Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Death and Dying
I think people can will themselves to death too because I've heard plenty of stories of couples that when one dies the other one dies shortly after. It's like the person gives up the will to live after losing a loved one.

That is an interesting story Craig, and it makes you wonder did she know something that was coming, as the doctors could not find anything, or maybe it was a past life feeling, a few years back I had this strange inner feeling that I was going to die, and it was because most of my life streams have never made it past the age I am now, and it is hard to discuss, because no one wants to hear it!

Richard, yes I also know many cases like this, and it also happens a lot with animals, particularly dogs, but I think this goes under a different category, I always consider this to be ‘soul ache’ that’s when two people depend on each other in life, and love one another so much, but one can not live without the other, and it does not have to be partners.

Well, other cases I've heard about is when family members want to put a family member into a retirement home and the person doesn't want to go and they die within days of having to go in. Wouldn't that be willing yourself to die?

Yes that would be, and it would also create some family karma.

What kind of karma? I know the family was involved but what kind of karma would come back to the family?

Astrojewels Wrote:That is an interesting story Craig, and it makes you wonder did she know something that was coming, as the doctors could not find anything, or maybe it was a past life feeling, a few years back I had this strange inner feeling that I was going to die, and it was because most of my life streams have never made it past the age I am now, and it is hard to discuss, because no one wants to hear it! 

Most people do not like it when you talk about death. 

Astrojewels,  I have told you some of this story about this lady before.  She did know many things but also claimed that she was an alien and that she would just leave the planet (be picked up or something like that).  When this did not happen she simply got sick and died.

My cousin was told by a sangoma (African witch doctor) when he was in is early teens that he would die when he was very young.  This always worried him and when he got diabetes he thought that that would kill him but he was killed in a car accident in his early twenties.  Strangely I could never picture this person as an adult and when I heard news of his passing it did not affect me as much as it should have.  This did worry me because at the time I could not picture myself as an adult and also believed that I would die.  I know how you feel because nobody wants to discuss it.    

In Africa there are many stories of healthy people who believe that someone has placed a curse on them so that they will die and they do die of natural causes in a short period of time thereafter.  People say that because they believe that they are going to die that this is what kills them.

Well Richard the kind of karma would depend on why they put the person in the home, that is the first energy. Many people do it because they can’t be bothered caring for the person, or they are just waiting for the money, this I do not understand. The karma can be darkness for the entire family.

Did you know when I was young I tried to be a nurse and the first place they put me was in one of these homes, well it was the matrons recommendations that I do not proceed any further…ha ha…

But with that said there are some lovely caring nurses in these homes, and they are improving.

Craig,

That is very interesting what you are saying, and it really is an extension of this particular topic, and I would really be interested in what others had to say. I could only say that her disappointment in not being taken willed her energy to depart from this earth plane.

I think it is a universal crime to disclose when a person is going to die, whether you are able to see it or not, because I believe it shortens the persons energy while they are alive, a curse is energy, this is also debatable because I do know many people that believe their family has been cursed and it is carried from generation to generation, and there are many cultures that practice cursing, and yes I believe it works, but only if the ‘cursed’ accepts and believes it is stronger than they are, if that makes sense!

Very interesting points, and personally I do not have issues discussing death.

As some guy named ramana maharshi once said.

It is like if after the movie is finnished in a cinema, you just watch the next one.
Or something similar :)

About the fear, some Donkey :) said to me
"Where is the logic in fearing something as natural as life"
but yes, people are not scared of death, neither are they scared of dying(they only fear a scary death).
They actually fear the loss of identity. Especially in our modern I, I, I, egocentric society.
Or the basic fear that there lifes haid no meaning at all.

Then attachment.
We do have a tendency to have some sort of emotional attachment to certain people, mostly those that haid some positive influence, good experience with them, or they gave us some positive and valuable knowledge(mostly life experience).
And when those people die, our sorrow is a sign of us having a problem with deattachment. We feel sorry for our selfes and our loses. Not the deceased(yeah we could cry for them if they got a horrible death).

But in the same way we can easy also have a connection with our nemesises, and act in same way.

My own funeral?

Yeah i haid some thoughts

I would get burned and the ashes spread at a specific mountain,where i haid a happy childhood.

And i would hire a sniper to kill anybody crying for me.

But i guess i was still young and idealistic at that time.
Now i realy dont care how i go.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  On death and dying Astrojewels 13 2,706 11-23-2009, 03:20 PM
Last Post: Astrojewels