Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Obsessive Debunking Disorder (ODD)?
(05-31-2013, 08:45 PM)Mercy Now Wrote: Richard at the time you implied we were being "paranoid".

Paranoia is generally characterized as irrational. I see nothing irrational in being cautious about who is given access to private spaces especially since we were hacked(we were advised to change our passwords) and there were known spies.

These were people who had every reason to be concerned based on their  actual experiences .

Paranoia is good to heighten your awareness but not to the point where you think everyone is a spy and they're out to get you.

Who were the known spies?

When the swerdlows had the site hacked they download every post here. They didn't need spies. They already knew what was being said about them and I really don't care if they do. My posts are the truth and I'm not scared if the swerdlows read them.

After the hacking indecent I changed the software and added other protections. It's impossible to hack into now.

When you were gone for a few months recently, Richard was when I noticed posting something and then not being able to see it - or looking at the general list of topics - seeing the name of the person, but NOT being able to find their post. I wasn't sure if your computer issues had been sorted out at that point or if you had the opportunity to keep up with board maintenance. Sifter had complained of something similar before she left so it was going on before your break.

I just chalk it up to the everpresent presence of THE MONITORS. I assume some loser making sh*t wages is reading posts, overriding features and breaking into the Gold Forum. That's a given.

Like you - there's nothing I would post here that I wouldn't expect to be read by them so I occasionally give direct salutations.

I was only gone for a month. It was March of 2010. I remember sifter having problems but I couldn't find anything wrong so I just chalked it up she didn't know what she was doing. I worked at a lot of different factories and whenever someone would complain the machines aren't working right the foremen would always say "it's the operator not the machine". 9 times out of 10 that was the case. You wouldn't believe what computer techs say they get the most of on support questions. People call in the find out "where the any key is". lol...I'm sure you seen instructions saying hit any key. That still cracks me up.

If I can't duplicate the problem I can only think the problem must be on the members end. I never seen posts I couldn't read. The only possible thing I can think of is the members cache on their browser needs to be deleted. Some people never do that and when it gets so big problems start happening.

I know most people don't read forum rules but one thing it says is to not to post any top secret info. It's a public forum and anyone could be reading the posts.

MN: .....

Richard: No spin. I have proof. I have the threads and Octahedron as a witness......

Please let calm this discussion here.

I was half a witness; I had no access to private forums that time.

My awareness of the risks of a private forum did me hesitate to ask access to them..

History showed for me I did well, because we see what can happen with guys as iqh who is still posting at expansions and attacking hcf, where he had access to the private forums in the past.

True, there was a war in the KBA thread and I was with MC antagonizing against i.e. GWSOL, MN, AJ and there were also made apologies to each other. That case is already closed.

Richard, you know I am also very suspicious to newcomers.

in case of Elizabeth (as with many other new members I would also not give here access to the more advanced forums. Nothing bad here about Elizabeth; I only know my lessons from also other forums. New members should earn access to more privileged parts over time and with aggreement from other old crew members.

Other thing was like with Xanthas and Yukesam when they were just new here. They both had good things to tell, however they were so loudly and overwhelming shaky emotional in their starting posts, that it,evaluating 2009-2011, would better have been they got access from step to step after a certain time interval of experience and becoming familiar with others.

Internet and forums as these are is difficult to organize, esp. with access and privileges policies;

As MN said, Richard, it is your forum. You make the trade-offs and decisions here. IT-Security and privacy often go with each other.

(05-31-2013, 10:52 PM)Richard Wrote:
(05-31-2013, 07:21 PM)Mercy Now Wrote: AJ retired as a moderator in 2010 but continued to post until 2012.

She retired right after the KBA war. She shut the forum down and left as moderator. When I came back I opened the forum back up and dealt with the mess that was left for me.

I really don't understand why you and GWSOL have to attack every person that talks about the KBA
. It's like you 2 aren't happy until you can get everyone on the forum to think like you do. Why can't you just leave those people alone. If they want to believe then let them believe. Why keep attacking them? You know you're never change their minds, so what is the point of attacking them?

Yes AJ was/is my friend and she is a fair person and would have at least said something in private if I was out of line.

Well she didn't and that's why everyone exploded with anger. You started the KBA war and AJ didn't say anything to you. Don't you remember all that? The backlash from AJ not saying to you caused everyone to blow up. So instead of saying something to you she closed the forum.

I think William would have as well.

William is to nice of a guy to say anything. Plus he is hardly here.

You were the one who referred to GWSOL and I as partners in "crime".

That's a phrase. I'm sure you've heard it a million times or more.

Your report of what happened is pure spin .

No spin. I have proof. I have the threads and Octahedron as a witness.

GWSOL left because YOU didn't respect his privacy . Period.

Wrong again.

There were at least 4 other people who were suspicious of Elisabeth (and other newcomers) at that time .

