Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jealousy
Yes she will surely stumble and her foundation is good, but it’s what they bring out of the tunnel with them, that’s the problem.

Beyondinfinity, having had the pleasure of meeting both your daughters, they are wonderful and you are a wonderful mother and having an adult daughter myself I do understand that the day comes where they say thanks, and the hard work pays off to a very well formed relationship, using the energy of that statement has actually amplified my energy,  goodness women have to put up with so much…. Sorry guys we are going off topic back to it hey?

Let me ask – there is a fine line between envy and jealousy, so when a person is favored by an employer/parent/teacher is that envy or jealousy?

Quote:Let me ask – there is a fine line between envy and jealousy, so when a person is favored by an employer/parent/teacher is that envy or jealousy?
AJ, I'm not sure I'm understanding the question.  icon_crazy Are you asking if another person has jealous or envious feelings because they see favoritism by employer/parent/teacher ?.

Yes I am asking in this situation is the energy jealousy or envy, interested in everyone’s opinion, as I see envy as someone getting ‘something’ like promotion or position.

I found this on CliffNotes.com the other day .It explains my understanding of the two emotions.
Quote:Although sometimes used synonymously, envy and jealousy have different meanings.

Envy is the desire for something that someone else has, or a feeling of ill will over another person's advantages in general:

My envy of your success has made me bitter. Jealousy is a resentful suspicion that someone else has what rightfully belongs to the jealous person:

Out of jealousy, he followed his wife.
The favored treatment of the daughter created jealousy in the son

Here is a rather involved philosophical dicussion of the two.

2] While it is linguistically acceptable to say that one is jealous upon hearing about another's vacation, say, it has been plausibly argued that one is feeling envy, if either, in such a case. Both envy and jealousy are three-place relations; but this superficial similarity conceals an important difference. Jealousy involves three parties, the subject, the rival, and the beloved; and the jealous person's real locus of concern is the beloved—the person whose affection he is losing or fears losing—not his rival. Whereas envy is a two party relation, with a third relatum that is a good (albeit a good that could be a particular person's affections); and the envious person's locus of concern is the rival. Hence, even if the good that the rival has is the affection of another person, there is a difference between envy and jealousy.[3] Roughly, for the jealous person the rival is fungible and the beloved is not fungible. So he would be equally bothered if the beloved were consorting with someone else, and would not be bothered if the rival were. Whereas in envy it is the other way around. Because envy is centrally focused on competition with the rival, the subject might well be equally bothered if the rival were consorting with a different (appealing) person, but would not be bothered if the ‘good’ had gone to someone else (with whom the subject was not in competition). Whatever the ordinary meaning of the terms ‘envy’ and ‘jealousy,’ these considerations demonstrate that these two distinct syndromes need to be distinguished.

4] Invidious envy is envy that involves the unsavory motivation, where benign envy does not. Other philosophers claim that the latter is not envy at all.5 Like many disputes over the nature of emotions, this one threatens to devolve into competing stipulations, but it can be understood as a substantive question about the character of an empirical phenomenon.[6]

Some of the examples advanced on behalf of the suggested bifurcation threaten to obscure the issue. It will not do, for instance, simply to point out that people commonly say they envy someone's skill, say, in cases where it is quite implausible to suppose that they have any desire that the person loses the skill. There is undoubtedly a common tendency to use the term ‘envy’ for any desire for something that is possessed by another. But, given the looseness of natural language noted above, we must not simply assume that these are really cases of the emotional syndrome of envy. All parties to the debate would grant that not every case in which someone would like something that someone else possesses is a case of genuine envy. First, envy is agreed to be a form of pain or botherment—an unpleasant emotion. To fancy someone else's linens is not yet to envy them. So proponents of benign envy don't or shouldn't count every such desire as a case of benign envy. Furthermore, even a painful desire for what someone else possesses might be better described as longing than envy. If you badly (painfully) want the new Mercedes convertible, only to discover that your neighbor has bought one, it is a substantive psychological question whether you envy her for it. Envy should not be permitted to follow as a trivial consequence of the conjunction of your painful desire with the belief that she has (an instance of) its object.[7]

