Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wondering What’s Next
Quote:[user=3]Richard[/user] wrote:
Quote:Janet said the plus side of the suppression is it gives us those areas a chance to come back stronger. Like when you compress a spring, it becomes stronger. The programmers know this and try to channel that energy into vents that they choose. They’ll create situations so that people can vent that energy. They design things to bring you down, to break your spirit, and cause you to give up. So we have to keep up our protection, especially when we’re sleeping.
I'm missing a suppression feeling, but I don't feel myself comfortable the last months because of boring news in the media and people who seem to behave in an artificial way in every aspect of life.

The protection technique is not to give up, thank you Richard. 

[user=3]Richard[/user] wrote:

Quote:Another thing Janet said is they are slowly getting us to not talking to other people. She said that is the reason for self serve check outs at stores, automated phone systems, ATMs, and so on. She said they want us to get use talking to machines

The digital entertainment, yes, I recognize this.

Quote:Diego Jose wrote:

i'm a soul personality that chose low level housing, no money and no father for the majority of my life.

Sorry for hearing that. I believe that you would find your place on this planet and home, and everyone of us hide unique qualities which brought us on this world.
Just find them within yourself!

Octahedron Wrote:I'm missing a suppression feeling, but I don't feel myself comfortable the last months because of boring news in the media.
I can relate to what you’re saying. I don’t feel any suppression and I hate the news. I hate how ever since Bush got into office that the news is mostly about war. I’m sick of hearing about war.

Richard wrote
Quote:Another thing Janet said is they are slowly getting us to not talking to other people. She said that is the reason for self serve check outs at stores, automated phone systems, ATMs, and so on. She said they want us to get use talking to machines
This is so true and there is much isolation these days and loneliness as well as lack of communication between men, women and communities. Neighbours alot of the time do not speak to each other anymore as well.

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - Americans are more socially isolated than they were 20 years ago, separated by work, commuting and the single life, researchers reported on Friday.   

Nearly a quarter of people surveyed said they had "zero" close friends with whom to discuss personal matters. More than 50 percent named two or fewer confidants, most often immediate family members, the researchers said.

"This is a big social change, and it indicates something that's not good for our society," said Duke University Professor Lynn Smith-Lovin, lead author on the study to be published in the American Sociological Review.

Smith-Lovin's group used data from a national survey of 1,500 American adults that has been ongoing since 1972.

She said it indicated people had a surprising drop in the number of close friends since 1985. At that time, Americans most commonly said they had three close friends whom they had known for a long time, saw often, and with whom they shared a number of interests.

They were almost as likely to name four or five friends, and the relationships often sprang from their neighborhoods or communities.

Ties to a close network of friends create a social safety net that is good for society, and for the individual. Research has linked social support and civic participation to a longer life, Smith-Lovin said.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20060623/us_n...friends_dc

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  What’s going on with Rodrigo? Richard 11 1,713 11-17-2008, 06:24 PM
Last Post: DreamTime