Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jealousy
No I think jealousy is the root of envy. The word jealousy is rooted in the word zeal.This zeal was expressed in "love relationships" . For example someone would "zealously"watch over their wife. Etc. So being jealous is an energy that is used for control .

That's my understanding anyway.

Envy is the "coveting" part.

I hope I'm making sense. It's been a rough week.:?

Interesting MN but I am not convinced yet that jealousy is confined to relationships, I agree that people envy others for success etc, but I think jealousy is also resentment and projects a different energy to actual envy, this is sounding a little confusing but everything is energy to me, and the initial energy that jealousy may structure does evolve and combine with so many other negative forces of energy, and rob explains it a bit on how he feels with others.

A rough week, its going around let me assure you…

No I don't think it confined to relationships either but that was it's energy is  related to controlling others.

Envy  is from the Latin invidiosus which is from invidia which means" ill will".

So if we confine jealousy to relationships just for discussion, I agree totally that it is a control mechanism, and resides in the mind, which is established through fear of loss, because you tend to over think on things that have not happened as yet, or compare past with current, and the thoughts escalate to so many other energies like suspicion, demands, spying, overly dependent and establishing unrealistic competitiveness- like if your partner is looking at a model etc…

But where does it come from originally? are we born with it?

Have you heard toddlers declare "MINE!!" when it isn't and they know it?

Or when a mother is giving attention to one child another will deliberately do something to "get" her attention ?

I think my jealousy stems from a competitive nature.

Much to my parents dismay I don't have a competitive bone in my body.

What do you gain from being competitive Andrea?

I think it gives me a certain drive I don't naturally possess. I have to have something strong to motivate me. I can be a slacker sometimes, for me being competitive can be motivation.

I understand that Andrea it can motivate you and I would have to say I have a competitive nature, but it depends on what we are competing against, but I have never been a sore looser, not even in my teen years, but we are talking about jealousy and I am not competitive against other people in everyday energy there has to be an actual ‘something’ to compete against, I seem to always make these discussions confusing!