Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
whats love?
What doesn't always apply? I don't agree with you, William. We don't lack love in ourselves, we are given the ability to love. It's just that most people didn't realise what is that they truly love, and that they could love without any specific reason and without obligation.

You don't have to be in a relationship to enjoy that feeling, love towards love. It's something like when teenagers say-I like the feeling of being in love, and in fact, the relationship means very little to nothing. :)

I agree with you Scarlet. We discussed this many times before, the problem is that most people see love the way its been shown in Hollywood movies "and they lived happily ever after". Also, most people identify love with the feeling of being crushed with someone. That is just not true. Love is so much beyond that feeling, it is very deep and very serious and responsible if I can put it that way, it is not superficial and childish and it is not just physical and sexual attraction. People love that feeling of being crushed, or elated. But that feeling is temporary. What happens is that people are so blinded with the false feeling of perfection that they fail to see the opposite. They neglect to work on mutual flaws. So when elation is gone, you know what happens. Then people are hurt and dissapointed and they keep trying to find another feeling of elation (which they believe is love) or they stop believing in love, because they don't know that love is something different.

Most of relationships are not "love" but situations where partners just feed on each others mind patterns.

The only perfection that people have is that perfection in themselves. They can give love to another person/persons in their lives because it's theirs, it's not of that other person. Seeking the perfection in this reality is most stupid thing ever. But if you truly love something, there is no flaw in that. Either way, if you lose that person you really care about, there shouldn't be any grief in your soul, because you shouldn't have lost that thing you had in you. It's not lost, it's maybe only your ego that is hurt, not a thing can touch your soul that is made from pure love.

Bad characteristics of a person can be changed, and that shouldn't be the obstacle in a relationship, if you love each other.

Most relationships are based on interest of some sort, they maybe don't have similar interests and have different mind patterns, but it's money and physical attraction that binds that two people together. But the money comes and goes, the body is getting older and uglier, it's perishable. What's left than? Two people sitting together with nothing to talk about. :)

Love is always an interesting topic because love is the purest energy of life, it is not intended to have one expression, it is for everyone and it is in such abundance because it allows each individual to have their own unique interpretation, however so many people do not allow themselves to experience it.

Love is misunderstood and often turns to vengeance, revenge and hate, and this is twisted love, I think that if you love then hate the same thing, you really did not love in the first place.

The foundation of love is diversity because you love your parents different to your children, and to your partner, your animals, friends and life itself.

Love is food for the soul.

Let me ask a question- who feels truly loved right at this moment?

I think that there are many kinds of love depending on who you love, for example the way you love your mother will be expressed differently to how you love your wife. In general, love is wanting the very best for another person - it is how we express this love that makes it complex. 

I terms of father and son love.  I had a very difficult relationship with my father when I was a child/teenager.  My father had a very difficult time at that stage because of his health and I could not understand his behaviour towards me.  As a result this I was very depressed and wanted to end my life at times. 

Our relationship has improved over the years and I now see that many of the things that he has done for me, then and recently, could only have been done out of love.  We are now both better people and our relationship has improved and I love hime and I know that he has always loved me. 

I know that my father is also human and when I look back at those bad times I do not know how he managed to take care of his family because of his health issues.  I now see that my father is probably the best man that I know.  He has always put his family first and did everything that he could for us and I know that he really wanted the very best for us.  I now know that it was the medication that he was on that most likely caused him to behave the way he did.  If I can criticise him - I think that he did not love himself enough and tried to do too much for us.  Also, we did not communicate enough. 

I can say this from what I have learned from the relationship with my own father is that being a father to a son takes a lot of patience, strength, courage, trust, respect, understanding, honesty, appreciation, acceptance, friendship etc.  I think that may be the love between a father and a son is all of these things but also self love.  To this day I cannot bring myself to tell my father that I love him using those exact words but I do so in many other ways - so does he.           

I can never be a father but I think that I would know how to love a son - my father taught me.  I hope that this helps.

Craig

I was talking about how people are looking for things they lack in their lives... IE.. looking for a Relationship/girl,guy/ money or better relationship with parents etc... So most equate love with what they are lacking in their life.. I have felt love and it is complete and satisfying but then it somehow fades and we are left looking for love again.. Do we really want love or what we are lacking in life?

William, are you sure that what you felt was "really" love? Like I wrote before, we often misinterpret "fallin in love" with real love. That is why you had an impression that it faded away. Because it was not "really" real love. It was just something on a surface. I also

There is another explanation. I also felt love, but the relationship ended because we came to a point where both of us needed to go in different direction in order to develop further.

I believe people always lack something. If it wasn't this, then its something else, never satisfied. In a way, that is maybe our driving force that keep us exploring life.

Ludicrous
Obsession
We
Experience

Well,it is double V,but who cares ;)
Double V,double obsession.

Well Dejjan, that is what people usually experience and they think it is love. It is not what love really is.