Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Avoid Drinking Distilled Water
mmasters, I am taking a liquid mineral supplement, I add it to my water, there are many on the market. Find one that works for you. I don't drink tap water cause of the fluoride and the chlorine. I have been buying reverse osmosis water in refillable jugs from my local grocey store, but i think you can install a reverse osmosis system pretty inexpensively. The Mercola site does have great information.

A few years ago, when Stewart first told me to only drink distilled water, I actually wanted to buy a water distiller from Canada. Though I didn't because first this is very expensive, and in the end, I had lived all my life on bottled source water, and somehow, miraculously, survived this ordeal. So I figured, that bottled water that you can buy in any supermarket can't be that dangerous after all.

Then I met an interior designer with whom I discussed a new kitchen project, and I asked her if she could find a way to install a water distiller, so I could enjoy healthy distilled water. She said that first of all, such devises are illegal for consumption in Europe (given the health risks already outlined in the initial post to this thread), but she also warned herself that studies have shown that drinking water low or completely free of minerals considerably increased the risk of cardiovascular and coronary heart disease. She quoted an example of Scotland (which was also used in the concerning studies made), where water is generally low in minerals, and where the number of heart attacks were amongst the highest in Europe! Switzerland, where water is very high in minerals, as comparatively to Scotland a far lower heart disease rate.

During the acute food crisis in Zimbabwe, in 2009, no regular source water could be imported for a short period of time, and so the government distributed distilled water in order to ensure that the general public had access to clean water. The minute that imports were resumed, this was stopped. A journalist friend of mine had inquired through the local authorities there why they stopped selling distilled water. The answer was crisp and clear: the health risks for the population if subjected to only drinking distilled water are too high and can only be an immediate short-term solution.

So there you are. Distilled water will kill you.

Perhaps also a second reminder that Stewart has no formal or informal medical education whatsoever, and is in no ways qualified to give medical advise to people.

Don't forget the charge of electrosmog putting in the "distilled water" when using electronic distilled water devices.

barefootrevolution, I feel sorry for your story. Glad you found your way back to health.

Jacaranda Wrote:So there you are. Distilled water will kill you.

Perhaps also a second reminder that Stewart has no formal or informal medical education whatsoever, and is in no ways qualified to give medical advise to people.
I don't know why Stew got it stuck in his head that distilled water is good for you. The only thing I can figure is he wants his clients to be unhealthy because you can make more money off sick people than well people.

Richard Wrote:I don't know why Stew got it stuck in his head that distilled water is good for you. The only thing I can figure is he wants his clients to be unhealthy because you can make more money off sick people than well people.
There are in my own personal opinion two reasons for this.

First of all, this is a way for groups that you are part of to ensure you remain loyal. By giving you something to do, you are now busy trying to please the leader of that group by demonstrating your loyalty, or perhaps you actually do this in the belief that it will help you in some way. Many religions for example have many such practices, which to the non-believer may seem very silly, if not absurd. Don't eat meat on a Friday. Women to wear head-scarves. Don't eat pork meat. Find a healthy tree in the woods, chop it down, put it up in your living room, leave it to rot over a few days, then throw the tree away. Just to give a few examples. By being busy in doing something, you are now also busy in not wondering whether the thing that you are doing might be wrong in the first place. It works like test. If you can buy into this nonsense, you become eligible to more obvious nonsense and get sucked into the spiral of your new belief system by one level.

Second are financial reasons. After a while of drinking distilled water, you will start feeling sick. If you are clever enough, you will consult a medical professional, who will quickly sort you out, especially after you have told him that you are on a strict distilled water diet. He will also tell you to stop that silly idea of drinking distilled water immediately.
In other cases you will have your consultations with Stewart, buy DVDs, go to seminars in the hope to find a solution to your problem. This works in two ways: you are now consuming a lot of products which come at very hefty prices, and which you continue to order and pay for, given they don't actually work, but the belief that they do work is still strong within you. You are also buying more and more products which you initially did not consider: personalized healing archetype cards, Day with Stewart, etc. These 'services' are also more and more expensive. So the result is buying more products, and buying increasingly more expensive products. All thanks to distilled water.

Jacaranda, Richard, thanks for your analysis.

3rd resason could be, the distilled water cleanses and flushes out old beliefs & old energy fields and at the same time it is charged with your new mind-pattern of "believing in expansions" or even programs of expansions. That's how alchemy and homeopathy works. Water can be charged with thoughts and mind-sets. So, drinking distilled water can be a backbone for reprogramming.

