Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
whats love?
i liked that post

Well all I can say Tyson is I have sacrificed a great deal of myself for others, but I am not a victim, it is the path I have chosen and I have strong boundaries and limitations, and all I can say is I feel the love everyday and it is totally awesome, and for those who do not feel loved, I feel for you because it is a sad existence and I once walked the path of feeling alone and unloved, but it is pure selfishness that enables this to enter the mind pattern.

To add, the people that I come across that feel this way prioritize their drama, their pain, their anguish, their problems, their hurts, their abandonment, their this and their that, there is not a person in this world that walks without pain. When life is all about you that is the way it manifests!

Tyson I want to read your thoughts, ideas and values on this topic because this really is your post, and it has been popular, so please spread your wings, think outside the box and tell.

I myself have trust issues so I pointed that out 'cause I know I'm not the only one.A friend told me we Cancers have some problems with bonds,and I must ratify that,in my case at least :P But well,I'm working on it.

It's really hard to explain the 'soumate'thing,'cause I didn't mean by 'like the person is you just in another body' that two individuals need to be exactly the same.I meant the ability to understand each other to the fullest,accepting the individual lines of the other.

I know that hate and love are very strong emotions,and give energy to the one we love/hate.These feelings seem like each one side of a sword to me.But which one is sharper I wonder?

Exile,

Yes many cancerians have these issues, but I would not say problems with bonding, it is commonly with acceptance and letting go, and the first step to rectifying them is acknowledging they are there, and you are already there.

Nice analogy about the sword, I like it!  

Hey guys...been traveling and away from the PC for awhile.  This is a good topic for discussion. 

Personally, I believe fear is the opposite of love, not hate.  Fear makes us react in ways that love  will not.   I also believe unconditional love is the key that allows us to be our full potential whether we are loving a partner, child, parent, animal, stranger or even an enemy. 

When we dig deep enough into ourselves and learn to forgive and allow love to conquer our fears, we find new dimensions within our being.  The work always begins with self and then can become an external component of outward expression.

As stated in other posts, programming and conditioning in our society makes us recoil and hold onto our ego, pain and identity associated with victimization, thus blocking a full awareness of the power of love.

Also, some have described in this post the stages of love, that initial feeling one finds when first developing a new relationship.  For some, the euphoria generated through biochemicals, can become an addiction, creating patterns whereby a person continually seeks the high associated with a new relationship.  In this situation, the individual never fully experiences love because pain is not processed when the relationship stops filling addictive need.

To love unconditional means letting go of our ego attachments and our desire to control outcomes in life.  That means forgiving and healing past pain and feelings of abandonment, mistreatment, victimization etc. 

We can not truly love holding on to resentment, anger, unforgiveness or other feelings that work at odds with the energy of love.  This does not mean that love makes us a door mat.  Love is discerning and knows there are times that the unconditional love means taking care of self is more important than sacrificing self. 

On the path to the perfection of love we find our fears and programming becoming obstacles to the journey.  These obstacles are meant to be overcome through the exercise of love in it's pure unconditional form.

One more quick thought. I have always had dogs in my home that exhibit the qualities of unconditional love that I often lack.

I have missed your posts beyondinfinity, hope you had a good time on your travels. As always your replies speak volumes and not sure if I would say fear is the opposite, but more in the line that fear is a great fuel for hate, and monarch programming you could say is a strong flame for both!

I have certainly let go of all the things you mention with unconditional love, but I personally think that unconditional love is a fallacy, because everything in life has conditions, limits and boundaries. I may be taking your words the wrong way.

Very good points Astro. I can see fear becoming hate. Also, in order to love unconditionally, one must apply boundaries to self or the self looses it's place of honor. To love allows another to be their true, but also should not stop the one who is loving from being their true self.

Yes I agree, I thought about the ‘unconditional love’ thing years ago, and you put it into words very nicely and I must add you always put thought to words in a fantastic way. Everything in life has conditions, or you are just really servicing the other persons every whim, and I would consider that slavery. It is very rare that you come across two people with equal energy in a relationship, I think that would be boring, and this is the misconception to life that we are all supposed to believe, our search for the perfect soul mate has been manipulated, and I think this adds to the reason why in today’s modern world, people throw in the towel so easy when they disagree with their partner, relationships of all forms are hard constant work because the core energy for merging is growth and development.

Sometimes I think our society is so fast paced the general population doesn't allow the time needed to truly work through a relationship and do the hard work. For example, a recent craze is speed dating and all these "reality" shows where people don't allow themselves time to "really" get to know a person. I agree about relationships taking work. It seems to me that our society is conditioned to throw in the towel when a relationship is uncomfortable or painful, instead of processing through the pain in order to have the growth and development you have discussed.

I have learned in my life, that I will recreate relationship lessons if I avoid the pain and hard work; or if I decide to numb myself to the pain through addictions. Programming makes it harder because I have to constantly battle what is me and what is programming. So often my core issues have resurfaced as a common thread in relationships, which gives me an indication of the common denominator, ME! It all goes back to me and my stuff and how I work through it, which also goes back to my initial post regarding fear and love. I can say that I fear love because love has shown it's painful side since I was a child. In my case, it is the perception of love that creates fear. This is all based on expectations such as finding the "perfect soul mate". I have come to the conclusion that the outside world is a reflection of my inner world and unless I work on self, there will not be a "perfect soul mate" that will come and sweep me off my feet and make my life wonderful. To me, this is the fantasy of movies and stories.