Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
a little advice please
hi guys and girls, i have been stretching out this problem for a few years now. i am a young adult but i havent had a real job yet. to be honest, i dont want anything that can be bought bad enough to get a job. my father, who i havent seen in a few years says i need to be programmed to my mother. she told me this btw. anyways what do i do? do i try to get a job and feel like im wasting myself everyday or do i continue to try to clarify that i dont want to be a working man i just want to live peaceful and stress free, it keeps me happy. my parents obviously would not approve of this choice. im aware im an adult now but if i tell them i dont want a job i will probably be thrown out of my mothers house and its getting close to winter time. it will be a challenge to find shelter and food in the cold and in the snow. i just dont think i could do this objective on my own. im just looking for some advice, i have nobody to talk to. thank you hyperspace.

Tyson

I can understand how you feel about getting a job that you do not like, Tyson. But don't you ever think about your mom? I mean, she has to feed, clothe, and take care of all your needs and you do not contribute anything? Is she a working woman herself or is she so rich that money doesn't matter? Don't you feel any obligation to help out the household at all? I guess the point that I am getting at here, is that in this world, unfortunately, you need money to survive unless you live off the land and make your own clothes and food. I don't think it is fair to your mom for you to expect her to do everything (monetarily) for you. You should try and find a job that you at least like, so that you can help contribute to the household. Just my 2 cents worth...

Tyson,

Yes you should think about your mother first, secondly you are using the wrong motivator tool to even spark an interest in the working world, you do not go to work just to buy material things! So I think you need to release that, I go to work every week and believe me there is not much I can go out and buy!

And thirdly, you belong to a generation that has evolved the overnight millionaires and your age group has this inbuilt switch to any type of authority, because my generation has made life easy for you guys, I am not being critical here but I do have a 21 yr old, plus an army of her friends that also call me mum!

Life is physically easy for your generation, yet it is incredibly challenging in the spiritual manner, therefore a balance is required for you to even survive in the big world of employment, there is a lot riding on your generation for the future, you all have a big job to do.

So are you studying?

What do you do with your time?

Could you explain a day in the life of Tyson?

What are your interests?

thanks for both of your thoughts!
a day in the life for me is very relaxing. i usually read alot. i just kinda go with the flow. frankly there is no flow which is just the way i like it. just relaxing in my room. i listen to music sometimes. and i am practising my japanese also i read alot about car engines which ive always done since i was young. basically it, just enjoying it with no stress

Tyson,

The universal laws drive us to seek awareness and answers, yet the question we must first ask our internal self is “are we ready for the answer” and “have you personally evolved enough in life to actually go from asking questions to receiving answers? 95% of people fail at this last question, in logic they all say yes, but in reality the responsibility for oneself can just be a little overwhelming.

To evolve in life, and your biological age has no preference to the mature mind, I know very childish 50yr olds and very knowledgeable 10 yr olds, so do not let your age deter your journey.

So here are some words from a writer who I will not name, yet I am very fond of.

The ignorant man is not unlearned, but he who does not know himself and the learned man is stupid when he relies on books, on knowledge and on authority to provide understanding. Understanding only comes through self knowledge which is the awareness of one’s total psychological process. 

Education is a matter of accumulating information and knowledge from books, which anyone can do, and such education offers a subtle form of escape from ourselves and like all escapes, it inevitably creates increasing misery.

So what I am trying to say in a subtle way Tyson is, you can only understand society by interacting in it, it is a nice thought to create a stress free environment in your room, but you are simply setting yourself up for disappointment, because I ask are you ever going to go to Japan?

lol definately not by sitting on my ass. well thats all i needed, a little extra bump. thanks AJ! thanks DT! ill try to get a job soon. cant be so bad.

Tyson, Have you considered nuturing your interest in car engines and perhaps look into being schooled in that field?
Let us know how your job search goes okay?

i have. i dont know.. maybe after i get my GED. yea ill keep you posted.

still unemployed. i just dont see whats so alluring. i dont want anything bad enough to get a job i have everything i need. for now

Not to sound harsh, Tyson, but maybe if you were really out on the street in the cold you would look for a job. It sounds like one of the first steps you need to take is getting your GED. I encourage you to find some services to accomplish this goal.