Still, it is often rightly observed that in many cases of genuine envy, the actions the subject actually performs are directed at securing the good (or a comparable one) for himself, rather than at undermining the rival. Success at such projects sometimes resolves the situation by eliminating the envy. If such positive steps can satisfy some envy, this may suggest that those instances of envy involve nothing more than a positive desire for the good. Furthermore, even decent and strong-willed people sometimes envy the talents of their more accomplished friends. Surely such people do not want those friends to lose those talents. This, again, is supposed to suggest the possibility of benign envy. However it is not clear that defenders of the negative view of envy need to deny any of this. They may be best understood as holding a disjunctive view of envy's constitutive desire. On this view, the characteristic dissatisfaction of envy supplies or embodies some level of motivation toward whatever would ameliorate the situation: in other words, toward either outdoing or undoing the rival's advantage.[8] It is entirely compatible with this view to grant that a given episode of envy might only produce actions directed toward the positive aim—and even that a given person might act exclusively toward the positive aim. The question is whether such episodes are entirely benign, or whether they involve a motivational tendency toward undoing the rival's advantage that was left unexpressed—due perhaps to the subject's unwillingness even to entertain destructive action, or perhaps to less noble considerations. Settling this question may be difficult in practice, but failure to recognize its significance mars a number of arguments offered in the present dispute.

1.4 Envy vs. Resentment..........http://plato.stanford.edu/entries/envy/

When I was in college I wanted to major in philosophy and minor in anthropology and geology.  My father would have none of it.lol!!

That was a good read MN, it is such a fine line and the translation seems to overlap one another, when I was a kid I was very jealous of so many things, and once I began to mature and understand my sensitivity to energy, I separated and divided energy into categories in order for me to ‘build the bridge’ so now I do not allow energy of jealousy or envy, it really is the first energy that I dissolved, it is what I call a ‘dirty energy’.

Yes I am rambling, but with my research into the chakra centers I put all the categories of energy into a system so –

Jealousy/envy resides in the heart chakra (because it usually arises through pain, isolation, rejection, greed or just simply wanting) this then energizes the throat chakra because the first thing we do is ‘talk’ about the situation or person that we are jealous/envious of.

This energy then finds home in the brow, it plays with the mind pattern, and feeds all of our insecurities, and what we call the green eye monster!

The attachment states that envy is assumed to be an emotion, but I personally feel that envy is actually a ‘feeling’, and jealousy is the emotion. Energy is one of my fav subjects, I could ramble all day long, only if I could find someone who wants to listen…

Thanks for those articles.

I'll listen. I love it when you discuss your understanding of energy.

Thanks MN, you are my pea…

Well to me everything is energy, I am sure most people know that, and I look at robs reply and his honesty which I really respect, and what happens to a person who is so overwhelmed/consumed by the dirty energy is not knowing where to begin, because it is like ‘where do I start or I can not change’ this is me.

Accepting it is the best start anyone can have because you are consciously aware of its presence. The next step is separating the reasoning you have put into your mind of why you have these feelings, break them down and you find the core.

To me a big part of deprogramming for anyone who is specifically programmed is cleansing the body from the influence of others thoughts and this is what I am referring to when I speak of my daughter when she exits the tunnel! What energy will/has attached to her?

Let me ask you MN, you are not a jealous or envious person, have you always been this way? or was it a transition to become who you are just through your experiences in life and your vast inner awareness?

Quote:Let me ask you MN, you are not a jealous or envious person, have you always been this way? or was it a transition to become who you are just through your experiences in life and your vast inner awareness?
 AJ, I've always been that way . I can see how jealousy/envy can be a motivator  of sorts and do see how many people use that. My parents would have welcomed it I think as I never had  the many aspirations that society expects of me.

I'm not immune however as I am human and as mentioned I did succomb to a nasty bout of envy once that in retrospect sickens and shames me. In my defense however the object truly was mine but no longer in my possesion and  there were other mitigating circumstances but I reacted and behaved poorly.

That is amazing MN, it would have made life easy for your parents, this is what I have wondered when this word popped in my crazy head! I do believe we are born with it and then our environment feeds the energy, because it was actually a very easy thing for me to dissolve personally, but for others it can really be a life long battle.

Is jealousy as a motivator? The word compete should be broken down into two categories- the one where you feel the need to compete against others for your partner etc, and then competing for an actual thing, sorry I am trying to explain this so its not confusing but not doing very well at it!  

I have a competitive streak, yet lets say some women was after my husband, that would not make me feel competitive in any way! Does that make sense?

Notice how I have stayed out of this thread? I guess it is because I used to have a large streak of jealousy in me. But I think it was more of insecurity. I would always get upset if I thought any woman was looking or trying "to get" at the man I was with. And then when he was away, I would be wondering if he was really doing what he said he was. But like I said, it was my insecurities I think, more than jealousy. I never felt I was good enough for anyone. I have gotten a lot better with age (age brings wisdom? Haha), but I don't know if I have gotten rid of it all. I still feel "twinges" whenever I know that my girl's father and his fiance can go to see them and my grandchildren whenever they wish, and I can only see them when I have the money to go. I guess I am afraid that they are going to like them better than me, and that my grandkids with gravitate to her more than me. So...is that jealousy or not?