Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jealousy
Understood. Not confusing at all :)

I have thought of jealousy as a type of "possessiveness." I ask the question, can we ever really own anything such as land or objects or children and people we form relationships with? If we view our life on a soul level, the stuff comes and goes for some, for others it accumulates, people come and go and life can change without notice or warning.

So, if jealousy is possessive, we want what is not ours or we fight for what we think is ours. Maybe the jealousy (insecurity) in a relationship comes from feeling as if the object of possession is not really owned?

Yes ,beyondinfinity,possessiveness is a good description as how I see jealously.

If we are talking relationships, I totally agree beyondinfinity and MN, those that I do know that are jealous of their partners seem to create monstrous energetic emotions connected to jealousy, but what I always find bizarre is that if their partner is messing around, they are very angry with the other person, so they forgive their partner for wrong doing but tighten the chain that holds them under control. I have never been jealous in my relationship because as you say I will never own him nor do I want that, you can only bring out the best in yourself if the other person is free to be themselves.

Quote:you can only bring out the best in yourself if the other person is free to be themselves
So true.

That’s what I have always found in life to be true, but that philosophy becomes a little complex when it comes to your children, especially through the guiding years, you know when they enter the tunnel of the teen…

Yes I agree but we are charged ,by our part in creating and birthing, in forming a foundation from which our children will have to stand the rest of their lives.

That's quite different from accepting one that has already been established. 

Besides all those hormones raging can cause them not to think clearly. People joke about  but it is very true.

Ah MN you put that so wonderfully, motherhood truly is the most empowering energy, it is just so intense and complex, and now I begin the journey 2nd time around, my 12 yr old has taken her first steps into the tunnel, and to be honest it overwhelms me because I am about to release her to the poison of the world, boys, drugs, alcohol and programmers, can I hold her hand through it all, well I will get back to you in about 7 yrs…lol. I have faith in her, but she is a Leo and umm…

I know ...it's tough and she may stumble a few times but if she has a good foundation she'll spring back and better for it.

My daughters are both adults now. Those teen years were extremely challenging. I approached child rearing as the steward, trying to give them what they needed to make it in the real world once they were out of my home. Now that they are experiencing the adult life with children of their own, they can acknowledge what once done for them while growing up, but didn't have a clue when they were teens.

"you can only bring out the best in yourself if the other person is free to be themselves"

I really like this statement astrojewels.