Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Swine Flu
Well, my baby daughter just texted her sister from the emergency room. She has swine flu! I don't know if they are going to keep her there or not. This is one of those times that it really sucks to be so far away from her.

DT, if your daughter doesn't have a chronic illness then she should recover from this. They'll probably keep her for observation. I'm so sorry that she's sick. :(

DT, Do you know if they tested her and have the results back? My(unconfirmed) understanding is that if you show up in the ER with flu symptoms it is assumed you have H1N1 until  you are tested and the results come back otherwise.I too am so sorry she is sick. I know how you feel. All my kids live within 20 miles of me and it  can seem like a continent away when they are sick. 

Yes, she was tested and it came out positive. They are sending her home though, because they are too crowded. Richard said that it is better she goes home anyway because the hospital is full of sick people. LOL

Yes, I think she has a better chance of resting at home. Keep us updated?

Can you say what her symptoms were that she decided to go to the ER?

Ya know, not to make lite of this at all.. But i remember many many many times growing up havin the most severe Flu sooooo many times, i wont go into the horrible side effects... But is the swine flu any different really????

No William, I don't think the swine flu is really any different than other strains of flu...just a new one.

MN: she had a fever, scratchy throat, and then she started having so much pain that nothing would take it away, so she went to the ER since it was a Sunday. She said that she just hurt so bad she felt like dying. But I am sure she will be okay. At least I have to keep a positive attitude about it.

I just feel really bad for her because no one wants to come and help her out for fear they will get sick also. She is all alone. I wish I could be there with her.

My friend is sick with flu like symptoms. I took some things over to her and left them  on the porch.She retrieved the "stuff" as I stood @ 20 ft. away. Some herbal stuff(oregano oil P73) I needed back right away, so she took what she needed ,put the bottle in a baggie and I retrieved it with both my hands in baggies lol!! Her little kidlet was sick too but he recouped pretty fast.

Sorry to hear that DT, and no one will help her, goodness what’s wrong with the world! You will have to keep us posted on her progress, is she taking lots of vitamin C, tell her also if there is any sunlight to get out there, as draining as it may feel it will do her good, salt baths, what did they give her at the hospital?  

Okay, I just talked to my daughter. She is still sick, but she said "maybe" she is feeling a bit better. At the hospital they gave her a shot of something to get rid of her nauseousness, a shot of morphine, and she said some other shot. They then gave her a prescription for Tamiflu which she had to get filled. But come to find out, her area was all out of Tamiflu, so her boss sent his wife to get her prescription filled and brought it to her. They both wore masks, so that hopefully, she wouldn't give it to her boss's wife. Her boss and his wife have been the only ones who came to visit her. When the wife got to Stacy's apt. she saw that Stacy didn't have any food in the fridge, so she went out and got her tea, milk, soup, juice and such. Nice people. But her boss wants her back to work in 3 days, and the hospital told her to stay home for the week. She is upset because the company only gives 6 sick days a year, and she has used most of them up. I told her to threaten to leave and maybe they will give her more. (They don't want her to leave.) Her dad said that he would come over tonight, so hopefully he will keep his word on that one.

Oh, AJ, the hospital told her not to leave the house for the week, so I don't know if she will go out in the sunlight. And I don't think she has any sea salt around to take a bath in.