Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Do You Remember Being Born?
I found this post using Google to search for the reason that I sometimes see white dots when I open my eyes while still in deep sleep.

I have studied the human eye in my psychology classes, so my speculation is that when we sleep the Ganglion cells, or the related rods and cones that collect the images that we see, shut down during sleep. This is the main reason that we sleep: to give these types of cells the time to take a break and repair themselves.
I suspect that the white dots are the cells being out of commission and transmitting no information to our brain receptors, resulting in white spots.

I am searching for more information since my speculation fails to answer why the rest of my visual field is not missing. Again, I suspect that certain cells are slower to respond to stimuli when I open my eyes.

Scott

What an interesting read! I don't remember being born at all, but my mum tells me they thought I was stillborn at first, but after a few second I took a breath and started to cry. I joked about this being my reluctance to be 'here' again.

I have a couple of early memories. One from when I was 18 months old, I was in a jump suit in the backyard with a bucket. I was sitting on my nappy and I remember feeling really unconfortable because it was so padded and made my bum too warm lol.

I also remember the day my brother was born. I was 2 and didn't understand why he had to come along and when saw him I swear he looked straight at me and we exchanged a communication of 'let's get it right this time.' Still don't know what we botched up.

I've done a couple of past life regressions as well. One where I was in Egypt as a man. I remember I was poor, and I was wearing sandals and I was in some kind of market and it stank of rotten food.

Anotehr regression I had I was in Estonia in 1495 and I was some kind of worker in a castle. I had no family of my own and I was wearing very brightly coloured clothes. I was desperatley unhappy and tried to escape and I was running out along a beach with these men with swords chased me they caught me and I was decapitated right then and there.

The 'royal' fmaily of that castle I felt was my half sister and brother and step father.

I don't know anything about Estonian history.. I should look it up now!

To this day I have a really 'weird' thing about my neck. I hate it being touched and can't wear certain types of clothes becaue they made me really uncomfortable.

Interesting slamond, putting your psychology education together with intuition/perception/insight will bring much awareness to the why’s, how’s and when’s in life that text books can not answer.  

Yes RockNRollHippie you should look it up, and the first thing that comes to mind is you have died once from strangulation, the feeling you have with your neck is actually common, and it is the energy at death that affects us, not actually the death.

That is intersting RockNRollHippie.Alot of regressions are things like " I was Nefertiti" or "Merlin". Something attached to glamour and ego. Yours seem to be genuine.

Mercy Now Wrote:That is intersting RockNRollHippie.Alot of regressions are things like " I was Nefertiti" or "Merlin". Something attached to glamour and ego. Yours seem to be genuine.
True, indeed, though, someone also was Nefertiti and Merlin. Well, I am quite sure I wouldn't like to be either Nefretiti or Merlin. Hah, first I thought that you mean Merlin wizard from the King Arthur's legends. :D

I have no memories at all of early childhood, a few around
the age of 8, this is a facinating subject.