I never drinked distilled water in such way.

Everything is consumed by me: tap water, milk, fruit juices, beer, wine, ice-tea, spring water, cassis, tea, coffee, sometimes coca cola, everything, and very rare: even drinks with aspartame.  

The thread opening post contains eroneous claims, so many that I hope I catch them all.
This article is a perfect example how that people are easy to take someone's word for it, an unskilled reader who is apt to overlook important critical statements. In fact, the entire article is a perfect example of hogwash paragraph after paragraph, citing NO references whatsoever. Distilled water is superior to regular tap water.

#1 excerpt: "It's unfortunate, but the value of plain water is vastly underrated by most experts..."

Plain water is not defined nor can it be.

#2 excerpt: "Drinking alkaline or ionized water, however, is not a healthful choice in the long run"

YET the article goes on to say that distilled water is ACID pH, so the author might as well have included the whole pH spectrum... eroneous statement. It's also true that some acid foods cause an alkaline state after ingestion... not sure about water, but water is not meants to balance pH... it's the food and drink that does that!

#3 "Distilled water is an active absorber, and when it makes contact with AIR, it quickly absorbs carbon dioxide and becomes acidic."

Air is the name given to atmosphere used in breathing and photosynthesis. Dry air contains roughly (by volume) 78.09% nitrogen, 20.95% oxygen, 0.93% argon, 0.039% carbon dioxide, and small amounts of other gases. Air also contains a variable amount of water vapor, on average around 1%. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Atmosphere_of_Earth

#4 "Since it is free of dissolved minerals and other particles, it has the ability to absorb toxic substances from your body and eliminate them."

This statement is in context to distilled water but has to do with any water. Water does not dissolve rock /inorganic substances or minerals, it carries them and when drinking, they enter your body. Water does carry condensed gases.

"IT" being distilled water. If you drink too much of ANY kind of water, your body will lose electrolytes as happens when you perspire/sweat or urinate in excess and become dehydrated.

The article goes on to say, quote: "...it has the ability to absorb toxic substances from your body and eliminate them." Well... that's GOOD! It also flushes inorganic minerals that your body can't use anyway. The minerals that your body utilitizes VERY well are plant derived. Plants convert rock minerals (inorganic), transpose them into chelated minerals that your body can use. Your body cannot do what plants do. Otherwise we could eat rocks to get our daily minerals. It's sort of like comparing your body to a steam clothes iron that operates without becoming clogged up when you pour distilled water into it for steam vs using tap or spring mineralized water.

#5 quote: "In a paper by F. Kozisek of the World Health Organization (WHO), water low in calcium and magnesium, such as distilled water, is associated with the following health problems:"... and it goes on to cite the health problems. hogwash!

Your body cannot utillize (or can barely) inorganic minerals such as oxides or oyster shell for example and these products line the shelves of even health food stores which should be ashamed of themselves. Your body also does NOT store Organic (chelated) minerals.. which is why you must eat your vegetables regularly! Distillation removes only inorganic minerals, true, but that is desirable.

source: http://www.awginternational.com/index.ph...&Itemid=14
quote: "Boiling may concentrate any harmful contaminants that do not vaporize as the relatively pure water vapour boils off. In many ways, distillation is the reverse of boiling. To remove impurities from water by distillation, water is usually boiled in a chamber causing the water to vaporize and the pure (or mostly pure) steam leaves the non-volatile contaminants behind. The steam moves to a different part of the unit and is cooled until it condenses back into liquid water. The resulting distillate drips into a storage container.
Salts, sediment, metals - anything that won't boil or evaporate - remain in the distiller and must be removed. Volatile organic compounds (VOCs) are a good example of a contaminant that will evaporate and condense with the water vapour. A vapour trap, carbon filter or other device must be used along with a distiller to ensure a more complete removal of contaminants.
A good distillation unit produces VERY PURE WATER. This is one of the few practical ways to remove nitrates, chloride and other salts [inorganic minerals) that carbon filtration cannot remove." unquote

Distilled water is BETTER than tap or spring water EVEN THOUGH volatile organic compounds may remain in distilled water when the distiller does not have a vapour trap (which most do).

#6 quote: "Sure, the heavy metals are left behind. Lead, for example, will not vaporize. But chlorine will change into chloroform during the distillation process, and will be present in your distilled water. Distilled Water is Actually MORE Toxic than Municipal Tap Water"

You can't have worse water than what you started with. FACT.

