Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jealousy
Jealousy

Whenever we enter the sign of Scorpio, the energy of jealousy always seems to arise; I am not saying that all Scorpios are jealous people. At this moment in time, my youngest who is pre-teen, pubescent and a few months from the test of her life (high school), the fun age!  I can’t help but see the change in all of the girls at her school, and not sure if the males could understand, but girls at this age alter their personality to this catty obsessive need to control other girls, to be competitive and amplify the energy of jealousy, to manipulate the minds of others, and at 12 yrs old I wonder where it comes from, is it in them naturally, is it their astrological make up, or does it come from home? This actually takes me back to when I was that age, and I would never want it again, and it occurred to me why I had more friends that were boys, but men grow up to be jealous, so the male/female understanding is totally different.  

So while I am on an uphill battle to try and keep my daughter centered on her own journey of understanding, she still needs to experience the whys and how’s of life, so my question to anyone that wishes to discuss is –

Where does jealousy come from?

Would you consider yourself a jealous person?

I'm a jealous person! But then I'm a Scorpio so at least that fits. I've realised I'm jealous because of deep-seated insecurity, but man the jealousy is so intense, like a hateful vengeance almost. It seems to stem from needing to control things or people in order to keep them as "mine" because I just assume that the instant they break free they'll realise how much better off they are without me! Very backwards I know.

The other side of it is not even wanting something until I see someone else with it - but again I think this stems from the same root. Everyone else is better, has much better things, therefore anything they have that I don't must be better!

Maybe it's a Scorpio thing or maybe it's just me...

I'm a jealous person also. I am very aware of it though and try not to let it show. I usually overcome my jealousy by being complimentary about the thing I am most jealous of. i.e. "You've lost weight you look great!"

I'm not really a jealous person because I am too interested in myself to be jealous lol x my ex was a Scorpio and he was very jealous and a control freak, as was one of my best friends.

I'm not a jealous person. I think jealousy stems from insecurity.

I did have an ugly bout with envy once. Now that was scary! I did learn alot from it but gheez was it costly!

Jealousy definitely stems from insecurity . Doesn't everyone have insecurities? something or other? Yet everyone is not jealous.

I would think most people have insecurities in some area or another.It comes down to managing or addressing your feelings and being responsible for your reactions.  My understanding is that jealousy is concerning relationships . Envy is another matter but can be connected to jealousy. It seems jealousy is a control issue too. 

I definitely have insecurities, but I do not have a jealous inch of energy in my body, and anyone that knows me will tell you the same, but when I was young, I was jealous of my brother, my friends for so many reasons, now I think of it I was jealous of a lot of stuff, but jealousy is the first energy that I disposed of once I began to mature, and I have to say it is a control issue- control of self, and you are so right MN with what you say here.

It is great that everyone is so honest here, that is wow to me.

[user=61]Mercy Now[/user] wrote:

Quote:It comes down to managing or addressing your feelings and being responsible for your reactions.  

AJ, I think the terms jealousy and envy are being confused. Jealousy is being suspect or emotionally unreasonable if one's friend(s) , husband , relative relates to another in an innocent (or not) manner.Jealousy is about relationships and control of those people.

Envy is wanting what someone else has and that could be a relationship.

Yes I understand MN, but do you think envy is the root of jealousy, because jealousy goes beyond relationships, I think?