Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jealousy
Quote:I have a competitive streak, yet lets say some women was after my husband, that would not make me feel competitive in any way! Does that make sense?
 Yes that makes sense to me . You are secure in your relationship with your husband.

My parents tried in their own way I suppose. I  do compete against myself and I can participate in friendly competion like watching or going to a ball game. As long as the energy is friendly. I don't like friction. 

Yes it is DT, my mother and father were incredibly jealous of each other, their marriage grew into this really negative energy because of their insecurities, if another woman even looked at my father it was on, it was insane! And the funny thing is neither ever had an affair so it was all just BS really!

I know/knew a couple, (which by the way I have nothing to do with) when they drive together she is not allowed to look out the window in traffic!

I really do not know what creates some people to be so intensely jealous but it certainly does grow with the relationship, it only gets worse if that is how it began and it requires going deep within self to discover why you feel threatened, why you feel inadequate and it structures a heap of other issues, and control is the core of all of it.

DT, Just be the grandmother you wish you had (maybe you did) and be sincere  and authentic and your grandkids will know you, and appreciate you.

AJ, I've often wondered if something is wrong with me because I don't get jealous. I like people ,all kinds of people but if I don't feel the need to "play" some unspoken game for their attention or affection. I do get hurt from rejection from some people too but I don't fear it really.

I completely understand MN, I am the exact same and I don’t question myself but sometimes those around me do, and ask how do I do it, and the only time I am affected is some people see it as being cold, uncaring, but I just see it as understanding myself and not focusing on what might happen, because it might not as well, I might die today or I might die in 40 years and if I struggle with ‘might’ well I am really restricting my life!