Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tarot cards
yeah i imagine it would take some studying to understand... Ive read a lot of crowleys work.
Here at the hyperspace cafe we seem to put emphasis on left and right brain integration,that scientific illumination..
Crowleys work deals a lot with the tree of life and perspective of a magician.Fascinating stuff... I dont know if ill ever break out some enochian tablets and invoke astral demons but his qabalistic writings are definately worth the time to read.

I have read a lot of his stuff too, although I don't think I understood a lot of it. I do think it was interesting though.

I had a friend come over once. I left out the room for about 30 minutes. When I came back they asked me about the book '777' by Aleister Crowley.
This was a book I had tried to read on many occassions, but it never CLICKED with me. I NEVER understood the book.

Anyway,they said that all of the sudden, in my house, they became very scared. After looking around, their attention was drawn towards the book '777'. (Now mind you, I have a rather large library of diverse books.) They felt a very strong energy of hate from that book.
When I walked through the door the first thing they asked was,

"What is this book?"

Sheepishly I replied
"Why?"

They said the book was "evil" and they could feel it and were drawn to it with fear.

Ironically, I got the book from a VERY close friend that had an uncle that passed away. The uncle had a managerie of occult books, one of which was '777'.
After I took the book, she said spirits (she moved into his house after his passing) were all over the place and it freaked her out.
After reading about him I was totally ashamed that I had even ventured into his realm of evil.........pure evil.
Crowley is pertinent to an objective inquirer, but please do not get caught up in that evil.

I completely agree with Spiritvoyager...

"Timing, of an upcoming event for example, is very difficult if not impossible to predict. Identifying people (by their characteristics), identifying events, influences and energies, is much easier."

Precisely. I have developed my own sort of mind when I approach the deck. Certain things asked either feel right or not to ask. You sort of begin to see, with some experience, the best type of question to ask and the best way to ask it. Having said this, I still enjoy the question from complete left field, even outright "silly" questions. The Tarot DOES have a highly evolved sense of humor as well...or maybe that's just me ;)

Patrick

Here we are.. quoting Stew from an inquiry regarding tarot usage:

"If read properly, these have good information. One must be able to read energies and put all the pieces together. In ancient times, this was done quite well. I only know of one person who reads Tarot as it should be."

That somewhat sums up my stance on tarot also. I really don't expect anyone involved in those retarded psychic services to give a realistic tarot reading. I think you've gotta be specially connected to the energy & origins of tarot to understand just what you're doing.

I recently have started using tarot cards, so I'm not an expert on them by any means. But so far I've found them to be a very good source of guidance. I'm excited to get into it more and expand my knowledge, thats actually part of the reason I joined these forums.

I read palms and Tarot for corporate and private parties, Bar Mitzvahs, and individual clients. I see myself more as the "middle man" than anything else. I tell the person what I percieve (with TACT and understanding), believing it is what they need to (choose to) hear in that moment.

If a client is interested, I will do an "Oversoul Reading", where I connect hyperspace concepts to Tarot as a way of offering guidance and support.

For Example, after meditating on the magician card, I came up with:  "I connect to ovesoul and manifest on the physical plane."  So, depending on where the card comes up in the reading (and other factors), I would offer this concept.

I think any method of divination is what you make it. You bring to it your intention, intuition and your own life experiences. I don't see it as anything particularly mysterious and try and keep it simple. But that's just my way. There are lots of ways.

... There's something that someone wants to understand about themselves, they were attracted to me to help them in their journey. I honor that journey.....

That's about it! :)

Tsarion got me hooked on Tarot a while back with his Origins and Oracles Dvds. Awesome stuff.
Still, I'll leave it to you guys. I know I'll may not put the time into learning the tarot, but I love it loco.

Michael Tsarion interviewed about the Divination Art of the Tarot

I have Toth Tarot. I feel them like they have very particular energy within them. Id also agree that cards are just a mean to help your own knowledge to come through. But, I must say, since I got them, and I started to work with them more, I get really intense programing dreams which I cant control, and I mostly dont remember them when I wake up.... maybe its not connected at all, but could they trigger things I am trying to stop?

Shadowlady,

The Thoth deck  I know of is Crowley based . Is this the one you are referring too?

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Tarot cards help $6.8M lotto win Richard 7 2,985 03-25-2007, 03:47 PM
Last Post: Astrojewels