#7 quote: "Distillation can remove an estimated 55-60 percent of fluoride"
That is stated as if it's a bad thing. Hell, it's better than drinking 100% of it.

Just drink your damned water, any water. But if you can, use distilled. It's clearlry BETTER.
Water is meant for hydration, not nutrition, remember that!

barefootrevolution Wrote:I agree with you Eurydice, I know the damage that drinking only distilled water did to my body. I was sick for a very long time, could not get the mineral count up in my body no matter how many supplements I took. I had so many problems with pain, brain function, cramps, hormone imbalance. Finally, after 9 years of distilled water, which Swerdlow advised me to drink, I went back to spring water.
Swerdlow feels that distilled is the cleanest water. That is not incorrect, but it is also dead water. He advised that if you drink spring water you absorb too much radon into your body. Once I started to think about it, I realized that radon is a gas that rises and evaporates, so if you leave your water open for a bit, any radon (if there is any) would just evaporate out.
I was advised by 3 different doctors to stop drinking distilled water, but I didn't listen. I was convinced that Swerdlow was correct. My mistake. As a matter of fact, I don't think there was a single thing that Swerdlow told me to take for my health that helped me.
I was so sick that I searched for another doctor, he figured out what was going on, added amazing supplements to my diet, got me off the distilled water.
I am now taking a wonderful mineral supplement plus drinking either reverse osmosis water or spring water. My health has returned.
What was happening was that the distilled water was leaching out everything I put into my body, all the minerals, etc. What a waste of time and money.
Once I got off the distilled water, my body began to absorb what I needed and my health returned.
Of course, I did other therapies also, but I do think a huge part of it was getting off the distilled water.
I have a friend who was suffering tremendous leg cramps, she could not get enough minerals into her body, she was taking huge amounts of potassium each day just to stop the pain. She was a huge distilled water drinker also. Once she stopped drinking it, her cramps left her.
Distilled water is great for irons, not for humans, IMO.
Sifter, I don't think you read this whole thread. You are ignoring real life experiences like this one and many others. You can keep claiming distilled water is good for you but real life experience says otherwise.

Hi Richard. I appreciate your feedback, however I am a person with experience drinking distilled water for many years, like 10 yrs or longer, no problems.

But I will mention something important. Most food is deficient in minerals, especially trace minerals, even organically grown produce may be deficient. I spent many yrs in research so I was aware to eat my vegetables and to take food based supplements such as Standard Process, whole food complex supplements while drinking distilled water. Perhaps that is why I didn't have a problem with it.

It's a 'sidetrack' to be concerned about the minterals in water when you can't get enough that way anyway!!! Place your concern over minerals in your food, not the water.

I was told many yrs ago by one of 13 hydro-geologist (hope that's spelled right) in the country, an expert of well and spring water in the United States ... he told the group on this field trip to NEVER drink well or spring water that is untreated because over 3/4 of the underground land throughout the U.S. is cavernous meaning that water does not get filtered properly through the soil/ground and the water can travel for hundreds of miles from who knows where picking up who knows what.

I'm sticking with distilled water and I also drink our well water (350' deep well) but the water has a sophisticated filter treatment system.

Having a sufficient mineral supply in your DIET should have your concern over worrying about the minerals in water because water is for hydration, it's not a food! You should be concerned about the pollution, chlorine & flouride in the water over the minerals.

My suggestion is to make sure you get a broad spectrum source of minerals daily and filter your water.

The problem isn't about getting minerals from water. The problem is distilled water strips minerals from your body.

I'm not recommending people drink unfiltered water. I think all water should be filtered. I have a well too and it's run through filters, UV, and ozone.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The 5 Benefits Of Drinking Alkaline Water Breaking News 1 1,412 09-08-2018, 05:54 AM
Last Post: Tiana
  Distilled water beneficial in the short run SilverInfinity 13 3,650 10-16-2009, 11:00 PM
Last Post: Richard
  Questions: Himalayan salt, distilled water, and survival food? ShadowRunner 17 6,395 03-17-2008, 12:58 AM
  Chicken Dies Drinking Bottled Water in China Richard 0 1,120 09-12-2007, 01:31 PM
  Claims that Distilled Water is Dangerous Get Boldened 12 4,864 01-30-2007, 06:33 PM