Who are the other 2?

You got mad at GWSOL because he eloquently stated his reasons for concern about our privacy and questioned your "intuition"  which made you angry. That's when you used his real name ,intentionally, so he would leave. He left and rightly so.

I don't get mad. I'm not a super emotional person like some of the members here. Find me a post where I was mad. Also find me the post where I used his name. Even if I did, why be such a crybaby over it? Everyone knows who I am. I don't hide behind made up names.

There WAS disappearing post and post manipulation. I don't know who was doing it but it was happening and as I stated there was an off forum discussion site concerning that.

Find me another member that witnessed that. The only thread that got posts deleted was the KBA thread and AJ was the one doing that.

Re: The KBA thing....Richard said" if people want to believe it let them."

Really Richard?

Okay then..why have a forum that exposes the Swerdlows and their ilk? If people want to believe them and their ways... let them!

You're using the term "attack" rather broadly and loosely. If a member considers opposing opinions an attack or "negative" then they have no business on a conspiracy footed forum.

You are placing AJ's closing that thread( it was never really closed for any length of time as I recall) and deleting certain posts and retiring entirely out context Richard. That's extremely unfair to AJ and also to your audience here. AJ was your friend as well.
It borders on manipulation and mind f******. But..it's your forum.

I stand by my statement as why to GWSOL left. I have proof that you are the one that is wrong Richard.

Out of respect to the 4 other members( other than GWSOL and me ) privacy I am not going to post their names. I have copies of that forum because I intuited I would need them . :)

Yes Richard you do get mad .Passive aggressive behavior is  a form of anger.

(06-01-2013, 09:24 AM)Mercy Now Wrote: Re: The KBA thing....Richard said" if people want to believe it let them."

Really Richard?

Okay then..why have a forum that exposes the Swerdlows and their ilk? If people want to believe them and their ways... let them!

If people want to believe in expansions that's fine by me. You can't force someone to change their mind.

You have no proof there is no KBA, so you don't have a leg to stand on, so why create wars over it?

You're using the term "attack" rather broadly and loosely. If a member considers opposing opinions an attack or "negative" then they have no business on a conspiracy footed forum.

I do see what you do as attacks. You don't know when to give up. You keep on attacking and the only thing you accomplish is pissing off the rest of the forum.

You are placing AJ's closing that thread( it was never really closed for any length of time as I recall) and deleting certain posts and retiring entirely out context Richard. That's extremely unfair to AJ and also to your audience here. AJ was your friend as well.
It borders on manipulation and mind f******. But..it's your forum.

The whole forum was closed, not just that thread. AJ is my friend but I'm not going to lie what happened when she was in charge.

I stand by my statement as why to GWSOL left. I have proof that you are the one that is wrong Richard.

When are you going to produce this proof. You are lying about why he left. I was talking with him and I know what happened, so your lies aren't going to change that.

Out of respect to the 4 other members( other than GWSOL and me ) privacy I am not going to post their names. I have copies of that forum because I intuited I would need them . :)

Since you're not going to produce proof I can only assume you're lying again.

Yes Richard you do get mad .Passive aggressive behavior is  a form of anger.

You still haven't produced proof about this either, so I can only assume it's more lies.

(06-01-2013, 07:12 AM)Octahedron Wrote: I was half a witness; I had no access to private forums that time.

The KBA thread was in the public forum at the time. Now it's in the advanced forum and you do have access there.

History showed for me I did well, because we see what can happen with guys as iqh who is still posting at expansions and attacking hcf, where he had access to the private forums in the past.

iqhunk is another instigator. He loves to create wars too. I think he's too messed up to ever recognize the truth even if it bit him in the ass.

Richard, you know I am also very suspicious to newcomers.

Most people are but I believe in innocent until proven guilty. It's a little extreme to get so paranoid over a new member that you start throwing tantrums over it demanding the member to be banned. I have my system of checking people out and it works just fine.

in case of Elizabeth (as with many other new members I would also not give here access to the more advanced forums. Nothing bad here about Elizabeth; I only know my lessons from also other forums. New members should earn access to more privileged parts over time and with aggreement from other old crew members.

If it isn't broke then don't fix it. My system works fine.

Other thing was like with Xanthas and Yukesam when they were just new here. They both had good things to tell, however they were so loudly and overwhelming shaky emotional in their starting posts, that it,evaluating 2009-2011, would better have been they got access from step to step after a certain time interval of experience and becoming familiar with others.

I think Xanthas has a lot of good info to share. I wish she didn't leave here. I never had one argument with her because I never attacked her.

Internet and forums as these are is difficult to organize, esp. with access and privileges policies;

As MN said, Richard, it is your forum. You make the trade-offs and decisions here. IT-Security and privacy often go with each other.

Overall I think this forum is doing well. This forum doesn't have all the problems the bigger forums do.