Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
3 things
I was having a conversation with someone the other day, and we were talking about many different things, and spiritual understanding was one topic, and modern life has created our reality to become goal-less (is that a word?), and we seem to just live continually in the now, without ambition or aspirations, and without these, our future really has no realism.  

So this person asked me “what are 3 things you would like to do before you die” well I had to think it over, and I replied I have a couple of ‘dreams’; I call them dreams because financially these things are completely out of my budget, but they are not dreams because if I had the money I could achieve them, so they are achievable, therefore they are actual goals!

Then this person said “change the 3 things to one that can be achieved sooner than later, it should also be something that does challenge you, something that you may not like, but part of you does want to do”.

So yes this person is mirror imaging what I go on about all the time, but put it into a completely different concept. This may sound crazy to some but I think it is a question that every person on this forum can try to answer or at least think about because perhaps they have not... so

What are 3 things you would like to do before you die?

A Bucket List?;) In the past mine changed nearly daily but I 'll consider the challenge.

I made a "bucket list" once, but then I died...

ahhh Bucket

AJ said:
Quote:Then this person said “change the 3 things to one that can be achieved sooner than later, it should also be something that does challenge you, something that you may not like, but part of you does want to do”.
Still under consideration......icon_confused

Oh come on! cant you at least tell me some of the things you would all like to do?

Oh, that part is easy...

1.I'd like to travel at a leisurely pace and comfortably through out the USA and North America

2.Same for all the other continents....
 3. I'd like to experience the feeling of recognizing unadulterated "love" again....(has absolutely nothing to do with romance or sex etc. )  the most incredible experience EVER..I remember it (this lifetime) but would like to experience it again, complete with the incredible beauty of that first day.

not necessarily in that order

for starters...

MN,

Travelling like that would be great, so is this something you plan on doing MN? Or is it just a dream? I think this is important to separate, because we all have wants but so many of them are not reachable and I do feel that this is why we feel disappointed. What do you think?

In the economical situation such as it stands now doing just about anything that costs money is a dream...

The New Normal.

True…true… but I think we have to stop thinking this way, it is becoming a plague of the mind, do you think starting with baby steps and achieving things that are accessible will change the collective thought patterns that we all seem to have? If you do not have goals, the routine of life is just so draining.

so with that said, do you have any accessible goals MN?