallons of water per minute out of the mine and runs 24-7.
-The water pumped from the Naica mine formed a lake in the arid Chihuahua desert and is also used to irrigate a golf course.
-Naica is one of the most productive lead mines in the world, and a huge supplier of the world's silver as well.
-The Naica cave actuality footage was shot on solid-state memory HD video cameras (tape-less) wrapped in plastic bags and pre-heated for three hours prior to entering the cave.
-The Naica Project team created a stop-motion robot and fitted it with a Nikon digital still camera powered by a custom software to capture beauty-shot sequences of the cave with 10-megapixel resolution.

Silly,

I could only imagine what it would feel like in that cave, wow.. I have seen these photos before and others like it but wondered where they real, but you would be pulsing being in the middle of all of that.  

I think they are very pretty.  :)

I'm going to do some research into the crystal cave but I *think*... & that's a very big *think*.. but I think I read millions of years ago they were either deposited here by aliens or aliens came here to earth for a certain crystal they needed.  I think these may have been them?  I'm not sure.

The Naica Cave crystals are selenite. One of the properties attributed to selenite is the ability to clear most other gems and minerals. Personally I love selenite . I think it would be incredible to spend just a few minutes inside this cave though it is extremely hot and humid. I have a few good size pieces of selenite but nothing near that size!!:D 

FYI. There are selenite lamps  and candle holders on the market. They give off a nice calming energy.